Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

dont mean the bump the thread without any new info, but daaamn. walking around Dobuita at night, with the bloom on, while it snows is just so loving chill and calm. just good vibes. i did the fight in the parking lot too so i got the new wandering around town music and its just so relaxing. hd collection is great once the bugs were sorted and the sound volumes tweaked to hide the compression artifacts.

trying to get the park fight going before i do the tattoo stuff (because not sure if it causes it to miss) but it needs to be sunny day and it sounds like I've got two straight days of rain to get through first and i dunno what im gonna do to kill time cept for listen to all these tapes at the hot dog stand.

also speaking of, which points were the disc swaps again? cant remember when disc 2 starts but i feel like its soon. does the hd version let you know?

I think Disc 2 starts when you get on the bus to the harbor for the first time. The HD collection doesn't acknowledge the disc swap points at all, it's just one seamless game from beginning to end.

I just recently beat Eileen and Izumi for the first time in Shenmue 2 and unlocked the duck racing. I had never really attempted to do it before. Between that and beating Chai in the arcade in 1, I'm feeling very accomplished in my Shenmue excursions.

Also, don't feel bad about bumping the thread, this is for any and all Shenmue chat! Besides which, I want this thread to survive until three comes out.

man nurse fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i platinum-ed shenmue 1, my 2nd ever plat. even managed to win the forklift race on the first go, dunno if it was the ds4 pad or what but poo poo just seemed easier. like the first day of work i managed to get all the boxes away by 4pm and i just did laps to waste away the last hour. i'm not even that productive in my actual similar job. side note: lmao at ryo's shift, dude does 6 hours like me but is forced to take a 2 hour break, i only get 20 mins and im out by 2pm, cant imagine having such an insanely long break. no races tho :(

im into shenmue 2 now, never got past the 4 wudu section if i recall so its getting exciting. one thing tho i noticed they give you all the dreamcast passport capsules from the get go in 1 and it seems to make losing all your money redundant given how much that full set if worth early in the game. i remember the struggle of not paying rent and losing my work money gambling back in the dreamcast days. also, again, maybe its the ds4 pad, but i managed to put away all 6 boxes without dropping them once at the pier.

are the comics for chapter 2 in this release? i heard they were in the xbox version and this seems to have all the photo/shaders stuff that did but with clearly better bloom (hong kong at night is chill)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
goddamn i forgot how amazing the gambling is in shenmue 2. screaming out loud when i won 700hkd through a few games of one-shot.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Couple of friendly reminders for Shenmue 2 that will save you a lot of headaches when it comes to money, which the plot requires to advance forward at several points:

You can and should waste absolutely all of your money right at the very start of the game by buying all the Jackal and Scorpion lighters at the merchant stand when you get off the boat, since your money will be stolen very soon after. Later on you can sell them all to a pawnshop, I believe Golden Flower pawnshop gives the most money for them. And of course you can sell your sets of capsule toys as well for extra bucks. This should net you back enough money to progress through the game without having to resort to gambling and part time jobs.

The other big tip is you actually never have to pay the guy at Come Over Guest House, even if you have money on you. You can always just decline, and he'll whine a bit about how you should go earn some money. Eventually you'll get other lodgings, and the game never makes you pony up for the tab you racked up there.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

new screenshot, well from the recent famtisu

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 10, 2019

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

New screenshots from the latest Kickstarter update, including pawn shops and an arcade.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

duck racing can gently caress off. it seems rigged, i do sports trading as a rl job so i get the odds of it, but i kept sticking to the clear winner both in odds and stats and the white one kept winning, i switched it up and picked white and it comes in last, what the hell.

i got my own duck too and the turning is just insane so i think i can say goodbye to that gold medal. izumi was tough too, took me 3 full in game days to beat her, i kept having to run back to the lucky hit owner near the guest house to make some quick cash, it seemed when i was on half health she would do that viva super move, often times when she was on one health. poo poo was crazy, couldn't believe it when i finally beat her, those QTE moves she would pull hosed me over every time until i figured it out.

speaking of, i dont know if its the remaster or my ps4 since i never got this far in the dreamcast version, but the full screen button combo QTE moves/event seem hosed, often times it doesnt register my input or it demands an insanely fast input. there was one after the chiawan sign when you go after the guy they kidnap and it pops up on screen as down down square and i kept hitting it and just wouldnt take it until i only hit down and square. :shrug: the regular 1 button qtes are fine however, so i dont get it.

anywho im glad to be getting back to the story now, i arrived in hong kong on jan 24th and i really wanted to see this birthday event i kept hearing so much about so i ended up following a spoiler free guide that was vague as hell but manage to waste enough time to get to feb 27 and shes finally started calling me ryo too and i did the qte event in man mo bistro but i'm worried i've advanced too far long because last night she didnt turn up at the store shes meant to go to, i've been told to find ren of heavens and i'm back to sleeping at the guest house and i think maybe i should have done all this while i was still airing out books? in hind sight maybe i should not have bothered at all and saved it for another playthrough.

edit: lol i just loaded up my save game from last night which i left right in front of the store and the cutscene automatically started. :shrug:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 30, 2019

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I platinumed both shenmue 1 and 2 last fall but I will say after the ending of shenmue 2, I totally see why people are so crazy about a shenmue 3. That was just an odd event to stop on, especially after you spend like 2 hours talking with shenhua.

I plan to preorder shenmue 3 at full price when it's available on ps4 just because I want to support this dude. It's so interesting how this game is trying to emulate the rituals of real life.

Pick up your morning money envelope, go get a capsule and a snack, talk around town and find your next lead.

Plus all the random drawers you can open.

And the in game timer seems very generous. Even if it took you an average of 7 days to progress each plot checkpoint, you wouldn't run out the timer.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1128025313433153537?s=19

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Delayed until November.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

New footage from out in the wild at Walmart:

https://twitter.com/CFG_Cebman/status/1136756559143407617

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Aw poo poo the gangs all here

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

man nurse posted:

Delayed until November.

I'm thinking they are probably going to delay it further to early 2020, but I hope not. Goddamn Yu Suzuki keeps edging me!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

I'm thinking they are probably going to delay it further to early 2020, but I hope not. Goddamn Yu Suzuki keeps edging me!

i don't think so, game is done and this is all polishing right now. November keeps the similar date to the past two releases. unless a ton of insane poo poo gets annouced for the back end of november (gta6 or something lol) i doubt they'll move it.

we're getting a 20 minute segment of the game:
https://twitter.com/ShenmueForever/...511172922626049

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

New trailer from the PC Gaming show at E3, including our first taste of the English voiceover work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSAqTmwY2eY

Yes it still looks rough, I don't care, gently caress you

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I love that they got the same voice actor for Ryo!?

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

And apparently Epic bought this one out too? Not sure what is going on in that front.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I love that they got the same voice actor for Ryo!?

Yep, that's him! Corey Marshall.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Roluth posted:

And apparently Epic bought this one out too? Not sure what is going on in that front.
doubt it, even the latest update last week had steam in the requirements. unless they bought out post-preorder sales for an exclusive period... which worked out so well for metro

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The splash screen they showed at the end only had playstation & EGS logos.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

And apprently the Kickstarter page has confirmed it. Jeez, with this and Auto Chess, Epic is throwing around a LOT of money. Auto Chess alone may just establish Epic at this point.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roluth posted:

And apprently the Kickstarter page has confirmed it. Jeez, with this and Auto Chess, Epic is throwing around a LOT of money. Auto Chess alone may just establish Epic at this point.

Auto chess? what are you talking about

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

yeah i take it back ahahaha
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2532170

quote:

Hello Everyone,

The PC Gaming Show just wrapped up with some big news for Shenmue III. The new trailer was unveiled and it was announced Shenmue III for PC will be an Epic Games Store exclusive!

PC Version Epic Games Store Exclusive!

We are happy to announce that Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option.

*For inquiries regarding the General Sales such as Epic Games Store exclusive or Pre-Order, please see our FAQ page. For other inquiries please visit Deep Silver customer support.

Additional Info: Requires Epic Games Store Client to activate.
that's a sudden change on the reqs

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

More importantly, you can now officially preorder the game physically or digitally across all platforms! Get on it!

I have a physical PS4 copy coming to me via the kickstarter, but I both want to play it right at release and support the project as much as I can, so I'll be preordering PS4 digital as of right this moment.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Auto chess? what are you talking about

There's a custom game mode in the video game dota2, the sequel to dota, the game based on a warcraft 3 mod, called auto chess. It is also based off of a warcraft 3 mod. I dunno but every time I get on Steam the same two people are just playing dota2 auto chess. When the WoW glands stop producing milk Bliz will remake warcraft 3 so then people can just keep making the same games over and over again because we're in a simulated hell

The Shenmue III kickstarter comments for the most recent update aren't looking too hot. I was into the trailer right up through the end. Initially thought they didn't add the Steam logo to just piss people off stir poo poo but sadly that isn't the case.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

why are people pissed about epic store again? seeing people losing their poo poo in other places, threatening asking for a refund on their pledges and poo poo like that and i dont get it. i dont have any games on epic store myself yet but i got poo poo on steam, gog and origin... so is it just one more store too many or something? (use playnite or gog beta set up people)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 10, 2019

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

given it took to update 102 to announce a change in exclusivity, with 101 last week still mentioning steam this is going to be fun

kickstarter still has the original delivery date of dec 2017 as well, wonder if they warned deep silver support in advance

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bloodplay it again posted:

There's a custom game mode in the video game dota2, the sequel to dota, the game based on a warcraft 3 mod, called auto chess. It is also based off of a warcraft 3 mod. I dunno but every time I get on Steam the same two people are just playing dota2 auto chess. When the WoW glands stop producing milk Bliz will remake warcraft 3 so then people can just keep making the same games over and over again because we're in a simulated hell

The Shenmue III kickstarter comments for the most recent update aren't looking too hot. I was into the trailer right up through the end. Initially thought they didn't add the Steam logo to just piss people off stir poo poo but sadly that isn't the case.

Sorry yeah I just saw the video, I was getting food and missed it on stream.

Anyway the whole epic games store thing is pretty upsetting.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

why are people pissed about epic store again? see people losing their poo poo in other places, treating asking for a refund on their pledges and poo poo like that and i dont get it. i dont have any games on epic store myself yet but i got poo poo on steam, gog and origin... so is it just one more store too many or something? (use playnite or gog beta set up people)

Epic's store is basically a virus, and Tecent has a plurality stake (i.e the Chinese government).

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

why are people pissed about epic store again? see people losing their poo poo in other places, treating asking for a refund on their pledges and poo poo like that and i dont get it. i dont have any games on epic store myself yet but i got poo poo on steam, gog and origin... so is it just one more store too many or something? (use playnite or gog beta set up people)

The store itself is barely functional and doesn't even have basic poo poo like a shopping cart. It's also got extremely weak security and customer support has already violated GDPR law for EU consumers.

Epic doesn't give a poo poo about the users, just the publishers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Vikar Jerome posted:

People legitimately believe the Epic store is a front for the Chinese government to spy on them based on some paranoid post one dude made on resetera.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/shenmue-3/home?&epic_gameId=shenmue-3

lists a deluxe edition with pre-order bonuses which includes the dlc pass (uh didnt expect that) and moves and ryos jacket is locked behind the deluxe edition? am i reading that right?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

People legitimately believe the Epic store is a front for the Chinese government to spy on them based on some paranoid post one dude made on resetera.

lmao, sounds about right.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/shenmue-3/home?&epic_gameId=shenmue-3

lists a deluxe edition with pre-order bonuses which includes the dlc pass (uh didnt expect that) and moves and ryos jacket is locked behind the deluxe edition? am i reading that right?

No, the game will feature different clothing that you can accessorize Ryo with. The DLC Jacket is probably just one of those items.

They're not locking his default look behind any DLC.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Well great job changing the key into a store I didn't select. Guess you can't trust any crowdfunding site.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Well great job changing the key into a store I didn't select. Guess you can't trust any crowdfunding site.
the backer surveys still only say 'Steam' or 'PlayStation® Digital Download'

looking forward to how they pr a refund method, will it be a dodgy third party service like phoenix point tried? what'll be kickstarter's view on all of this? the steam store page is still up, they had every opportunity to get keys for backers 18 months after the original delivery date

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Didn't Metro Last Light allow preorders to be claimed on Steam? Wonder if it will be a similar situation here.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1138168060756529153

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

PunkBoy posted:

Didn't Metro Last Light allow preorders to be claimed on Steam? Wonder if it will be a similar situation here.

There was never the ability to preorder it on Steam. The only question is how they'll deal with the backlash from kickstarter contributors who chose Steam as their platform of choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

the backer surveys still only say 'Steam' or 'PlayStation® Digital Download'

looking forward to how they pr a refund method, will it be a dodgy third party service like phoenix point tried? what'll be kickstarter's view on all of this? the steam store page is still up, they had every opportunity to get keys for backers 18 months after the original delivery date

no refunds apparently