Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Because I am a secret Chinese agent and my Huawei is my surveillance device of choice for spying on round eyed imperialists.

Edit: The real reason is that iPhones are overpriced garbo, whereas my Galaxy is was appropriately priced garbo.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

OMFG FURRY posted:

can we get a coke vs pepsi thread next?

or maybe a fiji vs dasani one

pee pee versus doo doo

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

underthecube posted:

get a refurbed/gently used galaxy from a couple generations ago, my s7 still runs beautifully and does the exact same things the newest one does

Only if they bothered to replace the battery, otherwise you're (probably) getting a dogged one that will just get more and more poo poo until the phone can eventually barely hold a charge at all, such as what happened to my refurb S7.

Assuming you even can do that anymore, I guess it's possible but a pain in the rear end because people would rather have a phone 3mm thinner than a battery they can just replace in 3 seconds.

Edit: gently caress phone batteries in general, I want my 7000mAh brick back.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 21, 2019

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

underthecube posted:

lol @ the fact that we as a society just accepted our $1000 luxury devices are almost impossible to do basic repairs on

I mean yea it's possible but it's dumb imo that you have to unglue and desolder poo poo for what shouldn't be any more complicated than swapping fresh AAs into a TV remote

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
One camera for each major social media network. Can't be mixing up your sepia toned Facebook selfies with your blurry Tinder ones.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Counterpoint: Cell phone contracts are a scam. In most cases you spend less money by buying the phone outright and going with a no-contract plan. Today even the big carriers offer a no-contract options that are good and they are always have a cheaper monthly rate than contract plans.

I use Straight Talk, it's like $50 a month for unlimited everything (10gb soft cap on data), prepaid so I just buy it and forget about it for 30 days. It uses AT&Ts network. Their customer service is atrocious but I've only had to call once in 10 years so w/e.

Meanwhile my wife is paying out the rear end for her "free" S9 edge or whatever the gently caress expensive whizbang galaxy brain phone that she just posts to facebook with mainly

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 25, 2019

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I got a OnePlus 6T because I like phones that aren't outrageously overpriced yet still good. It'll be better than my S6, at any rate. Also 8GB of ram is good because

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 3, 2019

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

I still have a galaxy s5 that works great because I haven't been tricked into believing that I need to replace my phone every year

Every year, no. Every 5 years, yea maybe consider it....

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Got my OnePlus 6t today.

Pros: Is good.
Cons: Is not perfect in every conceivable way.
Edit: No anime torrent

Overall I recommend it if you're into sub $600 phones like me.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 7, 2019

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

underthecube posted:

someone explain to me why note taking and budgeting apps have subscription fees. the new youneedabudget costs almost 100 bucks a year lmao

youneedabudget for youneedabudget

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Okay now let's see what happens when I break thing.

*thing breaks*

Yup, it broke ladies an gentlemen. This concludes my highly rigorous test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Cool Dude 69 posted:

Sup One Plus buddy. I just got one a couple weeks ago. That under the glass fingerprint reader is nice tho :)

I was a little skeptical about it as some people were saying it wasn't very fast but it unlocks in like .2 seconds for me so I guess some people are just little too impatient. The only thing I really miss on this phone is a notification LED but oh well, that's the trade off for no bezel and a tiny notch.