Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Yinlock posted:

i am Mad Online about the usa's lust for war

Hell, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yinlock posted:

"reminding everyone how great we are" is some grade A boomer chud poo poo though

I mean this proves that not even trump can calm liberals love for war.

they are more gun ho for this than your average chud if we are being real.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

WampaLord posted:

i'm so glad my garbage state re-elected him

:suicide:

its mine too op

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope the war means we get nu metal back

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

That Indira guy has to be a bot, the instagram he links to is a 100% kpop stan account:

https://www.instagram.com/19940328s/

holy poo poo the kpop stan accounts again. They went wild about the need to overthrow Ortega last year during the protests in Nicaragua.

I feel like a batshit Alex Jones conspiracy theorist with this, but either Kpop stans love US supported coups, or the US uses compromised/created Kpop accounts as bots.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean this proves that not even trump can calm liberals love for war.

If you really cared about Venezuela and defying the Russian agenda then you need to get behind our Putin puppet president to overthrow Putin puppet Maduro.

https://twitter.com/LouDobbs/status/1099110175720509440

It's incredible that every EU country but Italy is watching this poo poo and just going along with it.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Comfortable liberals get to go home and put on some popcorn and watch the festivities unfold on the TV.

All the dying is done by inner city or rural kids who they don't mind sacrificing for the sake of empire anyway.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

Adam Johnson dug up some gold "Listen to Iraqis" articles from before the 2003 war
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1099411016759365633

I really appreciate this because the other day I went digging for some Iraq War comparison articles and came up with https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/dec/02/afghanistan.iraq as my first result and after ten minutes I realized it'd be a long slog I didn't have time for

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

holy poo poo the kpop stan accounts again. They went wild about the need to overthrow Ortega last year during the protests in Nicaragua.

I feel like a batshit Alex Jones conspiracy theorist with this, but either Kpop stans love US supported coups, or the US uses compromised/created Kpop accounts as bots.

Kpop is huge in countries like Saudi Arabia. I think maybe KPop fans are just morons who don't know anything.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Atrocious Joe posted:

It wouldn't be that surprising if they were compromised/fake accounts. I had an Instagram account that I never used that got hijacked. I regained control of it and it was being used to like random politicians and bands across multiple countries.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Bip Roberts posted:

I hope the war means we get nu metal back

the world wouldn't be able to survive such a thing

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Lessail posted:

the world wouldn't be able to survive such a thing

Which is worse: being stuck in 2016 or stuck in 2003?

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
I hope that if we indeed invade Venezuela we suffer 10x the bloodying that we did in vietnam and our demon nation never recovers

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Which is worse: being stuck in 2016 or stuck in 2003?

2003 seems way less funny so I'm gonna have to give it the crown

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS
WHEN YOU DON'T WANNA WAKE UP
EVERYTHING IS hosed
EVERYBODY SUCKS

AND YOU DON'T REALLY KNOW WHY
BUT YOU WANNA JUSTIFY
RIPPING MADURO'S HEAD OFF

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's incredible that every EU country but Italy is watching this poo poo and just going along with it.

no they'll denounce it and pretend they were against it, after a ton of people have died and it's "too late" to pull out

"how could this have happened" they will say, surrounded by footage of them openly cheerleading war

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
who's gonna be the dixie chicks this time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yinlock posted:

no they'll denounce it and pretend they were against it, after a ton of people have died and it's "too late" to pull out

"how could this have happened" they will say, surrounded by footage of them openly cheerleading war

An EU spokesman said: "This is the one thing we didn't want to happen."

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm still glad Ahmed Chalabi is dead.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Lessail posted:

who's gonna be the dixie chicks this time

Boots Riley

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Kpop is huge in countries like Saudi Arabia. I think maybe KPop fans are just morons who don't know anything.

lol I just spent a while going through my twitter archive for something resembling evidence, and the SOSNicaragua account I remember that had hundreds of Kpop stan followers is now deleted.

I love the hell site that is twitter

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://mobile.twitter.com/Federation/status/1099374815394308102

:thunk:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Al ! posted:

who would gain financially was more obvious with iraq but the apathetic cruelty is more obvious with trump, fittingly

sure; this time around is definitely stupider

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

idk, the HAMAS CELL IN VENEZUELA!!! thing is stupider than anything I remember about Iraq.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Yinlock posted:

lol not a single word about even the pretense of helping people

all about the dickwaving baby

The Five Stages of Empire:

1 regionalisation;

2 ascension to empire;

3 maturity;

4 overextension;

5 decline and legacy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

cenotaph posted:

idk, the HAMAS CELL IN VENEZUELA!!! thing is stupider than anything I remember about Iraq.

they literally said Saddam was harboring Al Qaeda

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's the exact same play book every loving time. There's not much point trying to compare which was worse or more ludicrous, because they all are. Gaddafi was the mad dog dictator and greatest sponsor of global terror, even after he'd been cooperating with the GWOT for a decade. It's all the same loving poo poo.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

paul_soccer10 posted:

The truck full of paper towels and rice sure did detonate rather easily
The trucks full of nitroglycerin were meant for Venezuelans with heart conditions.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's the exact same play book every loving time. There's not much point trying to compare which was worse or more ludicrous, because they all are. Gaddafi was the mad dog dictator and greatest sponsor of global terror, even after he'd been cooperating with the GWOT for a decade. It's all the same loving poo poo.

the same way the iraq war was an operational success in terms of killing lots of people with very few casualties sustained in turn but a strategic defeat insofar as it showed the fullest extent of the usa's ability to actually meaningfully bend a hostile nation to its will with force, libya was an operational success, but an astonishing political catastrophe because it proved that even wholesale capitulation/cooperation with the united states was no guarantee against the usa just flipping the gently caress out and killing you anyway so you may as well get those WMDs before its too late.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they literally said Saddam was harboring Al Qaeda

Oh believe me I didn't buy that for a second but Palestinians in South America is just a whole other level for me. But you're right that they're all equally absurd.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

2003 seems way less funny so I'm gonna have to give it the crown
it's hard to choose, really. having a sense of humor seemed like it was actively discouraged in that 9/11-to-Katrina era, kinda like how it is now

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
depressing crosspost

RaffyTaffy posted:

Down south on the Brazil border. One native tribe seem to be in open conflict with the police/army.

Indigenous Pemon on Venezuela's border with Brazil vow to let aid in
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1PY0MO?__twitter_impression=true

There was fighting at the local airport.
https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1099336503120068609

The border
https://twitter.com/LuisPin23257352/status/1099437489956233216

A military convoy was forced to stop and fighting broke out.
https://twitter.com/FernandoLeanme/status/1098966240633253889

Police seem more trigger happy than up north.
https://twitter.com/Guchadura/status/1099452868577382400

If this video is to be believed they are sending a good number more men to deal with the issue.
https://twitter.com/alexferfa/status/1099512506928775168

Claims of dead seem to range between 2 to 30

(From about a Month ago)
https://twitter.com/ThomasVLinge/status/1085618368458182656

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

get that OUT of my face posted:

it's hard to choose, really. having a sense of humor seemed like it was actively discouraged in that 9/11-to-Katrina era, kinda like how it is now

it was so much worse then. there was a sense of gravitas and pregnancy to the moment that i don't think will ever be possible to regain after The Escalator.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

GreyjoyBastard posted:

depressing crosspost

oh god i just had the depressing realization that unlike the iraq war im going to have to watch this all happen in realtime over twitter

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Al ! posted:

oh god i just had the depressing realization that unlike the iraq war im going to have to watch this all happen in realtime over twitter

i still remember watching a live feed of tanks rolling through a dust storm on cnn in 2003 while getting stoned at my friends apartment

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Right after the Iraq war started I had to do a persuasive speech for a class in high school so mine was on why the war was dumb trumped up garbage and they had no WMDs. I didn't persuade a single person, just made a few people in class go from "pro war" to "undecided"

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

How long will it take to capture Caracas? 6 days
Will Maduro be killed? Yes
Total Venezuelan civillian casualties: 1200 dead
Total military casualties Venezuela: 6000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 10 dead
Will the Venezuelan army regulars hold the lines? No
Will Faes fight to the end? Yes
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: No
Will Maduro launch attacks on indigenous peoples? Yes
Will Maduro launch attacks on Colombia? No
-If yes; will Colombia retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Maduro sacrifice Caracas (gas/nuke it)? No
Will Guaido make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Cuba do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Maduro burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Venezuela? ~10 years
Will the Venezuelan war catalyze increased terrorism in America? No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Thank god that mr. Guaido said there was no possibility of a civil war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lmfao @ the last thread being gassed and the reason why
https://twitter.com/OuterSiberia/status/1099526973360164864?s=19