Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
where's the BEEF??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cool Dude 69 posted:

I really hate when people share videos of hosed up animals.
Like even if there is a happy ending. I think its just to show people gross stuff without committing to full on snuff.

Basically any dog page on Facebook -

"This dog missing both his hind legs suffered years of torment and abuse from his previous owner, all his fur rotted off and he had to have his eyes removed and lived blind and terrified and would shake uncontrollably in the corner of his cage while making GBS threads and pissing himself, but now he is happy and healthy with his new family!"

They like literally hunt for the most horrible possible hosed up stories and post this weird rear end "feel good" videos of some destroyed animal learning to love again and it's always written so despondent and aggressive to make it seem like the worst possible poo poo in the world. I can only imagine the person typing it out going "Whoa NELLY this isn't nearly hosed up enough! I gotta make sure people know this dog suffered HORRIBLE AGONY." and the video is the most vile collection of borderline gore images of this dog just obliterated by life and abusive assholes and it goes on for like five minutes "DOG GOT BURNED ALIVE SLOWLY USING PROPANE TORCH OVER 90% OF ITS BODY AND WRITHED IN EXTREME PAIN but is okay now." and that "but is okay now." is like a minute of the dog hopping around with its new family or looking content at the shelter where it will prob stay for a long time if not forever because people rarely buy mutilated animals bar the rare loving and charitable person or idiots who lust for those innernet points and will display this crippled creature drooling all over itself in ecstacy as they wail "GOOOOD BWOOOOIH isn't that a good CRIPPLED boy!!" into the camera.

Which I can't hate them too much for because the dog looks happy and unlike a human child his life being an internet circus is fine because he can't comprehend that poo poo and only wants food and rubs and convenient locations to smell and then eject oblong fecal logs onto.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Good lord

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
everyone on this page needs to log off, have a good ole fashioned wankaroonie, then think about their lfies. that they ve beuilt for themselves.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
'cool and good' is unaccountably charming op. otherwise some v. trenchant observations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

everyone on this page needs to log off, have a good ole fashioned wankaroonie, then think about their lfies. that they ve beuilt for themselves.

your incessant drunk posting depresses me

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

wanking without online impossible, cannot comply

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
sometimes i jerk off with imagination alone, it's a good exercise, closest i ever come (heh) to meditation

Esoter1c
Jul 18, 2007
Do you know me?
Post stupid, chronically online poo poo you are doing that annoys me... and GO!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Hemingway To Go! posted:

wanking without online impossible, cannot comply

Wank in front of a mirror in a darkened room while staring at your reflection and chanting a name. Any will do.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Wank in front of a mirror in a darkened room while staring at your reflection and chanting a name. Any will do.

Be careful; last time I did this I ended up summoning the Candyman

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i agree with the list the op made

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hell Yeah posted:

i agree with the list the op made

Yes yes.

almost there
Sep 13, 2016

a lot of definitely not personally insulted goons ITT

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's ok you don't have to hide behind a childish shield of sacrasm. Be out and proud!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

You can't even say something is retarded anymore, if it's retarded. It's loving gay, if you ask me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 4, 2020

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

THE CALL AND RESPONSE CONCEPT

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

puberty worked me over posted:

The call and response concept of repeating phrases or references in general is extremely lazy and boring. One may as well just post the phrase "Hello I am part of the tribe here is the song of the tribe please accept me into the tribe."

We live in a society, Mr. Too cool for society edge guy.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 4, 2020

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

The potential of a society to work together creatively is much higher when that society values originality instead of commonality.

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The potential of a society to work together creatively is much higher when that society values originality instead of commonality.
maybe you should value oil selection for your vehicle higher

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Colonel Cancer posted:

We live in a society, Mr. Too cool for society edge guy.
no no, this is all "chronically online", a turn of phrase that I invented just now and did not pick up from seeing other people use it online

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

no i liike it better when chapo house crap guys that make 100 grand a month use memey colloquialisms to sweeten their grift of relateability to their upper middle class commie fans.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

EA Sports posted:

no i liike it better when chapo house crap guys that make 100 grand a month use memey colloquialisms to sweeten their grift of relateability to their upper middle class commie fans.

extremely bad chapost

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
The entire internet is a buzzfeed article, op. Embrace it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ANGER IS AN ENERGY!!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

honestly "big mood" is still weird to me. like, what mood. we have all these words for emotions. be specific you coward.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

honestly "big mood" is still weird to me. like, what mood. we have all these words for emotions. be specific you coward.

It's an emotional "je ne sais quois" or saying that you feel "some type of way" it is a general expression of feeling some very specific, very evocative emotion yet that is abstract and multifaceted and inexpressible except through relation to an image, sound, or video.

IE seeing this picture and saying "mood."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

“MODE”

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Call and response rules.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Complaining on an internet forum is the OG chronically online poo poo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's an emotional "je ne sais quois" or saying that you feel "some type of way" it is a general expression of feeling some very specific, very evocative emotion yet that is abstract and multifaceted and inexpressible except through relation to an image, sound, or video.

IE seeing this picture and saying "mood."

:yeah:

I actually really dig that as soon as everybody got the internet the expressiveness cycle took a wild veer away from verbal exaggeration and into abstraction that borders on the surreal but is still somehow pretty effective at communicating delicate shades of the intangibles

sometimes you just feel

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the internet ruined language. we'd been writing for thousands of years, and had managed to make do without emojis all that time, and suddenly because a bunch of illiterate morons incapable of expressing themselves clearly have now bought themselves an internet connection, we all have to suffer through their endless 😂😂😂😂😂😂 poo poo

at least SA's emoticons serve a much more valuable purpose :smugdog:

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
🚔🥂🍆

oh look, a police car is drinking champagne with an eggplant

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

sandwiches_and_ham posted:

🚔🥂🍆

oh look, a police car is drinking champagne with an eggplant

the emoji is much clearer and shorter an expression of that thought. i think you're missing the utility of image in speech.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the emoji is much clearer and shorter an expression of that thought. i think you're missing the utility of image in speech.

not necessarily; there's actually a whole lot of ambiguity that comes with it.

here's a possible reinterpretation:

🚔🥂🍆

oh look, the police have parked their patrol car next to a giant pair of chicken drumsticks and an 8-foot-tall jellybean wearing a green sombrero

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

1redflag posted:

Be careful; last time I did this I ended up summoning the Candyman

I actually summoned a beautiful woman. It owned, but sadly she murdered me immediately.

Win some, lose some.

All the same to me.

- The Call and Response Concept - Motörhead

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

not necessarily; there's actually a whole lot of ambiguity that comes with it.

here's a possible reinterpretation:

🚔🥂🍆

oh look, the police have parked their patrol car next to a giant pair of chicken drumsticks and an 8-foot-tall jellybean wearing a green sombrero

No the police having champagne with the eggplant is really nice and cute I like it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the internet ruined language. we'd been writing for thousands of years, and had managed to make do without emojis all that time, and suddenly because a bunch of illiterate morons incapable of expressing themselves clearly have now bought themselves an internet connection, we all have to suffer through their endless 😂😂😂😂😂😂 poo poo

at least SA's emoticons serve a much more valuable purpose :smugdog: