Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Tomahawk posted:

Very cool. WWE has definitely learned their lesson from one of their top guys not leaving and I’m sure he will be very happy with the creative direction going forward

The part I find hilarious is that it implies Ambrose actually liked the character he was playing before and is happy enough that they gave him it back to re-sign

Accident Underwater posted:

I could see him going for one year at a time and maybe trying to actually do Mania vs. Roman next year.

I seriously think he's getting Mania against Roman this year. Nobody wants to see Roman selling a bunch in a match at WrestleMania right after he comes back from freakin' cancer and he has a built in grudge against Ambrose that you can end with a 5 minute brawl where 90% of the match is Roman doing his moves, and then they agree to hug it out afterwards.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Angry Grimace posted:

The part I find hilarious is that it implies Ambrose actually liked the character he was playing before and is happy enough that they gave him it back to re-sign

Dean seems like he was gonna hang out with Roman outside WWE and then Roman came back so (dean shrug.gif).

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please just walk away Dean, you deserve so much better.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Debated on posting this in the spoilers thread or here, but since it really isn't a spoiler:

Money in the Bank is on May 19th, as per the XL Center Twitter. It is the first real PPV after WM. I don't count the Saudi show as a PPV since nothing major ever happens on it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I DON'T SEE KOFI ON THERE THEREFORE THIS CONFIRMS HE IS THE CHAMP

RIGHT? I MUST BE RIGHT.

Unless....

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Gatts posted:

I DON'T SEE KOFI CURTIS AXEL ON THERE THEREFORE THIS CONFIRMS HE IS THE CHAMP

RIGHT? I MUST BE RIGHT.

Unless....

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gatts posted:

I DON'T SEE KOFI ON THERE THEREFORE THIS CONFIRMS HE IS THE CHAMP

RIGHT? I MUST BE RIGHT.

Unless....

It's not an official WWE poster. Its one the XL Center made up on their own most likely.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Angry Grimace posted:

The other fun fact is that apparently the belief backstage is that Ambrose changed his mind because of Roman and is gonna re-sign lmao

Dean's own wife couldn't get him to stay but Roman could?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fatherofmustard posted:

Dean's own wife couldn't get him to stay but Roman could?

road wife

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gumball Gumption posted:

Please just walk away Dean, you deserve so much better.

jon-moxley-weedwhacker.gif

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've been telling everyone that Dean was staying in WWE. minutes after it was reported that he was not, I was there, explaining real life. #wow

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[isn’t moving]

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dean broke into Vince's house and DDT'd him on the marble flooring.

Vince said "I respect you, Greasyman." and extended Dean's contract 4 years.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

i've been telling everyone that Dean was staying in WWE. minutes after it was reported that he was not, I was there, explaining real life. #wow

lets at least give some credit to your exposure to marvin lewis here

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cavauro posted:

can we call you Scoops McCav'o now in acknowledgement of your skills?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I think it goes without saying that whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda's do flux every telling.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm sure this won't shock anyone but Vince only sends people to rehab strictly for PR purposes.

quote:

In the letter to more than 500 ex-wrestlers, WWE chairman Vince McMahon stated, “Over the last ten years, an inordinate number of wrestlers have passed away. Some of those deaths may in part have been caused by drugs and alcohol. In an effort to prevent such tragedies in the future, the WWE is willing to pay for drug and/or alcohol rehabilitation at a certified treatment chosen by WWE for any performer with a prior WWE booking contract who may need this service.”

On December 14, 2007, McMahon was interviewed privately by Oversight and Government Reform Committee investigators. (The transcript would not be released until January 2009.)

When the letter came up, McMahon said that this was “unfortunately about the only thing we can do.” He added: “I don’t like to read about these deaths at all. And some of these people who have overdosed and things of that nature have been friends of mine. It’s upsetting on every conceivable front. So as a not necessarily a responsible, but I think I would like to throw in responsible as well, corporate member of society, notwithstanding again the fact I’m a human being, I don’t know anything else we can do other than to extend that service or whatever to someone who may have a problem.”

What motivated the letter? McMahon was asked.

“Two words: public relations. That’s it. I do not feel any sense of responsibility for anyone of whatever their age is who has passed along and has bad habits and overdoses for drugs. Sorry, I don’t feel any responsibility for that. Nonetheless, that’s why we’re [sending the letter]. It is a magnanimous gesture.”

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
arn anderson owns, sorry nerds

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
I'm going to show up to work drunk tomorrow in solidarity with our boy Arn. Who's with me?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
is it true that arn anderson grew an extra arm and is now calling himself arm anderson? i heard that on another forum

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Korelle posted:

I'm going to show up to work drunk tomorrow in solidarity with our boy Arn. Who's with me?

i missed friday

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Angry Grimace posted:

It also doesn't matter because the show still revolves around whatever she is doing and they will make sure to tell us about it even on SmackDown and then have Charlotte show up to start talking about Becky as though she is there.

While still managing to keep Asuka off SD television and keeping the rest of their womens division wondering if any of them will get a WM payday.

IcePhoenix posted:

J-Ru I know it's not technically WWE discussion but I feel like it's relevant

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1102496421956194304?s=19

imagine suing someone over their name because you don't want to be associated with their "negative image" and then turning out to be unequivocally worse

So which indie fed did Buzzfeed sue?

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it's absolutely a double-standard from Vince but that doesn't excuse Arn for letting her go out there and wrestle. Any other company in the world would at the very least suspend somebody for making that kind of decision, and a firing absolutely wouldn't be out of the question.

This is the same Vince that suspended Titus for 90 days over the most frivilous poo poo.

CobiWann posted:

Gritty sold out man.

Iceburgh is my new hero.

"Tommy Hawk was a mascot. And I don't know how to accept that."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Drew McIntyre posted:

is it true that arn anderson grew an extra arm and is now calling himself arm anderson? i heard that on another forum

That DICK! posted:

I think it goes without saying that whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda's do flux every telling.

Drew McIntyre posted:

roman reigns never had cancer

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

i missed friday

Stay safe, doc

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cavauro posted:

You are going to feel so bad that you ever joked about this when the real story comes out

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CobiWann posted:

Gritty sold out man.

Iceburgh is my new hero.
Gritty is about as radical as Philly's DSA chapter, Iceburgh represents the true working class

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/CnoEvil/status/1102758241921048577

Was able to walk to the back under her own power.

https://twitter.com/CoryPipcinski/status/1102761845830705152

rovert fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 5, 2019

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

We know brother. Your scoops are behind + suck poo poo

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

1) I can't believe I got PM'd over drunk Alicia Fox, what a despicable scoop fml

2) Dean better leave that coward! Only when everyone leaves will they realize their storylines and characters suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There will never be a poster better than the fake one where Rey is doing a flying headbutt out of a plane.