Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For example, I was at an intersection and I was thinking, what if I saw a car pass through someone like bad collision in a video game. I feel like I would react fairly calmly. What do you think? Are gamers predisposed to accepting strange phenomena with grace?

Wormskull out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Absolutely.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I would calmly freak out

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I would flip out a la the avgn

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yes, and they would experiment to try recreate them with disastrous results

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I've seen tons of them already... no big deal. Doesn't even phase me- like water rolling off a duck's back.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I think normies would react more calmly op, because theyre so brainwashed and oblivious to everything around them. Hell they might not even react at all because theyre so sheepled out

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

“In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.”

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I was pushing buttons, and I still got fired. Real world is fuckin glitched!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

When I was young I would fantasize about being able to turn on noclip in real life.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I would go about my day with renewed strength and purpose, finally certain that God is real and his name is Todd Howard

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

When I was young I would fantasize about being able to turn on noclip in real life.

I learned how to lucid dream consistently when I was a teen and this was one of the first things I tried. It felt real weird and I still don’t like to do it too much

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

yes, and they would experiment to try recreate them with disastrous results
lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Not really related to the thread topic (sorry worm!) but this reminds me of when I was a little kid any room I was in I'd imagine the "rocket launcher" game where I'd stand somewhere and then fire a rocket launcher into the farthest corner of the room and then try and decide if I would be able to survive the explosion.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay posted:

Not really related to the thread topic (sorry worm!) but this reminds me of when I was a little kid any room I was in I'd imagine the "rocket launcher" game where I'd stand somewhere and then fire a rocket launcher into the farthest corner of the room and then try and decide if I would be able to survive the explosion.

Lmao

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

American McGay posted:

Radicalized by Perfect Dark

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

For example, I was at an intersection and I was thinking, what if I saw a car pass through someone like bad collision in a video game. I feel like I would react fairly calmly. What do you think? Are gamers predisposed to accepting strange phenomena with grace?

Wormskull out.

like ... deja vu? probably like Neo i suppose .. id bring it up , but id look cool and be wearing sunglasses and a trench coat and say it calmly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

like ... deja vu? probably like Neo i suppose .. id bring it up , but id look cool and be wearing sunglasses and a trench coat and say it calmly.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*as a shopping cart goes flying off into the river* "Ah, just another normal day here in Boston, Massachusetts."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would freak out moreso than the average person I think.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

*as a bus barrels into South Street, sending double-parked cars careening through the snow like they all have rag doll physics, while an Oblivion fish-faced guy yells the same single line over and over again for ten minutes in a fake-sounding Boston accent*

"Hm, the MBTA is running ahead of schedule today."

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*El Camino w/ missing bumpers and doors balanced on the back of an alligator spins around in a swamp while upside down rednecks hoot and holler at 2am* Lol, Tampa Never Sleeps.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*watches as a school bus NoClips through DoomGuys balls* Wow thankfully I'm a gamer or that would Of looked weird. lmao what the gently caress is this thread dude

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*watches as a school bus NoClips through DoomGuys balls* Wow thankfully I'm a gamer or that would Of looked weird. lmao what the gently caress is this thread dude

Oh poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Content baited; content received. :smugbird:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be pretty cool to see Doom Guy toggle God Mode and go HAM on a large scale military force.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

It would be pretty cool to see Doom Guy toggle God Mode and go HAM on a large scale military force.

It would be pretty cool to win the lottery and become a millionaire too but it’s not gonna happen. Topic Locked.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmao I've spent like the last week trying to wrap my head around this thread and it finally drove me insane at how stupid/awesome it is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao I've spent like the last week trying to wrap my head around this thread and it finally drove me insane at how stupid/awesome it is

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sounds like Synthy experienced a real-world “glitch”.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

me after several days, rereading the OP 4-5 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqY6mXULzpw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
me after several days, witnessing a squirrel t-pose: as a gamer, i accept this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

me after several days, witnessing a squirrel t-pose: as a gamer, i accept this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao