Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Glad to hear Roman faked his cancer rather than actually having it.

Go big dog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Otis vs. Batista at Wrestlemania.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm fine with them dropping the references to the heel Ambrose thing because that storyline sucked and Dean forgetting it happened at least works in character and this is a million times better than Bane Ambrose. They should be more willing to drop stupid angles that nobody likes, not less.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm fine with them dropping the references to the heel Ambrose thing because that storyline sucked and Dean forgetting it happened at least works in character and this is a million times better than Bane Ambrose. They should be more willing to drop stupid angles that nobody likes, not less.

:agreed::hf::same:

That was a dogshit stupid storyline and if they just decide to pretend it never happened I'll be absolutely fine with that.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Jerusalem posted:

:agreed::hf::same:

That was a dogshit stupid storyline and if they just decide to pretend it never happened I'll be absolutely fine with that.

I just thought it was a really good show. They showed what they needed to of the angles for WM and didn't overexpose any of them. It also seemed like they dropped some of the angles nobody cared about.

Black, Ciampa, Gargano, and Ricochet can kick people on the main rosters rear end now too. Never thought I would see that.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 26, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I liked the show too, though I'm still confused by the ending (though I fully believe the idea that heel/face dynamic is Batista's own idea) and irritated by Stephanie and HHH changing alignment from segment to segment.

The Shield stuff in particular I really enjoyed. You could see it coming a mile away and it didn't matter because what you could see coming a mile away was something really, really loving cool.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Got that WWE swerve feeling from reading the recap.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

after a certain point watching raw i straight rear end black out. i'm convinced i didn't see the end and then i read the weekly summary and it turns out i always did

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Angry Grimace posted:

I agree. wrestling is a constantly changing medium. if something sucks real vad for a couple weeks it's a lot better to just drop it and pretend it never happened.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I liked the show too, though I'm still confused by the ending (though I fully believe the idea that heel/face dynamic is Batista's own idea) and irritated by Stephanie and HHH changing alignment from segment to segment.

The Shield stuff in particular I really enjoyed. You could see it coming a mile away and it didn't matter because what you could see coming a mile away was something really, really loving cool.

I'm not that concerned about the alignment of the characters because I didn't know that match would literally ever happen until like 90 minutes ago. They can just make Batista a face if that's what they want. It doesn't even matter, he's Batista it's acceptable to cheer heel Batista!

I think they're doing a good job managing the Becky stuff too. I think there's a risk of overexposing her before WrestleMania and they are very clearly not letting Ronda and Becky get much time to physically interact.

Ronda also said "first ever women's main event of WrestleMania" which was a conspicuous enough line that I don't think they can put the toothpaste back in the tube on that one.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Batista will build heat by wearing a too tight tank top made of James Gunn tweets

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Big Dave is such a Big Star he's overshadowing WWE and Roman doing a worked shoot cancer angle.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

an entire wrestlemania build structured around the episode of curb your enthusiasm where larry debates the difference between good hodgkins and bad hodgkins

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DUUUUUUUUUUUUMB.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

whoops. ahh. fuckin'.. luke gallows!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Batista better have the spotlight gimmick back. He just better!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Getting rid of stupid stuff is good but it's terrible writing to just pretend something that happened a month ago... Just didn't. Just have Dean handwave it away, even with something silly. Anything! You can't just pretend the guy didn't say he was glad his friend had cancer! We're not morons! We... Well I was gonna say we deserve better but if you willingly watch Raw then lol

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Alan_Shore posted:

Getting rid of stupid stuff is good but it's terrible writing to just pretend something that happened a month ago... Just didn't. Just have Dean handwave it away, even with something silly. Anything! You can't just pretend the guy didn't say he was glad his friend had cancer! We're not morons! We... Well I was gonna say we deserve better but if you willingly watch Raw then lol

Roman is clearly Dean's sanity buffer. As long as he's on a WWE show Dean's instability makes sense. When he's off healing from stomach wounds or cancer, he gets beaten by holograms and TV's and becomes obsessed with the concept of germs and DC villains.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cornwind Evil posted:

Roman is clearly Dean's sanity buffer. As long as he's on a WWE show Dean's instability makes sense. When he's off healing from stomach wounds or cancer, he gets beaten by holograms and TV's and becomes obsessed with the concept of germs and DC villains.

I just kinda want this to be real.

Batista/HHH will be poo poo and I'm alright with that and hopefully it's the last we see of Batista in WWE. I'm also glad I didn't spend money going to Raw tonight because the ending was dog poo poo. It wasn't a bad Raw though and that's nice. Roman's been back six seconds and I already don't care about him because of that dumbass superman punch. But I'm glad he's alright.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

How loving tone deaf do you have to be to think I would boo Drax the Destroyer, who made an awesome video about Cancer being terrible, over HHH, who is basically #2 in charge at the company he wrestles for and has a long history of being an egomaniac who puts his own image above what's best?

The whole reason Batista became a star to begin with is we all really loved seeing him end the reign of said egomaniac, even if the guy he was letting do it was his buddy.

Now, sure, there's a nonzero chance that Batista wants to go out on his back and it only makes sense to give your win back to the guy who made you who still wrestles when you're basically done, and maybe even he wants to do this so he can go on to occasionally work for AEW guilt-free, but none of that matters, because this is just a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid idea.

I've been trying pretty hard to drop stupid and dumb from my vocabulary because they're deeply ableist terms that we often use to explain away actual malicious assholery at the expense of people with impairments, but I just, I can't right now, with this, and I need to grow my vocabulary before I talk about this again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So Raw still hasn't announced any matches for Fastlane I see

I'm glad Roman's ok :unsmith:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

CHEESE?!
also,
:krakken:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh I also appreciate Alexa asking Finn the tough questions re: his abs and the undesired covering thereof :colbert:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

How loving tone deaf do you have to be to think I would boo Drax the Destroyer, who made an awesome video about Cancer being terrible, over HHH, who is basically #2 in charge at the company he wrestles for and has a long history of being an egomaniac who puts his own image above what's best?

About WWE level of tone deaf and fuckin dumb, but honestly dude nobody should be surprised. They don't know what to do with movie stars other than Hollywood Rock storylines by all appearances.

quote:

The whole reason Batista became a star to begin with is we all really loved seeing him end the reign of said egomaniac, even if the guy he was letting do it was his buddy.

Yep. Though I think that's the last time I cheered on Batista. Also I wanna throw out that I agree with the Becky/Charlotte/Ronda angle being a better choice here. Charlotte turning out to have stabbed her dad in the back would have made the match better because you get hell heel Charlotte, fan favorite Becky, and Ronda can just go take a nap or whatever Ronda does best. Yell at Twitter in a corner. I don't know. She doesn't seem to do anything good.

quote:

Now, sure, there's a nonzero chance that Batista wants to go out on his back and it only makes sense to give your win back to the guy who made you who still wrestles when you're basically done, and maybe even he wants to do this so he can go on to occasionally work for AEW guilt-free, but none of that matters, because this is just a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid idea.

What's even cooler to me is the past few times Batista has been back, he's gotten X-pac levels of heat within a very short span of time and I guarantee you that HHH thinks this is going to be some huge blowout. The only thing that's going to blow out are his fuckin quads.

quote:

I've been trying pretty hard to drop stupid and dumb from my vocabulary because they're deeply ableist terms that we often use to explain away actual malicious assholery at the expense of people with impairments, but I just, I can't right now, with this, and I need to grow my vocabulary before I talk about this again.

it's okay to say a stupid thing is stupid and a dumb thing is dumb. And woo boy this really qualifies.

Rarity posted:

We have one more Raw before the PPV, too. I'm starting to think they forgot they booked this PPV and I really look forward to the slam-jamming poo poo into it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rarity posted:

I'm glad Roman's ok :unsmith:

Don't worry, Rarity, they've got you covered: Tonight they announced Sasha and Bayley vs Nia and Tamina for the tag titles.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I will never boo the Big Dave ever as he is responsible for one of the greatest headlines of our modern age

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-star-dave-bautista-tells-homophobes-to-suck-my-balls/

God bless Big Dave and his two moms and I fully support his quest to beat up lovely old men

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

We have one more Raw before the PPV, too. I'm starting to think they forgot they booked this PPV and I really look forward to the slam-jamming poo poo into it.

Mixed tag with Batista and Becky against HHH and Charlotte to be given the matches

:catdrugs:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CarlCX posted:

Don't worry, Rarity, they've got you covered: Tonight they announced Sasha and Bayley vs Nia and Tamina for the tag titles.

Y... yay?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

Brock probably isn't wrestling, Seth probably isn't wrestling, Ronda probably isn't wrestling, the women's tag belts might be a storyline via SDL. never mind it's nia time

Finn is probably wrestling Lashley (with Lio Rush suspended in a cage??)

I suppose they could announce the Revival putting on another sleep clinic of a match.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Finn Balor cut a promo where he sounded like he had a character.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Angry Grimace posted:

Finn Balor cut a promo where he sounded like he had a character.

Finn's character is that he has abs

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Rarity posted:

Finn's character is that he has abs

I mean yeah but sexy abs guy is at least more than “Irish”

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

full kanye batista is low key my favorite batista even if The_Rob hates him.

Sometimes I get high and watch wrestling on YouTube. I've gone back and found old heel Batista segments, and I've totally come around on him. I'm pro big Dave now.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
While Becky laying out flair is cooler and would really take that feud to another level, it's already at a pretty drat high level and has tons of fan interest. HHH/Batista is starting from nowhere here, so I think you get much more value out of having Batista be the one to beat up flair.

Plus this way you can have Becky just beat up Flair in like 6-12 months, or have Flair come out and annoint her as THE man later on.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I like how they made it really obvious Stephanie is going to take credit for reinstating Becky Lynch. Because it means so much to her daughters and poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I've gone back and found old heel Batista segments, and I've totally come around on him. I'm pro big Dave now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOKAVPYZOw

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That main event angle was great you dorks

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

jesus WEP posted:

That main event angle was great you dorks
I posit that you're conflating new and different with actually good.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

It's still going to end in Old Slow Bald Trips doing a 45 minute broadway to hit all the same spots he's hit in every match in the last twenty years only sloppier and less cool.

Meanwhile at least a dozen people who could be tearing the house down are going to sit on their thumbs in the back because Creative has nothing for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

It's still going to end in Old Slow Bald Trips doing a 45 minute broadway to hit all the same spots he's hit in every match in the last twenty years only sloppier and less cool.

Meanwhile at least a dozen people who could be tearing the house down are going to sit on their thumbs in the back because Creative has nothing for them.

In the end it makes for good TV and the casuals will dig it.