Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I liked the idea that while Nadia and Alan could have just (second season) left things alone instead of engaging with the magic train, and accepted that things in the past happened and that they now had a stable future to look forward to, the obsessions that they develop with their Coney islands end up making them lost sight of what they gained in the time loops while endangering their own futures trying to fix it. Nadia is completely in denial right until things break, Alan learns to accept the inability to change things earlier than she does and then accepts the lack of closure after the talk with his grandmother, and the Hungarian artist and Cesare both have completely the right idea, to accept that it happened and just move on and not let it destroy them.

I also like the contrast in the finale episodes of both seasons where by the second season, after the first season has a recurring thing of her not being able to handle being reminded of her past, by the second season she is able to be on a train with all of the past versions of her family with no ill effects as she's finally learned to accept her Coney Island for what it is.

Also I love the moment at the beginning of the end of the second season where Alan goes to Maxine's apartment, enters the bathroom, and then looks up at the mirror just as the song plays, putting himself right at the start of the whole show as time collapses into itself. Also the sweet little thing of Nadia entrusting her friend to look after her baby self at the hospital, given their biggest sore spot was when she implied that she shouldn't adopt dogs because she'd be a bad mother. That was a cute way to resolve that arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like that at the start of the season it's clear the characters are at least learning from season 1 - Nadia is clearly off most of the drugs (or at least not relying on them as heavily), even only chewing cigarettes instead of smoking them, and the only drugs she does are the ones her mother already did in those moments in her past because of the closed loop thing and Alan is actually seeing people casually, and not taking it too personally when things don't work out so he's obviously a lot more confident.