Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
E

I get why people want a pet cat, but let's fight an honor duel and then make friends with a giant ghost cat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B
H
O
X

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
A - We eat anything we think is delicious, just like our father and brother!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

M. Night Skymall posted:

M + write in: Hold onto Wotjeo for support with our other hand.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
2. A
3. E
4. J - School-yard etiquette demands that if a kid pushes you, you push them back. Going full beserk will make things worse because it shows you have emotional problems. Punching is too much of an escalation and will start a 3-1 beat down. Crying, giving in, or doing nothing is blood in the water. Maybe we could challenge him to a duel for calling us a butterfly, but not yet.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
J with a caveat - challenge him to an ultra formal honor duel... In two months. We need time to train or he'll just kick our rear end even with a surprise attack. But if we have a duel coming then honor demands he doesn't hassle us until the proper time. Our bear brother should fight with us since he keeps calling us a Butterfly and that's a graver insult to him than it is to us.

I call this "plan Karate Kid"

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I support a time skip / training montage.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
A - The genre is cultivation, we gotta cultivate that vital essence

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

B
J

See if Wotjeo can help us get a handle on suppressing the sound of dreams.

Yeah, we'll find the dreaming person and our brother Wotjeo will help! He's great at dreaming, we can follow his lead.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
A

I'm going to buck the trend here. We have an advantage with our rare sound sense and we should learn how to use it right. Once this training is over we'll have to find rare vital essence for ourselves.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Infinity Gaia posted:

A

Cultivate... Friendship!

G

Yeah sure, but make him swear to not tell anyone, and be careful not to be seen.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Write in: Master you know more than I will in two lifetimes, so you know what the best choice for me is. I want you to teach me something special that only you can teach so I don't waste this time.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
DF

We've been studying hard but we asked for fighting lessons and ended up sleeping through them. Also we should trade lessons with our friend.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

malbogio posted:

C.

Cutting it off would be more practical but also rude to Mama and we’d miss the opportunity to learn from her.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
A

Being down an arm in a grapple is real bad, but we should fight the way we know how to fight. We've been feeding Wotjeo a lot lately, he's healthy and can make a strong showing. Let's try to stall the human with a tackle and hope our brother can beat the leopard.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

LLSix posted:

If it did that was a typo. It should have warned against Water Leopards because their aspect leans hard into soft styles which can really punish giving them the kind of uncontrolled energy leaping at them would provide.

That was meant to lead into the bit about how they tricked their first round opponent. You've put the idea into my mind now though and who knows what I'll do with it.

Yeah, it was Polecats they warned against. I figured because as soon as you tackle them they'll shiv you with poison death magic so you need to go for a quick killing blow instead. I wouldn't have voted tackle if we were warned not to wrestle Water Leopards.

I think this is a tricky opponent. They're going to want us to rush at them without thinking. We're bigger than them, especially Wotjeo is bigger than the Polecat. Instead of chasing them around, let's cautiously close in from both sides and just push them off the ring.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
C

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B it's what kids do

Arcturas posted:

Oof. Um. O. Only Silver Bears get to beat up other Silver Bears!

This 100%. Decavo is a violent prick and this will do more to make people think we're friends, but he's our clan. We have to defend a clan mate when he's being savagely beaten 3 to 1.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Sorry, double post

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 19, 2019

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

SerSpook posted:

C+E, also challenge him to a fair fight when both of us are recovered It is the Silver Bear Way.

Yeah, even if he has a sob story, we need to fight this out. But not if he's wounded and not if we're wounded and not some street brawl bullshit. We fight a real dual when we're both fully healed, just the two of us because this is between us and not our spirit companions.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
A
O

This is a hard choice. It would be nice to get Mama her earrings back, but we need to Cultivate.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Elder Minaro could also just be full of poo poo, there's probably other techniques to gather Madra outside animal valley.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Slaan posted:

Always bE cultivating

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B

We're short on time, but we might as well figure out how to use it properly, and we might be able to apply the same principals to the metal shaping technique and develop a fighting style based on fluidly changing equipment.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Reasoning: We stepped out of the ring because you told us to, but it was cowardly and wrong. We have to fight him for real in a fair match to put this behind us. We've been fighting, backbiting, avoiding, scheming over this pretty fued for too long. We needed to both have time to heal and train, then pit our skills against each other. Now something between us has been spoiled by old people interfering. We don't want to fight him now, it's another stupid cheating fight, but we have to. Now how do I win?

H but if they're cheating we should too, give her every advantage we can scrounge up, call in any favors we have left, including potions and borrowed artifacts.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Bright idea 1: get Mama to show us how to make a light spear with the crystal. Wait until Decavo beserk charges us and impale him with a suddenly manifesting spear.

Bright idea 2: talk to Decavo before the match, tell him this is unfair and not what we wanted, and he owes us one. Try to convince him to step out of the ring, or at least get in his head.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B

It's a bit risky since it could just be a waste of time, but elder Minaro could help us in lots of ways, he might even be able to get our hand fixed or lend us some armor.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

CourValant posted:

Vote: A. Yes

Ask Papa the best way to use this in combat; we're only going to get one chance at this.

The only technique we actually know is the Mirror, I don't see how more Madra really helps us, unless Papa can show us a simple Madra intensive technique to use against Decavo.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
We can't control what the Dream Mirror shows. What about some metal bands and a technique that sharpens them when they touch an enemy? It could be used to cut an attacker when they hit us, or shred them during a grapple.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Infinity Gaia posted:

ABD

We're horrified by what we had to do and extremely sad about Decavo's situation, but also relieved at having succeeded at it. We also feel Trepidation about what our life is going to be like now. Is Aracato going to come after us? Is Mama going to be hated even more? Are we going to be hated now? We did what we had to to stay alive, but the future looks very scary right now even with the success. It's unfair, we're only 6 and we were just trying to help and do the right thing! Stupid words. We have to spend more time with Mama to not make a mistake due to our words again.

This. Though out of character a lot of this, maybe most of it, was Mama's fault. She took a kid's frustration and turned it into deadly rumors and picked this fight.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
C - It's a good thing we have two bodies so we can help both parents. Our brother can add his great Bear strength to Papa's, while we can help Mama

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
D

Here's my reasoning:

1. We've had too many fights that were realistically lovely and harrowing, with this last one we learned that even a victory can feel terrible. We still feel a need to be strong to protect our family, but I think we've been shocked into wanting to walk a more peaceful path for a while. We also have a personal interest in healing our arm and even healing Decavo.

2. Who says healers can't fight? They know secret things about bodies, and probably have forbidden techniques to protect themselves that they don't show off. Our parents just don't know enough about them.

3. We've been starving and poor, struggling for just basic resources. We saw here how much some fancy meat, Madra orbs, and crystals can do. If we have valuable skills and connections, we can cultivate more and end up just as strong.

4. They have the rarest skills and knowledge, we can pick up the other techniques much easier without a full apprenticeship.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, good pick. First day and we learn that doing these techniques "wrong" can paralyze or kill. We also learn more about cultivation and have near limitless access to Madra! Grow fat Bear Brother!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B
N

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
A

Let's learn some other techniques from our teacher and give it a break for now.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Arcturas posted:

Apprenticeship:

C. Potions

Spare Time:
M. Enlacio & weapons
N. Friendship! (and social skills...)

Minor action time:
Convince Felero to spend some of our hang-out time taking fighting lessons from Mina. It'd be neat if we hung out with our friends Felero, Amiya, and Mina all together! And Felero needs to learn how to punch mans.

This sounds good, also talk to Felero about doing Potions together, since his mom wants him to take a break from dream stuff. Maybe he can teach us some of those weird words, and we can teach him how to curse in butterfly. We should be training, but this year we can train with our friends!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Pladdicus posted:

I will become strong enough to show him mercy.

This is the correct answer

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

malbogio posted:

B.
I. Try to flatter Zoa into teaching a lesson. If she refuses then drop the matter.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

JT Jag posted:

So, let's be real: Pumie is almost certainly not going to become a Potion Brewer, and Felero will almost certainly become a Dream Keeper. But we owe it to Abealo to help him find an Apprentice, because he has many things to teach and Potion Brewing is an important, if overlooked, role in the clan. Therefore...
This is incredibly important information. We should introduce Ximena to Abealo as soon as possible, and suggest she become his Apprentice when we move on to something else next year.

On the one hand, yes this is true and I support it completely.

On the other we are spending a lot of time talking and getting to know people and making their lives better and we should be spending that time figuring out how to turn our hair into steel needles and launch it at people's Madra points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Giant bees that shoot lightning will probably kill all our friends when we're 13 or so anyway. Someday we need to leave animal-friend valley, fight and eat the monsters outside, and Usurp the Emerald Empress before ascending to another plane of existence.