Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
B
H
O
V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
A
H

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
D

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
B
M

Cardio Cardio Cardio

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
A

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
M +

Write in: Close our eyes as tight as we can and don't make a sound.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
2. A
3. E
4. J

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1. D

rear end in a top hat teacher wants to give us extra work? fine. you don't ascend to the conspicuously absent Gold tier by taking the easy road.

(if he actively sabotages our learning or doesn't actually teach us anything we should absolutely narc to dad tho)

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

We are the Silver Bear Clan.

of course we are, the gold tier is a half-forgotten myth, no one could ~ever~ Cultivate that hard.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
okay, this is what I was hoping for. this guy is still a major hardass, and he's going to have it out for us if we don't toe his line (I figure if he had to toss us we wouldn't be coming back tomorrow like Decavo is), but will at least actually train us.

little bit disappointed that our current crop to pick from for Rival Characters is all icky boys, but I've got high hopes for when we get to go see mom's tribe

super sweet best pal posted:

We should try each of them out when we practice, see what we learn.

:hai: gold tiers live and die on their extra-curriculars

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

CourValant posted:

Vote: S. Pretend to agree then all-out attack, except we're swinging our bag of pomegranates and the nuts like a sock full of doorknobs.

"Okay Bato, you win, you want my breakfast, come get it."

Always up for some low-stakes goodfites. If we can be clever about it, even better.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
A, G

no revenge, no solemn declarations. let the adults make a fuss about what happened if they want, we need to be learning and training so it doesn't happen again.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
also way to go Wotjeo, has our back 100% even against overwhelming odds. we'll get stronger together buddy :unsmith:

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1) Which do you follow?
B. Decavo

2) Do you want to ask Felero for help?
F. Yes (as an observer)

3) How do you want to get revenge?
M Challenge to a fight

more goodfights? more goodfights.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Good Fight!

1. A + Write in: Let them pull us apart, but be as ready as we can be for Decavo to sucker punch us as they do. It looks like we'll probably stop just because the adults said it's over. Not so sure about him.

2. JKM + Write in: Hug Wotjeo (gently) and thank him. We wouldn't have won without his help.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Write in: Mina, Mama, and Papa are all floating above the valley with us and Wotjeo, and we're (both! now they get to hear what Wotjeo sounds like too!) telling them about our fight. I hope they're proud of us!

BHB fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 22, 2019

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

malbogio posted:

Our peers have been pretty lame.

I mean, yeah he's a bit of a wimp (for now. we *are* gonna need a more consistent sparring partner as we grow up, though I'm eyeballing Decavo for that if we can help him to channel himself productively), but Felero did just give us the shirt off of his back without a thought.

BHB fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 22, 2019

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
B + Ask the Elder about Wotjeo's idea. Give Wotjeo credit for it.

BHB fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 22, 2019

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

JT Jag posted:

There's no point protesting to the Elder in the mood he's in right now.

I'm all for doing this experiment in front of Mina and getting her to tell him for us though.

agreed. similarly, if we want to try to prove that we have been Dreaming to the Matriarch or our parents, we should now be able to describe the land to the west of us in bird's-eye detail all of the way to the sea

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1. B - nah curiosity sated. :ms:

to throw out some speculation, healing sounds like a Light madra sort of thing to me, so it's possible Wotjeo can pull from all four of the madras from our ancestry. I'm also going to guess he'll always be smaller than other bears as we grow up, so we'll have to think up ways to compensate for that.

I think it'll be important for us to learn from mom as well as dad, madra or no madra. that social section of our character sheet is looking pretty shameful considering we're part butterfly

also:

Tunicate posted:

Always stick up for your bearother

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
a jump of a few years after we wrap up current plot threads isn't a bad call just due to the limitations inherent in us being four, but it's not like what we're seeing now isn't interesting in its own way so I'm not overly bothered.

LLSix posted:

Wotjeo is usually quick to point out his, and thus your, relationship to other Silver Bears. Most of them are your brother's and sisters. The rest are nieces, nephews, cousins, and a couple of grand nieces, grand nephews, and grand cousins.

I wonder if it's meaningful that we don't have any bear aunts or uncles

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
B

fighting is fun and good!

Ask mama if there are any other butterflies or other tribespeople living with the Silver Bears.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Jester Mcgee posted:

B
J

I'm sure our parents would come look for us if something was wrong, but this is just training. Can't get strong while always relying on others.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
F. Bribe them

try to get Chuno on our side by asking him what his 'dream' is and offering to help him when we're no longer under Minaro's tutelage. make the offer in a friendly (read: not really directly bribing) way because our desire for revenge has cooled

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
also ask Elder Minaro what 'mero dudla' means

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

paragon1 posted:

I think so. 'mero dudla' have been total gibberish that just stayed consistent due to whatever the Elder did to put the teen to sleep.

I'm leaning towards this too, with the possibility that it'll become more clear/in-depth as we continue to train.

also maybe the dream being mostly noise is someone who just fell asleep or is close to waking? or maybe they're shielding their dreams somehow.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
ooh, tough one. honestly I'd be happy with most of these but:

1. B

boring answer, but we need to get our fundamentals squared away

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Also when all is said and done, give Elder Minaro a sincere and humble thank you.

he's a stubborn, prideful, hierarchically-minded jackass, but he taught us well and clearly cares deeply about what he does and how he teaches. he deserves that much at least.

e: I didn't vote last round, but investing in our bearother was absolutely the right call

BHB fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 15, 2019

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
e: you know what? getting huge can wait for now, changed to this:

paragon1 posted:

CD
(I want us to spend more time with Mom)

BHB fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 15, 2019

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1) Do you want to ask Mina for help in training to get revenge on Chuno by beating him up?
B. No

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1) Is Felero a good enough friend, or has he given you enough other help for you to show his spirit companion Poca how to cultivate more efficiently?
A. Yes

Felero good
Papa good
Wotjeo big strong boi (also good)

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

JT Jag posted:

C seems like the happy medium here.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
1) Smelling blood makes you
B. Nauseous at the thought of someone dying
C. Eager to fight

we're going to protect them all!

2) You decide to

N. Wake up and warn Papa + Write-in: describe the animal we don't know to him if he doesn't believe us.

BHB fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 23, 2019

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
it's a long shot, but C is the way to go imo. Dream Mirror won't work, and trying to shoot on a grown man as a four(five?) year old is a nonstarter. I'm going to hope no one is planning on voting to abandon our bearother by running.

if the little shitweasel is surprised enough and can't bamf twice in a row we have a shot at getting a hold on it and leveraging that into a stalemate to buy us time (we're gonna get bitten and clawed real bad though)

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

that murder machine is adorable :kimchi:

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Changing from C to:

C + Write-in: if we get a hold of the polecat, concentrate on what Mama did with the bright light and have both Wotjeo and ourselves try to replicate it.

I've been speculating that Wotjeo (and ourselves, by extension) can use 4 madra types, and this could be a shot at confirmation.

I love how fighty Pumie is, and I can't say I'm too mad about the impulsivity here though we really need a bit more time-and-place discretion.
I'm also baselessly theorizing a bit about this dude with the weird hair color whose mission was (???) but is totally fine with blowing his cover just to capture a little kid.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Dr Subterfuge posted:

He was sent to spy and/or assassinate and found a little kid that somehow saw through a secret stealth technique that gives our dad trouble and our mom thought was a myth. He has every reason to want to figure that one out. Though assuming we were the ones who sniffed him out is maybe a stretch. It was our brother, after all.

This is certainly possible, though I read it as the teleport-through-shadows technique was the mythical one that gave Papa trouble, and not the hide yourself one which we saw through.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I took "move though the shadows" figuratively and then forgot about that phrasing when it happened literally. Oops. But anyway, he told us he wants to take us to his Elders so they can "question" us to tell them how we found him.

it just feels off to me that this guy was sent on a mission like this and wasn't given a mandate to maintain stealth (or at least plausible deniability) above all when the polecats are (now) going to be facing down a whole lot of pissed off silver bears tomorrow in a broad-daylight tournament setting. If us detecting him is some unprecedented mystery it makes sense from a risk-reward perspective, but I'm not sure if that's what's going on or if he's just scrambling.

fwiw on my own baseless speculation: I'm going with him being on the fringes of his tribe and this being a desperate attempt at trying to prove himself to them that we made backfire horribly.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
that man just bought himself a lifetime of punches and kicks to the face and groin

good that we had a moment of reflection there, first thing we should do when we get it together is apologize to the parents

BHB fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
D + any clever practical applications like The Lone Badger's

I want to add that I think we may be making a bit of a rookie error with the Dream Mirror technique in that we're focusing too narrowly on the surface of what it does. if we use the technique now we risk exposing its ability to confuse, frighten or shock our opponent by revealing inner desires/fears/demons, which would leave us with... a large barrier that unidirectionally blocks line of sight that we can erect instantaneously mid-battle.

that's devastating enough by itself that, if we can creatively apply it throughout the tournament (and we don't have the bad luck of getting hard countered), screw the second round, we should be aiming to win this thing.