Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Rules

Deep underneath the city of Tokyo, lays a tangled maze of tunnels. Business Titans have recently developed ways to delve into this labyrinth, and hope even to yoke the antideluvian beasts that make their home there, the trains...
Or something like that. A train game where the route are pre-set as are the companies. Players instead build the stations to profit from them. Trains bounce from the start of their routes to the end, hitting the stations to trigger payouts to players and increasing the train-line's Income. Players can even ride the trains, or else walk (or bike) around above ground, rushing to the next plum spot to place down a station.
Richest player wins, money is made by having a train you don't have a share in go through your station, end of game share payouts to share holders (based on Income, early investors getting the plums), and speculation (mutually exclusive w/ shares and pulls income from the company)
Players interact with a changing action board, a waterfall of cards they can place action discs on. I'll leave you to peruse the rulebook to see each does what, but the 6 columns are sorted by colour, so while the specifics change, the mix of action-types will always remain roughly the same

I'm cobbling together this from a the PNP files available from Jordan Draper's website, let me know what's hard to see. And while I need to be here for the turn order bid and to refresh the action cards, there's not a great need for me to post between every turn in the action phase so this could be pretty quick. We've got four players, with one of them having even played before. For the hidden bid, either PM me on here or on Discord where I go by skizelo and can be found in the TGD discord - ask for a link if you're not in already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
Should I leave my hopes of this being an Anime Free Zone at Narita?

FACKER fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 22, 2019

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Checking in. I read the rules, and have a light idea of what I am doing.

It seems like you want to get your stations on the board early to get some income going. Then later game pivot to share ownership. They key being on when to jump into shares. Too early and you don’t get much income. Too late and you lose the larger shares.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

One thing I couldn’t find is where on the map does your meeple start? The setup gives you the meeple, but I don’t find anything on when or where it is placed on the board.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

FACKER posted:

Should I leave my hopes of this being an Anime Free Zone at Narita?

I was aiming more for lovecraft. I'll maybe add big eyes to the meeples to make them more moe.

Orvin posted:

One thing I couldn’t find is where on the map does your meeple start? The setup gives you the meeple, but I don’t find anything on when or where it is placed on the board.

It's in the movement phase - in the first round players place their meeples anywhere in turn order. - I should have added grid references, but I'm lazy. Best to use stations as landmarks, I guess.

The coloured letters are shares - there are cards, but I'm lazy. There should be enough space for speculation. Other than that, not much to say here yet.

Turn-order is in the bottom right. Of course, those colours are just players 1-4 so it's not very revealing. The random order is
Orvin (White) Money; 2000. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
SN (Beech) Money; 2100. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
Jivjov (Black) Money; 2200. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
FACKER (Gold) Money; 2300. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
Speed tokens: 16

I was thinking about how to rig up a player side, but not everything has to be a png. Shares will be like G1, M3, etc. I should have made the shares 123 on the income chart I guess.

Actions! If you're unsure about any of them ask. I won't know either but someone might. Traditional WP rules so discs block future discs (nb that some cards have two actions like D4), some spaces require two discs (D2). The bottom row will get discarded next round.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 22, 2019

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

My thought was that if players are about and I'm not, the tracking is simple enough that players can go "I use C3, I now have x money, y stations, none of you use C3 and there's my station now on M12". But that may be optimistic.
And let me know about image clarity - I'm torn between having huge honking images, or more manageable ones that are illegible. This looks ok to me, but I'm on desktop.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

What you have posted so far looks pretty good.

There is a note in the turn order that players other than first get some extra cash on the first turn. Probably making up for the fact that I get first pick of the good stuff.

Should we start by now give a location of our meeple?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Whoops, I missed the bonus for going later. Edited the OP~ish thing.
And yeah, we're in the 1st Movement Phase, so give a position for your meeple.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I would like to start in the square touching the south side of N9 station.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm a bit out of turn, so I'll drop this behind a spoiler tag for now; but I'll start on the south side of the E20/I8 node

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'll start lower right of Shibuya.

So there's 54 action cards total in 6 piles, so 9 cards per pile and we draw one every round?

Meaning the game is hardcapped at 9 rounds?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Some Numbers posted:

I'll start lower right of Shibuya.

So there's 54 action cards total in 6 piles, so 9 cards per pile and we draw one every round?

Meaning the game is hardcapped at 9 rounds?

Game ends when there's no draw pile left to replenish the action stacks. So higher player counts actually end up with fewer rounds.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh crap, I did my math wrong. There's 9 cards per stack total and we've already drawn 4.

So that means we get...7 total rounds?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

As things stand so far (waiting for FACKER)

Some Numbers posted:

Oh crap, I did my math wrong. There's 9 cards per stack total and we've already drawn 4.

So that means we get...7 total rounds?

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
I'll start lower right of Jimbocho S5 node.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I will place two discs on the C6 ¥300 station spot, and spend $600 on a station.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Orvin (White)      Money; 1400. Discs; 1. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
SN (Beech)         Money; 2100. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
Jivjov (Black)     Money; 2200. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
FACKER (Gold)  Money; 2300. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.

I figured out spacer characters!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

C6, pay 400 for a station.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
A6, paying ¥800 for the doublennode station.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Orvin (White)      Money; 1400. Discs; 1. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
SN (Beech)         Money; 1700. Discs; 2. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
Jivjov (Black)     Money; 1400. Discs; 2. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
FACKER (Gold)  Money; 2300. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
A1: pay 200 to get a another token to use this round.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I will use my last token on B2 for a bicycle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

C1, pay 200 yen and get another token.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Orvin (White)      Money; 1400. Discs; 0. Stations; 5. Bike; Yes. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
SN (Beech)         Money; 1500. Discs; 1. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
Jivjov (Black)     Money; 1400. Discs; 2. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
FACKER (Gold)  Money; 2100. Discs; 3. Stations; 6. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Can you add in an arrow or something to indicate the current turn? Maybe bold the person?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
B1, Buy another action disc for ¥400

jivjov fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 24, 2019

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
B4, -200 discount action

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am out of discs, so it is Some Numbers turn.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

A2, get a bike.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
A3 start the M line running for ¥200

jivjov fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 24, 2019

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
B6. Buy station for 800 using the discount action from before.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
C2, snagging a speed token

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Orvin (White)      Money; 1400. Discs; 0/3. Stations; 5. Bike; Yes. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
SN (Beech)         Money; 1500. Discs; 0/4. Stations; 5. Bike; Yes. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
Jivjov (Black)     Money; 1000. Discs; 0/4. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 1. Shares; None.
FACKER (Gold)  Money; 1500. Discs; 1/4. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.

Speed tokens are component limited to 14 or so, I'll start keeping a talley if people start running through them.

jivjov posted:

A3 start the M line running for ¥200

That's 200 to the company's income track, not from or to you, right?

FACKER posted:

B6. Buy station for 800 using the discount action from before.

Discounts are applied before mulitplication for big stations, so the cost is (5-2)x2, so 600.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
For my last token: C4, bid +200

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Train Phase!

The M train moves 5 spaces from M1 to M6. It passes by no stations, or meeples so nobody can hitch a ride. I was thinking that doing the phase properly might be a pain as you can chain journeys, and it's also open information. For full stategy I should ask every legal player every station if they want to get on or off, and they have to answer in turn order. I hope it doesn't come up.

Market Refresh!

The discarded cards are no longer valid, but can be nabbed w/ the A and B1 actions, to give you your own private action.

Bid Phase!
Send me a PM here or on Discord. FACKER'S on 200 already.

Orvin (White) Money; 1400. Discs; 3/3. Stations; 5. Bike; Yes. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
SN (Beech) Money; 1500. Discs; 4/4. Stations; 5. Bike; Yes. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
Jivjov (Black) Money; 1000. Discs; 4/4. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 1. Shares; None.
FACKER (Gold) Money; 1500. Discs; 4/4. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.

e: dicked around w/ transparency for the Train Phase,

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 24, 2019

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Some Numbers Bids 500, everyone else bids 0, so the order for this round is SN, FACKER, Jivjov, then Orvin

Movement Round!

Everyone, in turn order, can move their meeple 2 spaces. SN and Orvin have bikes and can move 3.

SN (Beech) Money; 1000. Discs; 4/4. Stations; 5. Bike; Yes. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
FACKER (Gold) Money; 1500. Discs; 4/4. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.
Jivjov (Black) Money; 1000. Discs; 4/4. Stations; 5. Bike; No. Speed tokens; 1. Shares; None.
Orvin (White) Money; 1400. Discs; 3/3. Stations; 5. Bike; Yes. Speed tokens; 0. Shares; None.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I was wondering if Jivjov knew how the game handles station payouts from the first station. The trains start at 1 in the Action Phase, but payouts are handled in the rulebook section of the Train Phase, which says payouts occur as soon as they reach them - I would guess that Payouts happen in the action phase then?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

If people bid 0¥, then turn order doesn’t flip. So I should be second in this round. It flips if people make an actual non-0 bid and tie.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Oh so it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
But my 0 bid is still 0+200 from the action I took, right?