Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Interest post, app further down below

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

source: [1], [2]

Hero Name: Avery the Grey

-Backstory-

Who or what brought you to the present? posted:

It was just after the war ended - we'd won, the Japs had surrendered and Pa was coming home! I was so excited to see him again, and Ma had booked us on a victory cruise - on the SS Anemone, no less! We were just leaving port when one of the other boats started glowing, and glowing, and then this great blue expanding field started coming from it and growing towards us. It enveloped half the ship, and was so bright I had to close my eyes and bam, next thing I know there's this ringing in my ears and I've got one foot over thin air since half the ship just up and vanished and before I know it all I can see is the water approaching fast and I'm falling.

When did you first meet your future self? posted:

Wouldya believe it when I said they were the one who found me and took me in when I washed ashore? 'cuz... yeah, there I was lyin' on the beach all half-dead and soaked to the bone and here comes this fella, white hair and purple eyes just like mine who helps me up. As it turns out they come here often, mostly 'cuz it's the same place their parents disappeared over two decades ago, on that same boat... the SS Anemone.

Yeah, reckon it was 'bout then that we realized we were each other. They asked me a buncha questions back at their hideout after letting me get dried up and changed, which... it was real nice of them. I'm not sure if it was just because they were me and I were they or because I was on that boat, but... I stayed for a while.

How is your future self the embodiment of a future you never wanted? posted:

They're... scary. I 'unno, it's kinda hard to explain. It's like... like they've got all this hate and misery in their heart, yanno? And they've chosen to take it out on, on everyone, on the country and on society. I know that's who they blame for what happened, but Uncle Sam wouldn't do something like that... right? And besides, they can't just be gone! I know Pa and Ma have been gone for a while, for them - I miss them too, really - but I'm sure they're out there somewhere! They gotta be! And even then! That's nio e

What is your favorite part of life in the future? Your least favorite part? posted:

I grew up during the war, so, yeah. Everything's changed a lot! It's so much brighter and colorful and, more, here, yanno? Like, I can go out, take a car, and eat out at a diner! Back then they were all closed 'cuz of the rationing and U-boats and all.

And yet... it's as if the war ended, but it never... ended. Does that make sense? It's like we've just replaced the Japs and Krauts with the Reds, yanno? Everyone's still living in fear like none of the hate or the wartime spirit's gone away.

Why are you determined to stay in the present with this team? posted:

I mean, other than the fact that I don't really got a way back? I've gotta find Pa and Ma, for one, they're still out there somewhere - they were on the half of the boat that just turned up, and even if I was the only one on the actual boat if the Anemone's here they gotta be here somewhere! Plus, it's so... different here, so much brighter. Ma always told me the future'd be better tomorrow, and, yeah, I can see myself gettin' used to this place.

-Look-

ambiguous, woman
white
hopeful, bright & chipper face
haphazard clothing
reflective, gaudy costume

-Time Period-

2nd gen 1940s, early supers, fought ww2/mad science

-Labels-

Danger +0
Freak +1
Savior +1
Superior -1
Mundane +2

-Abilities-

Elemental Control (Trash)

-Relationships-

__________________ is helping me understand this weirdo future. I follow their lead.
I saved someone important to __________________; they’re now my biggest defender.

-Influence-

These people are your guides, your friends, and the ones helping you find a better way. But you are careful about whose guidance you follow. Give Influence over you to two teammates.

-Innocent Moves-

What’s this thing?: When you ask for someone else’s guidance on the modern world, they must tell you what they think you should do or how you should act. If you act that way, clear a condition and shift Mundane up and any other Label down. If you act that way and it goes poorly, mark potential.

Martyr: When you take a powerful blow while defending someone or something, you may shift Savior up and any other Label down.

-Your Future Self-

Your future self is out there, an important figure in Halcyon City and the world beyond - and everything you’d hoped you’d never be. But finding out how they became who they are may be all it takes to push you along a similar path. Pick one step of your future self ’s path that you already know about, and circle it.

() They lost someone they cared about deeply

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 24, 2019

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

Your future self has given you some stolen classified documents on the disappearance of the Anemone. Why haven't you read them, and who else knows you have them?

What, apart from the top secret classified labels on the folder? Loose links sink ships, yanno! ...okay yeah I admit, I maaaay have skimmed the first few pages - just a teeny tiny bit I swear! It doesn't even have anything to do with the whole Anemone incident, probably - sure it might be dated back to when it happened but everything I see refers to some 'Chronosphere Inductor Experiment' and it was chock fulla words I don't understand, like, none of it made sense. It was like, I dunno what I'm gettin' myself into if I read this so I just, sorta, shut it and resolved not to look at it again.

Well, okay, I was still curious - I mean, if there's any chance, no matter how slight that it really does have something to do with the Anemone it might be a clue to where Ma and Pa are, yanno! - so I took a couple pages to someone I thought might help, Dr. Neidhardt. He's one of the experimental physics professors here - I read about him defecting from Germany back a couple years - sorry, it's probably been a couple decades by now, eheh... Anyway, I brought him the papers hoping he'd help me make any sense of 'em, but he took one look and kinda opened his eyes like he knew what they were and asked me where I got 'em and all. I just told him that I was on the boat when it happened and please if you have anything I've gotta know. He promised me he'd do as best as he could to look into it, and to keep those papers tight, so that's what I've been doin' since, but he still hasn't followed up with me since...

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 24, 2019

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

Everyone: The incident in Korea a decade ago that cost the world many of it's superheroes is still pretty drat mysterious. Survivor accounts are contradictory, the scientific community has been denied access to the site by government agencies, and attempts to use powers to find out have...mixed results. It's widely believed that a rogue military faction detonated an atom bomb for some reason, but that might not be the truth. Tell me about a rumor you've heard, and why you give it some credence.

All my information 'bout it's second, third, whatever-hand, since, well, I wasn't there or even then for it, yanno? But my future self was - well, at least they say they were. Told me a bit 'bout what they saw too. Apparently it wasn't just an explosion but "a great ring of not only fire but of lightning, orange and blue and as bright as the sun," ... at least that's what they said. More peculiar than that though is the sound they described. It was like a scream, or a million screams calling out all at once in a voice of multitide, and after that the ringing in their ears - just like the Anemone incident. They were about to say something else when they just clammed up, looking almost... worried, but by that point I got the gist of what they were tryin' to say. Something happened in Korea, something big, and something they don't want getting out.

thatbastardken posted:

What other family do you have, and how have they reacted to your reappearance?

Family, huh... sorry, 's just kind of a tough question... Y'see, I've pretty much been disowned by the rest of my family ever since, well, the other me became Decay. When I got here I tried to catch up with 'em of course, but between all the time that's passed and everything Decay's done, even Grandm-sorry, Jen told me she didn't know me. I think... I think the shock was just kinda too much for 'em to bear, yanno? I'm just glad they aren't like that. Y'see, when I left my future self's place I needed somewhere to go, 'least for the moment, and there was only one person I could go to - Julius, or Uncle Jules, 's I like to call him. He was the only one who kept in contact with me when turned up, and it was with him I stayed after leaving my other self and 'til I came to Phoenix. He really did seem to understand what I was going through - he always did, even before what happened. I really can't thank him enough for that. And as for the rest... I'll make it up to them one day, I swear!