Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GetBehindTheMule
Feb 7, 2019

Emerson Cod posted:

I find it interesting (full series) that they heavily implied that the first time we see her isn't the first loop, since she comments that there are fewer fish and there are more fish and more people in the apartment in the last episode.

I've seen this suggested a lot and I'm not sure if it makes sense to me is the implication that the first loop we see is her second, but the final loop is a replica of the first? In that case, she dies twice the same way (or would have if Alan hadn't pulled her back onto the curb), which seems unlikely*. Or are you saying that the final loop is also a replica of her second loop, in which case why would 'fixing' her second loop reset the timeline? Either way doesn't seem to add up to me. I think we did see her first loop, and the oddness is just foreshadowing - for example, I think her recognising Horse is establishing that his character doesn't exist within the loops/timeline in the same way that all the other recurring characters do.

* I know she falls down the steps umpteen times, but she's aware of it - usually this theory assumes that she forgot her first death because it was a suicide like Alan.

GetBehindTheMule fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU