Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So is the MLB At Bat app supposed to be showing me Spring Training games yet? Because on my phone it's stuck on the last day of the world series and refuses to let me jump forward to 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yep that's absolutely it. I just bought it instead of waiting for the auto renewal, and now the app is showing the ST games. Way to go MLB. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao at the Red Sox guy who hard slid into 2B to break up the double play in a game against HS students.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bryant's first AB of the spring is a two-run HR. :toot:

Baseball is BACK

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol: it's like what, the fourth inning of the Cubs first ST game? They already have a Cubs PR guy in the booth with Len working overtime to kiss up to the Ricketts family and explain to fans why they should be so grateful to them.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Chatwood already walking people :lol:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I thought Russell couldn't play any ST games with paid attendance while he was suspended? Maybe I misunderstood the rule.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Sounded pretty nasty, but apparently he walked off under his own power so that's good. Hopefully no concussion. Not an auspicious start to his ST though.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This Whitley kid looks pretty good

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Tyler Chatwood looking very Tyler Chatwoodish

Uh he issued no walks.

Greg Holland on the other hand is in peak Cardinal form early. RIP my old title.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Legit cannot remember the last time Chatwood got through 2 IP with no walks in a Cubs uniform. Might have been 2018 spring training tbh.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Chatwood actually looked okay and it confuses me. Spring Training.txt

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

I like the Angels broadcast crew, they do a good job talking about both teams and never come off as big homers.

:same:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Chatwood just threw another no-walk inning and I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HIS LIES.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Make that two no-walk innings. :psyduck:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Almora is so goddamn slow my god. I'd wager Schwarber could legit beat him in a foot race to the bag. It's crazy how good a CF he is despite running like a geriatric.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Literally have no idea who the gently caress the new guy in CF is, but that was a hell of a catch.

Popete posted:

He was holding has back leg afterwards, he might have pulled a hamstring.

He was busting down the line as fast as he possibly could - at least to start - and it was still only about as fast as Javy jogging.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Tyler Chatwood walks three guys in less than two innings, completely falls apart. The balance of the universe is officially restored.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Almora just annihilated a pitch by Giolito, God drat.

Then Giolito struck out four in a row, even after a dropped third strike let Happ reach. Guy has phenomenal stuff and I have to think it all comes together st some point.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"Former Cub Daniel Murphy"

Stop triggering me, Len. :argh:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
He's following the grand tradition of the Cubs minor league pitcher of the year crashing and burning the following season. Tseng is probably watching somewhere nodding.

Russell also committed a pathetic run scoring error, sure am glad the Cubs overlooked his abuse to offer him a contract because of his elite glove, lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
vintage clownball, I approve.

2 BB's, 2 K's, 2 wild pitches, no runs allowed. The Dillon Maples experience.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Classic Soler fielding

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It's weird that Hendricks has looked like poo poo all spring and I'm not even remotely worried about it because he's been nails for three straight seasons now. Hopefully my trust is not misplaced.

Almora meanwhile continues to be a goddamn beast, even vs RHP. Hope he's figured something out.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Red Sox trainer was completely caught off guard by how fine Porcello seemed.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hell yeah gently caress the DH

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Strop looks fantastic in his first appearance since pulling the hammy, good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
e. n/m I got the days wrong