Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

quote:

A FAN of American rapper Eazy-E has been successful in a campaign to get his town to immortalise his hip-hop hero.

Last week, Newhaven resident Guy Stevens demanded his town council erect a statue to the star of Gangsta rap group NWA.

Newhaven Town Council had previously admitted it had “no idea” who Eazy-E is.

But has now said it will allow the super fan to build a bench in his honour.

A jubilant Mr Stevens said: “It’s a great day not just for myself but for the future of Newhaven. I might push for someone to fly over from America for the ceremony.”

The rapper from Compton, California, achieved success in the early Nineties with songs such as F*** Tha Police, Express Yourself and Real Mutha******** Gs.

His life was also portrayed in 2015 film Straight Outta Compton. He died of Aids in 1995.

Newhaven Town Council told The Argus it is now aware of Eazy-E after council officials conducted a Google search.

It concluded it was “not a fan” of his music. But an offended Mr Stevens said: “They clearly haven’t listened to his song “Sippin on a 40”. But I am grateful they’ve allowed the tribute anyway.”

Mr Stevens created an online poll which found 36 people would be in favour of an Eazy-E monument.

The super fan was told by the council he would not be allowed a statue. But it added it would make provisions for an engraved bench if Mr Stevens and the 36 “fellow fans” paid for it.

Mr Stevens, who is raising £2,000 for the bench, said: “I’ve set up a gofundme page.

“Any funds left over will be given to local Aids charities in the area so this is all for a good cause. Eazy-E is global. This is bigger than Newhaven. He and 2pac are probably the greatest rappers of all time, along with Kurupt who’s still alive. There are far more than 36 fans.”

Other Newhaven residents previously branded the campaign a waste of time. Mr Stevens said: “It’s better than nothing which is pretty much all Newhaven has.

“If people are upset about a bench then they don’t have much going on in their lives.

“It’s a bit of fun that has brought interest to the town. If they want to do something similar then they should.”

Mr Stevens created the campaign, in part, as he believes the council “wasted money” on a bandstand in Denton Island, Newhaven.

The council, which denies the project was a waste of money, has recommended Mr Stevens invite a “local Eazy-E tribute artist” to come and perform on it.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17445197.eazy-e-to-be-memorialised-in-newhaven-after-mans-bizarre-campaign/

It’s been 24 years since Eazy passed and only now is he finally getting a chance at the remembrance he deserves, in some tiny British coastal town no ones ever heard of. It’s just a shame they didn’t get permission to build the statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
suge knight gave easy-e aids

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
ez e bugchaser?

neptuneL38
Jul 23, 2002

get some chuckas fucka
"This is the man who started the moral corruption of youths across the globe!"

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
maybe they could engrave some NWA lyrics on the bench. I'm sure it would give those British blokes quite the shock!

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The best thing ez e did was die

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

fakeaccount posted:

The best thing ez e did was die

he sampled green acres though

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Well I'm Eazy-E, I got benches galore
You may have a lot of benches but I got much more

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I know people joke about every news story these days being from the Onion but to me this sincerely seems written exactly like an Onion article.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Wifi Toilet posted:

lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Holy poo poo. that straight outta Compton movie came out 4 years ago?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Wifi Toilet posted:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Was never really into Eazy's stuff, but I do think this story is kinda funny in a non-offensive and folksy way and I hope this guy gets the bench built, and it sits tastefully in a quiet English park garden with some flowers by it, the most fitting tribute to a gangsta rapper possible.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

No one's coming all the way from America to sit on your AIDS bench.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
what’s the correct hierarchy of monuments? is an obelisk or statue at the top?

memorial brick/paving stone < bench < memorial garden < street name < holiday for your birthday < home converted to museum < face on money < statue < stone obelisk

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wifi Toilet posted:

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/kailaniskye/status/860496686673797120?s=19

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Gonna fly over to sit on the easy e memorial bench

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Captain Beans posted:

memorial brick/paving stone < bench < memorial garden < street name < holiday for your birthday < home converted to museum < face on money < statue < stone obelisk

I would say face on money or holiday for your birthday should be higher. Any oval office can have a statue of themselves commissioned.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Face on money and holiday are definitely the top tier outside of something like Mt. Rushmore.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Wifi Toilet posted:

This is pure genius btw

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

dads friend steve posted:

Gonna fly over to sit on the easy e memorial bench

Personally I'm going to go there and have unprotected sex with a hooker on that bench in E's memory.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
holiday for your birthday is some broke rear end poo poo when you have to legally define your birthday as someone elses birthday. looking at u liz

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in his honor someone should sit on that bench and give a squirrel a nut

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wifi Toilet posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo it's pretty whack that the dude clearly said what he wanted on his epitah at least 2x that I am aware of but they ignored that entirely and it's just like "Eric Wright" with a music note and a generic "We loved him a lot but God loved him more"

quote:

So when I die, niggas bury me
Make sure my poo poo reads Eazy-muthaphukkin'-E
And it's a fact, to be exact, my tombstone should read
'He put Compton on that map'
And that's how a nigga feel
When I'm givin' up the motherfuckin' real

???

hosed up!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Wifi Toilet posted:

And all you benches, you know I'm talkin' to you
"We want to gently caress you, Eazy," I want to gently caress you too!

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost
Bob Stinson got a memorial bench - I think Eazy should have one, too. I just might pour some out of a 40 for both of them today.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
he was alright but he was the weak link of NWA

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Wifi Toilet posted:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
e was real not like that poser rear end dre though

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Wifi Toilet posted:

quoting this again because it has been making me smile all day. nominated for post of the month.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Armitage posted:

nah, he was the frontman for a reason. who cares if he wrote his own lyrics

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

This is kind of adorable tbh. Maybe he could get Station for the dedication ceremony?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
YOU A BUSTA CJ

STRAIGHT BUSTA

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This remix is a banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs1xHPU7WwA

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Captain Beans posted:

memorial brick/paving stone < bench < memorial garden < street name < holiday for your birthday < home converted to museum < face on money < statue < stone obelisk < radioactive crater

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Wifi Toilet posted:

Can we contact the bench guy and get him to put this there?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Armitage posted:

Nah. That was Ren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Fenrir posted: