Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Meanwhile, in the hollywood screenplay version of this:

-Camera pans across tranquil lake
-Camera follows fishing lure on surface of lake up line to reveal pole held by a pair of worn hands with shoeless feet stuck in sand nearby
-A ringtone interrupts the tranquil science
-Cut to closeup of phone, the name Alberto Puig shows in the caller ID
Unknown Australian voice: "G'day mate, I was wondering when you were going to call."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
and all the talk during the Moto2 Q1/Q2 session is about Alex Marquez possibly going to Repsol

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nice save by Pol

https://i.imgur.com/3FV7VMZ.mp4

echomadman fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 16, 2019

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

If anyone in Los Angeles doesn't mind watching tomorrow's race after it happens, there's a theater in downtown LA showing it for free (I think) from 2-4pm

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
Yikes.
https://twitter.com/JunaidSamodien_/status/1196063165366362113?s=19

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Tons of issues today. Moto3 race Canet had the motor op on the siting lap delaying the race and another rider crashed in the results. After the start of the race, a bunch of offs, and a bike on fire. Tatay wrecked, got hit by two other riders and his bike went back onto the track and took out a few more.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Good thing Zarcos victory celebration is a backflip. Although he hasn't had much practice since his moto2 days.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:weed:

Jesus wept that Zarco incident looks frightening. Wow.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
It's official: The Repsol Honda Team roster for 2020 is Marquez/Marquez. https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/alex-marquez-hrc-marc-2020/4599800/ On one hand I feel sorry for Alex because he's going to be judged against his older brothers rookie season but on the other hand he's getting paid millions of dollars to race motorcycles.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I feel sorry for the sport, he doesn't deserve that seat, it's pretty clear nepotism.

Otoh I can't wait for next season. It's gonna be great watching Alex crash and burn, leading to the inevitable dramas when it's Marc's own brother on the receiving end of Honda's 'like it or lump it' approach to bike design.

I'll put my money down now: this is the start of a chain of events culminating in the greater Marquez leaving Honda.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
He's going to do worse than Lorenzo is my bet. Dude is a crash machine on moto2 bikes and I don't see how he gets better on the hardest to ride bike on the grid. I could see this being the beginning of the end of Marquez at Honda. They had the unfortunate choice of keeping the only guy who seems to be able to ride their bike well happy by putting his brother on, but what happens next year if they decide to replace him?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
If marquez the younger can't cut it at repsol, does marquez the elder fully embrace the dark side and finally become the villian?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Binder literally finished 3 points behind Alex and that KTM was such a burning trash pile the first half of the season that it made KTM quit Moto2 lmao. Alex is gonna be eaten alive by that Honda.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Finally they'll know which brother Dad loves best on an even playing field.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

He's going to do worse than Lorenzo is my bet. Dude is a crash machine on moto2 bikes and I don't see how he gets better on the hardest to ride bike on the grid. I could see this being the beginning of the end of Marquez at Honda. They had the unfortunate choice of keeping the only guy who seems to be able to ride their bike well happy by putting his brother on, but what happens next year if they decide to replace him?

This isn't entirely fair.

The KTM is the hardest bike to ride but you can't tell cause it's also punishingly slow.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So Zarco unimpressed so much they went with Alex instead?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Uuuh no, zarco was super impressive?

Marc Marquez did a bunch of media interviews proclaiming loudly and repeatedly that he'd love to have his brother on the team but it was totally HRC's decision but it would be really great but it's honestly up to Honda and his hands are tied but he really deserves it!

Him being the moto2 champ is a convenient fig leaf but if binder (already signed for KTM) had won the title, don't doubt he'd still be on the team. Lorenzo's departure opened a hole and Marc shoved it up the inside as usual.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 18, 2019

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

M Marquez / A Marquez is an absolute heat check for Honda. Yikes.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Quatararo didn't have an amazing moto2 record and look where he is now. Honda doesn't need much from Alex. Just regularly be in the points and let Marc do the rest. They still managed the triple crown with Lorenzo doing virtually nothing.

Haven't all of the strong Moto 2 riders that have come up recently done well?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/1196733117400264704?s=19
https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/1196735536267968512?s=19

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lots of good pics of next seasons bikes today though

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

aprilia won't even be done with the new bike until february what have they even been doing if they weren't upgrading this year's bike or building next years
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/147253/espargaro-no-new-bike-at-test-unacceptable

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

the paradigm shift posted:

aprilia won't even be done with the new bike until february what have they even been doing if they weren't upgrading this year's bike or building next years
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/147253/espargaro-no-new-bike-at-test-unacceptable

Fire engineer,
Browbeat riders,
Fire engineer,
Browbeat riders

On repeat

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

KTM have developed a cutting edge new chassis with pedrosa's input. A whole new paradigm in steel frame design that abandons the traditional trellis:

Could it be true? Could KTM engineers be travelling backward through time? They've reached the 90's.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Did the steel frames have orange paint in the 90's?

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Slavvy posted:

KTM have developed a cutting edge new chassis with pedrosa's input. A whole new paradigm in steel frame design that abandons the traditional trellis:

Could it be true? Could KTM engineers be travelling backward through time? They've reached the 90's.

'Yah, der trellis frame is far superia'

Every KTM engineer in 2019.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha, gently caress, finally got a chance to watch the Moto3 race. Great ride from Artegas for 3rd, but what a bloodbath.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

A twin spar in steel? Is that even 90s? Didn't spar frames all start with aluminum? I can't think of a steel one I've ever seen

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Newer ninja 650's have em.

Wasn't the CBR600 F2 a steelie?

Plus there's thunderace/cat, rf600/900, CBR650. All legendary GP machines.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

apparently avintia sent Abraham an email last night saying he's out but so far I haven't seen an article in english just fb and reddit posts.

https://twitter.com/andstipc/status/1198313831765819392

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lmfao come back.... please...

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

the paradigm shift posted:

apparently avintia sent Abraham an email last night saying he's out but so far I haven't seen an article in english just fb and reddit posts.

https://twitter.com/andstipc/status/1198313831765819392

Motomatters has it:

quote:

Abraham accused the Avintia team of financial problems, claiming that a number of mechanics did not travel to the Malaysian round of the championship in Sepang. Abraham accused Avintia of not having paid some mechanics. In turn, Abraham stands accused of not having fulfilled his contract with Avintia by paying the agreed sponsorship amount.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Marc is getting off season shoulder surgery, opposite shoulder of the surgery he got last year.

WSBK as removed the USofA round from their calendar. No more superbike at Laguna Seca.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Skreemer posted:

Marc is getting off season shoulder surgery, opposite shoulder of the surgery he got last year.

WSBK as removed the USofA round from their calendar. No more superbike at Laguna Seca.

Wow, no US round at all? That's a shame. I know Laguna Seca has particular drama, but I hope they replace it with another circuit for future seasons.

In other news MotoAmerica has The Ridge in Shelton, WA on the schedule for 6/26-28, which is cool both in the "pro racing close to me" sense and also that MotoAmerica is expanding their season and geographical reach. I really hope I can make it out there.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bring back Brainard.

Also lol any of you old enough to remember the 200 meaning something.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Wow, no US round at all? That's a shame. I know Laguna Seca has particular drama, but I hope they replace it with another circuit for future seasons.

In other news MotoAmerica has The Ridge in Shelton, WA on the schedule for 6/26-28, which is cool both in the "pro racing close to me" sense and also that MotoAmerica is expanding their season and geographical reach. I really hope I can make it out there.

MA is a genuinely fun series. Kind of amazing how there's really only two bikes that can ever win a race, with only 3-4 riders capable of it on the regular, yet it manages to be 10x more interesting than WSBK and I can watch it on youtube for free!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Real Aventia has signed Zarco to ride a Ducati for 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/matoxley/status/1206877440536186880 ionnone's in trouble