Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you really want to bring that up, user JebanyPedal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I'm still mad about iTunes. Do iPhone users still have to deal with that?

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

I'm actually looking around for a new android phone for about 200 bucks, any tips?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Creamed Cormp posted:

you really want to bring that up, user JebanyPedal?

Bring what up?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm just saying someone with your username should lay low everytime the topic of homophobia comes up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JebanyPedal posted:

What if he meant actual gay apps like Grindr or Scruff and this probe was entirely unjustified.
I actually read the post four or five times because I had this exact thought, but I do not think he was.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I have a Windows phone op

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

serious norman posted:

I have a Windows phone op
I thought they stopped making these

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Creamed Cormp posted:

I'm just saying someone with your username should lay low everytime the topic of homophobia comes up

I had no choice in the username unfortunately.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JebanyPedal posted:

I had no choice in the username unfortunately.
Why

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Someone else bought me the account, as you can probably guess they were of the Eastern European persuasion and had a particular sense of humor.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JebanyPedal posted:

Someone else bought me the account, as you can probably guess they were of the Eastern European persuasion and had a particular sense of humor.
Oh that makes sense.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I am reborn thanks to this really bad troll thread.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
that's a better redemption arc than any movie of the last 20 years

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

HerraS posted:

Eath poo poo fuckface I still use a Nokia brick that I can also use to bash your loving skull in :human being:

I actually miss my nokia dumbphone i had a few years ago that lasted for like 3 weeks on a charge

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I've had multiple Huawei phones for years, free phone calls to China are sweet.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
99% - because I am a poor.
1% - even if I had an iPhone I'd feel obliged to say (for instance) "I need to charge my iPhone" instead of just "I need to charge my phone" and I wouldn't be comfortable with adopting that mindset.

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .
I haven't been using other Apple products, so my brain can't process whatever moon logic they use for general functionality.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Poor or not there is no justifiable reason to spend 1000+ dollars on a lovely electronic toy that you'll smash within a year probably. Especially if you have to sell your soul in a 3 year contract with a lovely provider for meager savings.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
i use a rotary phone

jk lol i never answer it

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Having a cheap phone owns because you will eventually drop and break it. I'd rather my reaction to that be "oh drat" instead of "oh drat i guess i can't afford food for the next 3 months"

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I love brands. I define myself by my allegiance to a phone OS, op. I am Google's bitch and love it that way.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I have an iphone because my family all uses them and my android would have trouble sending messages sometimes to them, but it was an older android

Pretty much everything is worse on the iphone but on this xr or whatever model can last all day without needing to be charged

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I worked a short time for doing tec-support for Apple iOS devices, and put me off Apple entirely. Besides the fact Apple devices suck, they are weird and cult like with Apple devices, laughably said the turn over to get a new phone is supposed to be 8 months and treated workers like poo poo. Also had a rule that you can never hang up on someone, up to and including literal verbal abuse.

Android all the way

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Unlimited Data

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Because Apple products suck poo poo and are for basic bitches, op.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
iTunes is the worst loving thing on the planet, op

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Because I am a secret Chinese agent and my Huawei is my surveillance device of choice for spying on round eyed imperialists.

Edit: The real reason is that iPhones are overpriced garbo, whereas my Galaxy is was appropriately priced garbo.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 21, 2019

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I was a child soldier in the OS wars; saw men die for your right to say "Crapple, lol"

Real talk:
Iphones didn't support flash which kinda hobbled the "full fledged" internet at the time so I chose Android and never rethought the decision.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I use Apple at work and it just randomly, fabulously decides not to work all the time. Like, in very unique ways. I'd almost be impressed if I wasn't losing hours of work.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The Android phones that are comparable in quality to iPhones are also comparable in price. Well, aside from the X/XS. It's fine if you have a cheaper phone and don't care but don't act like your $200 Moto whatever is as good as a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Google Pixel 3.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Your 200$ moto is just as good if not better than overpriced garbage. What the gently caress are you going to do with your phone, mine butt coin? You'll just call and message and poo poo post all day, anything beyond that is worthless.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
- emulators
- can control Spotify with voice assistant

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like to have a lot of storage on my phone, and I'd rather pay $50 for a 128gb microsd card than pay $5000 for a iPhone with sufficient storage.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Because I like being able to put icons on my home screen where I want OP

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I don't have a Macintosh phone. I have a Google phone though.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I choose the phone with the OS made by an advertising company and used by my phone vendor because it was free. That is definitely a recipe for quality.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Because I'm a huge nerd who likes rooting phones and taking advantage of carrier freebies they give you when you port a number.

The upside to having all that different hardware from various manufacturers running android OS means I can look specific chipsets that run the "fun" apps.

An example would be the IR blaster, which many companies stopped putting in phones, let's your phone be a universal TV remote. Lots of fun in bars.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Because I like being able to put icons on my home screen where I want OP

Can you seriously still not do this on iOS? Lmao that is like the most basic of customization and they think their customers are too retarded to even do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Heh, enjoy your viruses. Apple products don't get viruses. You ignorant fools. I'm a creator and an influencer. Whilst I'm creating content and donating iPhones to children in the inner city, you're playing videogames and shoving GMO cheeseburgers full of gluten into your obese white faces. Try meditating and seeking enlightenment for once in your life.

Edit: educate yourselves.

Sikreci fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 21, 2019