Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I like my pixel 3 a whole lot because the camera is aces+ but gently caress me is going without a headphone jack the dumbest thing in the god-damned world. At least decent Bluetooth headphones are down to like 20 bucks, still though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

bradzilla posted:

The Pixel 3 comes with a headphone adapter though

It does but then that's a separate thing to remember to grab since you don't have it connected all the time, if you use an aux input then you can't charge and listen to music at the same time, and I already had my ~ways~ set and going to Bluetooth doesn't benefit me. It's minor but easy to bitch about because the best people can say is "well I didn't use the jack".

It's more apparent since my wife and I have a dealership dealing in 90s and earlier cars and it's piss-easy to add an aux input to the factory headunit, a bit more expensive to add Bluetooth. When we drive them around the aux is what we use.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Savage For The Winjun posted:

Which one lets me text my friends and family? Also which one can i hit the f-u button faster on when another spoofed local number calls me

Pixel 3s have a call screen feature built in and it's legit the best new things cell phones can do. See a number I don't recognize, screen. Robot asks the person why they are calling. Bots hang up immediately, real people go "lol what the hell". Owns.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Yeah and then when he was dying because eating fruit didn't cure cancer he bought a house in all 50 states so he could cut in line in front of children who needed livers

And then he died.

lmao

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

95% of iPhone users aren't thinking about any of this poo poo one way or another, it's the Android spergelords that get rage boners over this. Y'all wonder why your green text boxes carry a stigma.

I think you'll find, in the real actual world, nobody notices or cares what the hell a 'green text box stigma' is

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

MarcusSA posted:

Lol

Let me direct you to the r/tinder thread where there are a poo poo load of profiles that say “if you text green don’t bother”

I’ve seen quite a few in the wild my self and it’s hilarious on so many levels.

Those aren't actually people, those are weird self-sterotyping advertisements pretending to be people.

sebmojo posted:

Hangouts is a decent chat app, I use it a lot

Hell, same. It's really good because wife and I have 3 phones between us, our personal ones and the business phone. When someone texts our business phone it does it through Hangouts, which means we get the message on every phone. This allows my wife and I to talk to the same client in real time on each of our phones, continue conversations and everything as needed. We can go to our computers and continue there, whatever it's wide open.

Pixel 3 takes phenomenal pictures too, also important for my wife and I and our business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol. You're hilarious. How is this in any way a valid comparison? May as well say "Sounds like you're getting ripped off by that Lincoln MKZ. I bought a used Ford Focus for $4k and it's perfect!"

why did you use Lincoln for your analogy lmao