Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
C This way we get to spend time with Momma.

Also, ooh, alchemist training. Depending on what that entails, it might be a good idea to go for that later. If we can make things that help out cultivation, that's always a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
C We are a team. We wouldn't of won without our bearbro

Echoing the Welcome Back

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

C. Smith Apprenticeship with Carmenia

Even if we don't end up going Smith in the long term, I think this is the right choice. Carmenia said that she'll work the impurities out of us, which I take to mean she'll shore up our weaknesses. Also, the social status of being a Smith apprentice for even a year will be good for us, especially considering how important Smiths are to Hunters.

Next year we can go back to Curada or Herejo.

C. to agree with this. Plus it'd probably give us some ideas for that technique of Elder Minaro's.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
A E X
write in:

Would it be possible to still learn everything but have a focus on a single weapon? Like 1 lesson with a specialty, 1 lesson for general use?
If so then I think we should focus on staff (I) but learn a bit of everything (E) still

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

sheep-dodger posted:

Extra attention from the matriarch seems like a double edged sword at best in a society as violent as ours.

I agree with this because we could just as easily get a smack down we can't afford to get right now for not being ready to do this sort of thing.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
I vote for telling Curada, and, if she thinks Minato would be good to tell, getting her to annoy Minato with our glorious prowess.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Write in: We should consider finding some sort of teacher that could teach us some tricks for our metal ball shaping exercises.
So someone who specializes in metal madra, with a lot of control and finesse.
Mainly because I want us to be able to show Elder Minaro a thing or two and impressively burst his bubble.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 28, 2020

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Hey, I've read several cultivation novels where the parents are somehow perfectly fine, and just die of old age while the main character moves on to attempt immortality. Also a couple where the old training grounds were visited and new techniques were given before they moved on to better pastures.
Also, the valley seems to be spiritually rich, compared to the Empire's lands, so we may want to go there once we learn more about cultivation and take advantage of that, if possible.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

SerSpook posted:

its this

metal is hard and unyielding. metal is difficult to break. metal remains and lasts. metal can be shaped and used to serve many purposes. metal is civilization, tools, weapons, decoration. in techniques it should be focused on simple and direct action but also be capable of being cleverly manipulated to produce unexpected results. to create weapons, guide thrown projectiles, sharpen or blunt metal. to better build and create.

dream is ephemeral, lacking form. dream is difficult to define and changes easily, able to take on a number of characteristics. however, it lacks substance and will not last. dream can be made into thread for needles, into illusions, be made into flesh. dream can also grant special abilities, like eidetic memory, protection from nightmares, prophetic visions, and dreamwalking. also whatever dreamkeeping is. it can be used to enter the dreams of others, though this is dangerous. i imagine a capable user of dream madra could step into a dream and emerge elsewhere in the world, or even create a realm of dreams they control. however, all the dreams lack real substance. they cannot directly harm others, except mentally, unless given substance by something. the simplest and most effective use of dream in combat will be in illusions, which are not meant to directly harm but rather distract.

silver dream, the combination of metal and dream, is the combining of the strength and unyielding nature with the ephemeral nature of dreams. illusions may be harder to dispel, metal techniques may gain some esoteric effects related to dream. to send enemies pierced by our needles into a dreamlike sleep, if only for a moment. to create a mirror to reflect the desires of an individual. to make dream flesh of metal, to give the dream real substance. to switch between the two, to create needles that flit through obstacles because they are not "there" and then turn physical when they actually strike, for they are no longer illusion and are now real.

giving the dream substance does not mean its a "do anything" power anymore than any other madra type. for starters, the substance is basically always going to be metal--rather than giving the dream substance, it might be better to think of it as making the metal especially malleable. physical cultivation techniques for silver dream could lean more on metal (which is what most bears do, and it makes sense) or on dream. ideally they would be balanced, and lead to a body that is both adaptable and tough, perhaps even eventually leading to techniques that allow attacks to pass through because we are ephemeral in that moment, and to be hard and unyielding as we strike back.

Nothingtoseehere posted:

This sounds good

Also B - Spar with Luixue when healed

D - ask Big Bailei if she wants to come hunting for the metal site with us

Both of these. Only thing I say is tell Bailei that we want to bring her as our backup muscle so make sure to bring her hammer (Yang?) but to also make sure she doesn't start stuff till we are in trouble or we tell her to.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 12, 2020

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Ask if there might be a physical cultivation that would also work well for a life dantian, as Elder Qianni has offered to help us open one. But please keep that a secret, we arn't sure if the Elder wants everyone to know yet.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
A
Changing vote, put in a later post.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 15, 2020

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Changing my vote earlier from A to G

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
We shall call it the "The Light of Shifting Battlefield Dreams" Style

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

What crimes? Survival?

Child abuse?

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Next time we have a moment free with Liuxue, could we ask Liuxue to imbue something (a piece of fruit for example) with Madra for Wotjeo to try to snack on?

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm gonna vote for E. An extra AP is a huge bonus to all our learning. If we spend 3 actions a week learning something that Fast's 5% bonus applies to directly, we would need level 6 fast to match the 30%ish bonus from having a 4th action of it. If we are only doing 2, and going to 3 with an extra action that's as big as having level 10 fast.

The flip side is of course that Fast applies to making our dantians larger too, but we already make our dantians very large very fast. I think we need to spend more time on skills and techniques rather than just rushing high dantian tiers.

this

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
D because I can see Pumie temper just passing it's breaking point at this and then giving him a good whallop in the face, which then, obviously, leads to a fight.

Because, ya know, she's 12 and for all the stuff that happened to her causing her mature early, she's still going to do something stupidly emotional every once in a while.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
J O Y

Specifically threaten/coerce via pride by saying we won't tell people how he got beat up by a ancestor touched when he's from The Great Zhong unless he reports it back first. Then eeeeveryone will know

Mainly because I don't think Pumie would directly kill him, but be very harsh and probably indirectly kill him because of lack of gear? Then obviously he wasn't strong enough to be out here in the first place. Also have the rabbit warn other local spirits that cultivators will likely be coming to this area a lot more. Don't trust any that arn't Pumie or a lady with a big ol' turtle.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

S- Healing lessons with Zhe Zhuru
E- Hand of Glory Tutoring, Hand of Glory Tutoring x1
E-Hand of Glory Tutoring, Hand of Glory Tutoring x2

I'm gonna just go for this. Hands is great and all, but I want a chance to get our time with Zhuru as well. So I'll make Zhuru my first vote and the others for in case I somehow win twice.

As for what to do with Dantians, Ask Bailei about them, she's a Smith and uses metal madra.

This please

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

malbogio posted:

Lu An if she’s interested and Administrator Un agrees. Otherwise C.
F
J

I think Pumie wouldn’t mind an older servant who knew they were more knowledgable than Pumie about many things and wasn’t afraid to speak their mind in private over one that offered only deference and compliance.

I’m looking forward to Un getting more screen time.

Adding this as my vote

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Special BEF and maybe D - organize a sleepover with all our friends!

N - Attach to culture lessons. She can help us with this kind of thing too!

Sleepover sleepover sleepover sleepover sleepover sleepover... Sleepover!

(done to the Makeover jingle from Clone High)

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Voting C because it really seems like the best option, in the long run, as it will cover more techniques.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Sulk a bit, muttering (specifically around Guanjia) about you don't why all these elders (but not Elders) keep looking up to you like that. It's not like you are anything special! We are all people here! (muttering may get louder and turn into yelling as these thoughts leak out)

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

G + Use what we learned from Jironou about our diagnosis technique. Ping his whole body first. Have Wotjeo hold on to the image of the dream body while we build the box and the dream flesh within it using Wotjeo's guidance.

The box is loving us up, because it's isolating our madra from the information it needs to draw on. Getting rid of the box might help, but not if our madra conflicts with our patient. The bond method might link the flesh too closely to the person's expectations, what if it starts growing or spurting blood because they're panicked? If we supply our own dream it depends on our own anatomical knowledge, which may be imperfect. I think we can grab a dream MRI, have Wotjeo hold it, then use that inside the box.

This seems like a plan

Also, maybe our box needs a tunnel or door to let in dream or something? Some sort of one way door where we then... Trap? The healthy image in the box.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 25, 2020

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Q E (Spirit's Strength) E (Metal Manipulation).
No idea what to vote for the sword, because I agree with KittyEmpress's opinion on not giving it back... but that's also a fair number of VEA's and probably sets us for this and next month if we convert them up a level.

edit:
Minor write in option, that if selling the sword is picked, Pumie is conflicted about giving sword back due to knowing he's probably not going to listen and kill more spirits.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 4, 2020

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

I don't really want it to be training. I just want it to be rolling around while doing stupid dramatic jumps off X and Y, like kids do with their siblings. Except one is a 2 ton bear.

I really want this is as a scene now

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Dr Subterfuge posted:

1. B
2. J - He wasn’t a good teacher. He didn’t adapt to us. We had to translate for him. He was an also insecure jerk who called someone barely younger than him “kid” and strapped a bunch of bandoleers on him like an anime character.
3. Q

This please

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
D B
Just because I think both of these are nifty

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
as a note for all us 2 voters, in case this is a single decision vote, make sure your votes are in order of priority

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

P - Find that girl Liuxue won the staff from, Jo An. She's a healer, so we should finally reunite her with her booster. For VEAs of course. But no need to rip her off, she's a fellow healer! Ya know. If Zhuru plans to take us to the Healing Hall again for our lessons, maybe we can run into her there tied to our training?
E - Spend time with Zhuque, she offered to show us where she trades her VEAs for better rates like 3 weeks ago.
O - Lu An time, she's our servant, but we wanna make her out friend!!!
K - I like her, and I like training aids.

I like this out of what is posted so far and am too lazy to think of my own

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
A

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

A would getting a few VEA make a family feel happier? If we got his robes I'd vote to send them to his family, but we didn't.

I it seems like we know our arc boss. It's not Nuli slimeball at all, it's this dude. If he could fight something on this tier on his own then he is a scary opponent.

Time to go train to kick his rear end eventually.

Yeah this

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
E I can't think of any decent reasoning for this that hasn't been said already.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 9, 2020

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Is her other dantian something like Eternal Floating Bubbles (air/water) cause she seems like she is full of them (bubbles I mean)

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
A because I don't want the bubbly hyper lady to be dead yet.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 11, 2020

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
I think Qianni dying right now would be like us going into the caves and leaving the valley. Where we left as things were just starting to stabilize and then starved for 2 years.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Understand there is a type mismatch with Zhe, but does he have any advice so we can at least reduce any risks of experimenting with the life dantian? Also is there any sort of dantian we could say we have in the mean time so that it doesn't look so weird when we try to gather from not metal?

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 12, 2020

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
A because we can use the time to get a better base to work off of to defend ourselves for when we go at the life dantian in earnest and instantly let it slip.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
W

For training:
E for a defensive technique that's more generally useful (such as the skin hardening mentioned earlier).

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Plan literate and frugal

6 - Once-born low-madra healing scroll
6 - Body tempering techniques scroll
12 – Xingqi scroll
10 - Honey for a month as a once a week treat
Costs 34 quartz

We shouldn’t be any more rude to our fellow healer or to Lu Ann (by dismissing her advice and her clear concerns for her own safety). So, keep the gun for another week and I’ll be voting for her, again, for a social action. I also want to keep the CP deposited, that’s our reserve for tutoring and our emergency savings in case we overspend somewhere else.

That leaves 7 diamonds and 3 quartz. For ease of conversion let’s just use one currency:

38 quartz

Sorry Wotjeo, but the imbued items are all a bit expensive for the moment. Let’s pick up the cheaper scrolls. I bet scrolls only last until we reach a certain skill level and higher quality scrolls also last longer, but they’re cheap xp for now. The low-born and exercise scrolls are a steal and we're not the sort to think there's nothing to learn from a master mortal doctor. The history of cultivation scroll isn’t as cheap, but it also gives us some history lessons on the side and may help us fill in our cultivation gaps right before we start from 0 on the Life dantian.

Let’s try the honey at once a week and see if there are positive effects. If we like it, we can try to make a deal directly with the bees. It's also a nice thing for Wotjeo, who still doesn't get a cool hat.

I will get on the bandwagon