Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Like a lovely drug addict that relapses every three years or so I decide to buy Irish spring soap. I think the smell will be very pleasant and I’ll smell like a sunny Irish meadow through the rest of the day after a shower.

My opinion almost always immediately changes the second I take the wrapping off the pack of soaps and the smell hits me like a loving wall.

“This is too much.” I think to myself “I’ve gone too far.”

Am I being to judgemental or is the smell from this poo poo really overwhelming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
OP goon afraid of soap

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I use their body wash with the little gritty things in it and find it very satisfying to wash with and fragrant to boot

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
it's no dr bronners but for something you can buy everywhere it's fine

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

processed soap is for weenies, i bathe in pure lye

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
It is one of the soaps that Mrs.Genesplicer and I tend to have stocked. Not the only one, but a good standard.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

as the head of my 18‐49 year old household i have a very strong opinion on [brand]

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
the trader Joe's grapefruit body wash smells really great

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i use it

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Putty posted:

i use it

a strong endorsement

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Are the Irish known for their springs?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

great big cardboard tube posted:

I use their body wash with the little gritty things in it and find it very satisfying to wash with and fragrant to boot

I've used body wash before but I'm never a huge fan because I feel like it's hard to get as good a lather going with it as you can with a bar of soap. Like I always feel like I'm using way too much of the body wash.

But with the bar of soap I can just rub it like I'm calling a genie out and I'm all soaped up in no time

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Bad soap which leaves the worse feeling ever on your skin. If you go to someone’s house and notice they have Irish spring in their bathroom, it’s good etiquette to put the bar of soap in the toilet reservoir instead.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Mostly for their worthlessness. I actually am Irish though so don't anybody be probing me, this isn't racism. I'm looking at you, mod with the cat av. And the soap is good, it's probably my favorite when I do things which require soap. Which isn't often. Seriously, I've been using the same bar for 3 decades.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Space Race Riot posted:

Mostly for their worthlessness. I actually am Irish though so don't anybody be probing me, this isn't racism. I'm looking at you, mod with the cat av. And the soap is good, it's probably my favorite when I do things which require soap. Which isn't often. Seriously, I've been using the same bar for 3 decades.

This checks out, he doesn’t bath for years at a time. Most likely be Irish, possibly Welsh though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Space Race Riot posted:

I'm pretty sure that mod is british so racism will definitely play a part in your eventual probe

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they meant springs like you'd find in a machine. Does it smell like metal?

I hear some people say it tastes like cilantro.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Space Race Riot posted:

When you buy Irish Spring soap in Ireland, does it have the same name, or do you just call it Spring soap there?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

whats the soap with all the crazy ranting poo poo on the label that you can read on the shitter when your phone dies

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

When you buy Irish Spring soap in Ireland, does it have the same name, or do you just call it Spring soap there?

I don't buy it, I collect it from the spring like everyone else. You're obviously not Irish

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
irish spring is generally going to be the cheapest bar soap you can buy. it's ten bucks for 20 four oz bars of soup. ivory is 12 bucks, dove is 16 bucks, zest is like 23 bucks.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Pound_Coin posted:

whats the soap with all the crazy ranting poo poo on the label that you can read on the shitter when your phone dies

Dr. Bronner's. And it is the best soap. The only soap you'll ever need.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

irish spring is generally going to be the cheapest bar soap you can buy. it's ten bucks for 20 four oz bars of soup. ivory is 12 bucks, dove is 16 bucks, zest is like 23 bucks.
You seem to know a lot about both soap and soup. I can respect that

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

my dog died im sad posted:

Dr. Bronner's. And it is the best soap. The only soap you'll ever need.

This stuff actually is great

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
my grandma uses irish spring. do you have carpet in your bathroom, op?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Also just lol at not using bodywash in TYOOL 2019

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
I use it for whittling.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
It's cheap and not full of antibacterial chemicals, thats good

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

BluesShaman posted:

I use it for whittling.

I remember this commercial. We're probably the same age, which isn't exactly uplifting but I like the reference.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Bouncy as gently caress.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

youre not fully clean unless youre zestfully clean

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can brush my rear end with it, if that is what you are asking.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it gave me a rash when i was a kid, so i haven't tried using it since. there are other brands available.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Manly, yes, but I like it too.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rust Martialis posted:

Manly, yes, but I like it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkzgLMH5MA

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I had some Irish Spring in a cabinet with some tissues and the tissues smelled like Irish Spring for weeks, lol.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Wasn’t there a huge thread of goons talking about how not using soap and shampoo or even washing they selves was good? E/N, probably.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Whenever I have it, Irish I had a different kind of soap.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

let it mellow posted:

Wasn’t there a huge thread of goons talking about how not using soap and shampoo or even washing they selves was good? E/N, probably.

I seem to remember this myself. Not sure from when but they were in earnest. Like yeah I get it, it's fun to screw around on an internet message board now and again but they really did believe this.From what I read. I probably didn't read it all but why would I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Highly recommend