Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I really loved the show and I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be some kind of simulation to help people cope with depression/childhood trauma because that seems pretty uninspired. I'm personally fine with the mechanics and "reason" to remain completely unexplained because that's ultimately not really important to the morality play that we're watching. But I do have a feeling that this is what is going to happen based on Nadia being a programmer, Maxine's reactions to Nadia telling her multiple times that people are disappearing (no one shows up to a party at 9pm!/I am the whole party!/I can't leave the apartment!), everything with Nadia seeing her childhood self, spitting out a shard of broken mirror, etc

Ultimately I am fine with whatever happens because I like the characters and tone of the show, but it's fun to think about. It reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a lot.

Emerson Cod posted:

I find it interesting (full series) that they heavily implied that the first time we see her isn't the first loop, since she comments that there are fewer fish and there are more fish and more people in the apartment in the last episode. Also, the actors who play the ambulance drivers, coworkers at the code meeting and drunk guys at the convenience store are all the same three actors.

I disagree because when she first sees the fish tank in episode 1, while talking to Mike for the first time, there are 7-8 fish swimming around. After the first time she's killed by the cab she notices only two fish (and mentions it to Maxine who claims she only ever had two fish), but after Nadia gives the book to Beatrice and starts spitting blood everywhere she sees that the 7-8 fish and everyone at the party is back when she loops again. The whole bathroom to kitchen sequence in the last episode mirrors the same sequence as in the first episode, she says hello to the same people but she's much happier to see them the 'second' time around because it signifies that things are 'fixed'.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
7 episodes of season 2 are up, I assume that's all of it since season 1 was only 8 episodes and Netflix mostly drops all at once. I'm planning to watch it this weekend because I don't have time to watch more than an episode or two after work