Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

also

microSD card slot
analog audio jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

I completely abandoned the idea of Apple for anything after Steve Jobs posted a long "rant" about how "WE will not let FLASH run on OUR devices."

Who gives a poo poo about Flash, but the "WE decide what runs on OUR devices" should be so absolutely offensive to ANYONE who cares ANYTHING about technology and moving forward.

So to me, letting Apple have ANY or your money says you have no problem with being told what you are allowed to do with computer hardware that you paid for with your own money. No you don't own the rights to the hardware but you own the hardware itself, and you, and ONLY you, should be allowed to say what gets to run or not.

(And yes I'm aware that there are multiple browser apps on the Apple store that support Flash like Puffin or Photon, but again it's not about Flash, it's about the "We will not let XX run on OUR devices" line.)

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Actually, I'm really glad that Apple took a stand against Flash because it led to Flash being near dead, which is great because Flash is smelly garbage from a rancid rotting rear end in a top hat and it might have persisted longer if Apple allowed it on iOS devices. Also Flash is such a horrid battery drain on mobile devices and should not be on phones. Flash kills laptop battery life too and it's so much worse on phones and tablets!

It's not about Flash. I said that twice.

"I'm glad a hardware company took actions to restrict users because it helped get rid of software I don't like."

Really?

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

get a doro clamshell flip phone :hehe:

if you really need a tricorder get an lg :cool: