Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A We're the best!

Just found this thread, it's brilliant. Really appreciate the voting system too, I can't wait to randomly supercede everyone's 'get swole' votes with Mama's beauty tips. :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Toughy posted:

Seriously, read it you want C.C, head for the edge and try to trick him out, either mirror technique or counter charge and jump out of the way hoping his momentum carries him out, have Wojo ready to push him out if he's close but not out.
Then team up on the bear.

Yeah, do this. If it doesn't immediately work, run away. CJ

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
AZ
I don't know any of the adults well enough to care about them.

bonus hole boy posted:

Attend Mama's reunion with her family

Meet some kids from the different tribes

Definitely want to do these two things though.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
DP

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
DPX

Maybe the kids from other clans won't be such jerks.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A yum.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B Because we're cool.

L Someone already beat us to it. We can beat up Decavo another day, just make sure he's alive so that we can.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
D
How old are we again? I don't think we're mature enough to deal with this situation.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
CA It's embarassing that we need the help of others (individualism seems to be a Silver Bear thing), but we're grateful that we have it, because otherwise we'd probably get beaten more often!

M Let's try to make friends again. Getting associated with Decavo any more isn't a good look, and it would be nice to have a cross-clan friendship like our parents have obviously managed to accomplish.

Is there any chance that you could talk more about the world/system we're using? Everyone keeps referring to this being a 'Cultivation' world, with expected normalities regarding that, but I have no idea what those normalities are, I just like being involved with a cool story. No worries if you don't want to; I'm pretty lazy, and I'm sure there's a Cultivation megathread in Trad Games that I just haven't been othered to look for. :)

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 23, 2019

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A This is essentially a gift from Felero's mam, it'd be rude to give it to someone else.
N

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
H Could be fake, but at least we get tasty food. Being a child, it's difficult to discern the quality of some of the other items.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Weapon settings just mean different styles of weapons right? So we'd get to transform it into a club or an axe or whatever? Wouldn't it make more sense to train in a single weapon style?

A

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I love Mama and Papa. People in love are the best.

Rather than getting another companion, we should teach our brother to be a butterfly.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Buggering hell. Did not expect this kind of update after the shopping trip update.

1. Let's just cry. This is way more complicated than we'd thought it would be, and how could we have known the consequences of our actions if we've never had to deal with a situation like this before? I don't know how else our parents would expect us to respond.

I, as part of Pumie's decision making process, was split between ignoring Decavo because his situation is complicated, and beating him up because he sucks. I don't know how other people were thinking during this period. Did you guys want to mend their relationship? I'll probably change this vote if someone has a good answer.

Bremma posted:

My vote is to H

I think we might as well try to fight for our !exile. I was tempted by the apologize and hope for a better time to exlie, but as Papa said:

Figure a shot at no exile is better than certain exile even if we can plan for it.

Yep, I agree with this. It seems like the only response really considering the other options almost seem like certain death.

Maybe Pumie can ask Felero's family to help us out with some magic potion or something.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Bright idea 1: get Mama to show us how to make a light spear with the crystal. Wait until Decavo beserk charges us and impale him with a suddenly manifesting spear.

Bright idea 2: talk to Decavo before the match, tell him this is unfair and not what we wanted, and he owes us one. Try to convince him to step out of the ring, or at least get in his head.

I like this too.

I also think we should ask Felero's family for advice/free stuff. Would Minaro give us any advice? It all depends on how much time we have really.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Oh man, I did wonder if the dream was prophetic, I never thought it would be about today though! I interpreted us becoming the eel as us adopting foreign ways, and when we come back to the shore, everything we once knew looked different from a different perspective. Like, a long term thing. :p

Now I'm thinking... Wotjeo being washed away is quite concerning. Unless he is our dantian in the latter half of the dream? Maybe we should ask him if he has any bright ideas, or if and how he interepreted the dream.

Not sure about the small lifeless piece with four figures on it who kind of sound like they're walking on stilts, or the little sea creatures feeding of of us... We turn our back to the storm in the dream, and storms are usually violent. Maybe we can beat Decavo through nonviolence? And the four figures are Decavo's parents and his aunts/uncles, who are standing on a lifeless thing because they are dead? I have no idea.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

malbogio posted:

I think the people on the “lifeless thing” were just water leopard hunters on a boat.

That makes a lot of sense and I am an idiot.

This vote is too tricky. I would vote for any of these options.

malbogio posted:

Remember Elder Minaro has a forcefield amulet he lends to promising students to protect them from bullies who would interrupt their training. We are still a promising student and being exiled would interrupt our training. Aracato tripling the favor he asked of Minaro probably pissed him off.

Yeah okay, I'm convinced. B

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 5, 2019

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
E This tournament sucks, we just want to go home with Mama and Papa. That whole experience was awful.

I figured we'd probably use multiple dream mirrors when we received all that spare madra from Minaro, it's like, the only thing we can do with it. Never interpreted the dream like that though. I can't help but think that we're being played by some Polecat dream manipulator who has it out for either Decavo or Arcato. I mean, it's a lucky thing either way, but I woder if something is going on.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Aug 6, 2019

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I never considered our brother would have different parents, weird.

chin up everything sucks posted:

Remember that a 6 year old child, when asked who their favorite is, has a very good chance of picking a favorite. We don't have the mindset to be polite and decline to choose, especially in our dreams!
I was going to vote C before I read this. I think there's some truth here. "Who do you love the most?" is kind of like "What's your favourite colour?" to a 6 year old. We don't have the social maturity to understand what people mean when they say 'love', even if we might be able to feel it.

Voting A. We love Wotjeo the most, but out of Papa and Mama- Papa's the best. He's funny and strong.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I am really enjoying this story. Did you roll three times and get C each time? Because if so, that's amazing.

Our Matriarch is an arsehole. 'The path that we've chosen is going to be tricky'? We're barely past infancy! What path did we choose?!

Also,

LLSix posted:

There are only two Healers in the clan, and Healer Curada is the senior of the two. Properly it should be Elder Curada, but she prefers Healer, and since she’s an Elder, no-one argues with her about it.
Does this not make sense, or am I just really sleepy?

Going to vote C for now. Though I would really like to vote for E, I feel like our mam's hinting that we would be afforded more freedom under an apprenticeship. Plus, maybe we'll be able to hang out with Felero sometimes.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
BO

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Hell loving yeah learning how to speak crystal butterfly is great.

I second this, super cool.

I can't believe Bato's gang are still hunting after us, and that they're so bad at it. They must be being directed by someone. Actively scouring the caves in search of Pumie for all this time can't still be interesting. I could understand doing it every now and again if they're bored, but it seems like it happens pretty frequently. She's not even in school anymore!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Since everyone else is making a list, and it makes sense to do different things on different days-
J
A
D
B
G

In order of importance, descending.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Aw. Voting for J then.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
1. C Unless it gives us headaches, in which case just give it up for now.
I'd like to know what Felero is up to.
I'd like to know what Wotjeo thinks about our studiousness, or if he's bored.
I'd also like to check in on Rubia to see if we're still cool.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Can we ask Mama whether her and Papa are still concerned about us "running wild" if we aren't in an apprenticeship?

Also, if we choose 'none', does that mean we'll have time to do other stuff?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
1. D Let's have some fun.

N. Our friends need some love.
M. We can probably spend more time with this if we're not in an apprenticeship.
Q. Have fun with our brother too. Maybe explore caves with him or something?

If D wins we'll probably end up hanging out with our parents more anyway.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Pladdicus posted:

I will become strong enough to show him mercy.

This. Providing it means 'beat him up'.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
AJ
Why should we trust this guy we didn't even invite?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Man, so much has happened in such a short space of time! All of these new people are a bit confusing.

1. B This guy is ridiculous. I think he might be hexed or something. I don't know what any amount of training will do.
3. L We're still unpopular, I don't want to risk losing face.
4. P Doesn't seem like we can do anything, and it's not worth trying for someone who isn't a close friend.
6. Y We still trust Mama and Papa the most, and it's exciting being treated like an adult!

Not sure about the rest.

Regarding Papa's question about brothers or sisters, tell him that if we get another brother as brilliant as Wotjeo that would be phenomenal, but make sure Wotjeo is okay with it first. Did dad ask him?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A I guess this seems like it might be a fair deal?

G A Spear would be good if with our mirror technique- keep people at range and do spells. Not too sure about the learning multiple weapons thing.

X Spears are good enough.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B I feel like we've just done the shopping update.

Edit: Whoops, missed the update.

Needles is a strange choice, I feel like we could have started with something which doesn't require so much precision and has a bit more bulk. Though I feel like our time sneaking aroundcompliments our new throwing star-esque weapon. :ninja:

A For the new one. We need to start showing off how tough we are I think.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 10, 2019

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Zodiac5000 posted:

Not that meeting new people isn't cool, but we've got a pretty big cast of characters already, and adding another to occupy update space seems like overkill. I guess I'd be down with a 'yes, but offscreen/have it be done with GM's discretion' or something?

I feel similarly to this, but I kind of feel like I can just forget about most of these kids who Pumie has decided to help because I largely don't care about them. That's not to say that they're written in poorly, but that they were introduced quite suddenly and I feel like their future prominence depends upon future interactions which we may or may not decide to do. LLSix has given pretty much every character a name, but it doesn't mean that they're going to be or are important. :)

DMU
It was obviously a prank!
This contact could lead to an adventure where we can go on a trip outside the caverns which sounds exciting.

chin up everything sucks posted:

As for what we do: We get hurt to much. We know that as we get bigger, we draw more Madra into ourselves. What if we try and do this now to make ourselves stronger? We have some knowledge of our body from our healer training, so lets see if we can infuse our flesh and muscles (and maybe bones) with metal madra to make ourselves harder to hurt! I mean, what could go wrong?

This sounds fun too, let's do this!

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 13, 2019

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I hope so, I want our bear brother to be the best there is!

I just looked at our stats as well and noticed how stupid we are. Clearly we should somehow channel some of our spirit energy into cultivating Wotjeo's intellect so that he can be a smart muscle bear to help balance us out.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A
I'm convinced.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
E That's our food Rabbit.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Man, we got outmaneuvered by a rabbit. I don't know if that's our fault or Pumie's for being dim.

I don't have an opinion about these sorts of social votes with all of the side characters, I usually just skip over them to be honest. Grouping them might be slightly more interesting for me, but I feel like there are clearly posters interested in this aspect of the game/story, so they should get preferential treatment in regard to these characters.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
BI
After we help our best fighter beat up her opponent, we can ask Amiya to help Felero.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Bremma posted:

BI I'm guessing Felero has some weird dream keeper trick he thinks he can pull off, better give him room to swing and sort it out

That's what I was thinking. Either that or his pride. Either way, we should leave him be. BI Death is not fun, and we've trained a little in preventing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
C I don't trust her much either, but these guys are following the rules of brawling so far, so a part of me expects that to continue. Maybe that's a pride thing too.
S If we help Yolanda, she's less likely to go down and the others seem to be doing okay.