Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

There is an idea of a Roman Reigns, some kind of abstraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aww, they're all friends with the old guy who'd show his dick to everyone and forced flight attendants to touch it.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Gumball Gumption posted:

Aww, they're all friends with the old guy who'd show his dick to everyone and forced flight attendants to touch it.

I've never heard of Ricky Steamboat doing that, is it possible you're thinking of Ric Flair?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Roman Reigns should change his wrestling style to a more mat based offence.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

HidaO-Win posted:

I've never heard of Ricky Steamboat doing that, is it possible you're thinking of Ric Flair?

Aww dang, I missed that was Steamboat. Now I'm embarrassed, Steamboat is great. Sorry Ricky.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if Corbin is going to get an advantage on Roman in their match by punching him in the leukemia like Finn punched Brock in the diverticulitis to slow him down.

Would that "get heat".

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if Corbin is going to get an advantage on Roman in their match by punching him in the leukemia like Finn punched Brock in the diverticulitis to slow him down.

Would that "get heat".

Baron Corbin can't do that.

Bone Soldier, on the other hand.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

In that one shot Batista tore all his quads to ribbons.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I was expecting him to post Sting snubbing him. That was one of those neat moments where it would make perfect sense in character or perfect sense in real life so you're left to wonder.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rarity posted:

So Raw still hasn't announced any matches for Fastlane I see

I'm glad Roman's ok :unsmith:

Ask and you shall receive.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1100237533269479424

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

projecthalaxy posted:

Would that "get heat".

I'm excited for the upcoming "IV bag on a pole" match at WWE Irradiation Chamber only on WWE Network!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

They earned the title shot taking a pin from one of the champions.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Incessant Excess posted:

They earned the title shot taking a pin from one of the champions.

The alternative was getting HEAT by having Nia Jax beat someone. Jax and Tamina aren't getting the titles off of Sasha and Bayley, so I don't exactly see the point of pre-booking a 50/50 angle. The only reason you even do this match is to put Sasha and Bayley over, so you might as well just actually put them over.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so did anyone watch GMA for roman
it didn't go so well

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Why do they push nia so much she’s awful

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

That DICK! posted:

it didn't go so well

lmao

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I know its not the big news but..

- Revival asks for their release
- Revival wins tag belts
- Revival jobs twice 2 weeks in a row clean on raw as champions

Whats the message they are even trying to send here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

- Revival wins tag belts

“But you got the belt, be grateful and stay”

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Evil Canadian posted:

- Revival wins tag belts

That Gargano, Ciampa, Black and Ricochet are loving badasses that can and do beat the poo poo out of dudes on the main roster.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

- Revival wins tag belts

Setting up Revival vs DIY vs Black/Ricochet, probably

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That DICK! posted:

it didn't go so well

Perfect

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

STAC Goat posted:

It sincerely fucks me up that regular viewers are calling this RAW "not bad" or even "good" and "fast paced" and "rapid from segment to segment."

Like drat. Bad, slow RAW must be a hell of a thing.

I am in the "could be worse" camp because it usually is much, much worse. Usually I fast forward through about 85% of the show these days. While I wouldn't say I loved anything but the first segment, I think this is the most actual Raw I've watched since that one a few weeks ago that was so bad I was watching for macabre reasons.

------

It's interesting that Batista wanted to come back a heel because he didn't want what happened last time to happen again, but it's probably going to happen again because he's a star now. Triple H will still get cheers due to Papa NXT status (just like with Sting) but the casual portion of 'mania crowd is going to probably be pro Batista (although I guess the casual portion gets smaller every year).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Angry Grimace posted:

That Gargano, Ciampa, Black and Ricochet are loving badasses that can and do beat the poo poo out of dudes on the main roster.

...did it need to be the actual tag champs tho, twice in a row? Couldn't they beat, I'unno, Lucha House Party or the Roode Americans?

I mean, we all know the Raw Tag Division is in shambles but c'mon.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

on a show where cancer hero Roman Reigns and Hollywood star Batista returned, the biggest pop of the night in the thread came when Dean Ambrose mentioned Temple of the Dog

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Dias posted:

...did it need to be the actual tag champs tho, twice in a row? Couldn't they beat, I'unno, Lucha House Party or the Roode Americans?

I get what you are saying, but I think they are pushing these NXT guys to kind of ridiculous levels because they want to make them look like stars. Historically they make NXT guys look bad with heatless Ziggler feuds, so making them gently caress everyone up (including current champs!) every day on TV seems like a tentatively positive development. I agree it's not great for Revival, but Revival is a heel team that wasn't even on TV a month ago and who can be built back up IMO. If those four callups end up in the Andre Battle Royale, then I'd agree it's a waste. But it seems to me like they have WrestleMania plans for them (maybe an IC ladder match or something where they can do a million highspots or whatever).

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Didn't watch RAW, is there any story behind why Black and Ricochet are teaming up? Or did literally two random wrestlers team up and beat the tag champs? I don't care how "awesome" the NXT guys are that just totally kills the tag division. To me what it says is the tag team division is just full of dudes who can't cut it as single competitors. I have found these NXT call ups super disruptive to the narrative, if you understand the Lacey Evans story please fill me in, I have zero understanding of what is going on when she walks out and does nothing, is it just supposed to annoy me? I know most people don't care about that, but I just want good wrestling rooted in a mediocre story, perhaps that is too much to ask.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Didn't watch RAW, is there any story behind why Black and Ricochet are teaming up? Or did literally two random wrestlers team up and beat the tag champs? I don't care how "awesome" the NXT guys are that just totally kills the tag division. To me what it says is the tag team division is just full of dudes who can't cut it as single competitors. I have found these NXT call ups super disruptive to the narrative, if you understand the Lacey Evans story please fill me in, I have zero understanding of what is going on when she walks out and does nothing, is it just supposed to annoy me? I know most people don't care about that, but I just want good wrestling rooted in a mediocre story, perhaps that is too much to ask.

They are teaming up in the Dusty Rhodes Classic on NXT.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

It sincerely fucks me up that regular viewers are calling this RAW "not bad" or even "good" and "fast paced" and "rapid from segment to segment."

Like drat. Bad, slow RAW must be a hell of a thing.

Raw is really, really bad, and anything that deviates from the way it is normally bad feels good for a lot of people even if it's also kind of bad.

Dias posted:

This is the purpose of the Raw tag champs. With the exception of maybe Rollins/Ambrose, it is the solemn duty of every Raw tag champion to get repeatedly hosed up. They spent years building the Authors of Pain within the WWE ecosystem and within a month of winning the Raw tag titles they were jokes who ultimately lost because their manager was a piss enthusiast. The Raw tag belts are the gift given to every new human sacrifice.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dias posted:

It's like in NJPW when someone beats the champ during a tournament so they get a shot at the belt. Just without any of the build and logic that allows the booking to make sense.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Ricochet and Black have sort of helped each other in NXT against unfair odds, so if there's continuity with NXT you can kind of draw on that, but no, there isn't really a story.

There's also no story with Lacey. They want you to notice her, and since they started her out as a heel they're using these weirdo segments to make the audience forget about that because now they want her to be a face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Huski Boi posted:

Setting up Revival vs DIY vs Black/Ricochet, probably

Supposedly that's the plan for Fastlane, but with Roode/Gable too.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

CarlCX posted:

There isn't really a story.

This is why I don't think I watch RAW, its not that its 3 hours or the wrestling isn't any good. I literally can't follow the story because it seems like there isn't really one. The only good story RAW has they stole from smackdown, which has left a huge hole on that show in the woman's division.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raw was pretty good last night but the show is fundamentally broken and will be until it stops being 3 hours. Its just literally too much time to fill. Every story is a drip feed and every matchup gets over played because they need to kill time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Raw is too long and somehow too barren. You have more stuff happening in NXT — be it wrestling or storylines advancing, even dumb backstage stuff — in one hour than in three hours of Raw.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Too many things are happening on raw

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Raw was pretty good last night but the show is fundamentally broken and will be until it stops being 3 hours. Its just literally too much time to fill. Every story is a drip feed and every matchup gets over played because they need to kill time.

Man, I strenuously disagree. On any given Raw without a meaningless giant battle royal there are a dozen uninjured roster members they don't use. They absolutely have the ability to fill that time with way more varied talent, stories and matchups, they just don't.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Remember that time when a WWE writer said: "Hey y'all it is very difficult to write three hours of TV every single week. That is why we can only push one person at a time"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CarlCX posted:

There's also no story with Lacey. They want you to notice her, and since they started her out as a heel they're using these weirdo segments to make the audience forget about that because now they want her to be a face.

Isn't she still calling people nasties?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, but if they used all those workers and gave them all stories you'd be seeing those stories progress every 2 or 3 weeks. That would help some stuff but it would also slow things down even more because I don't think they'd ever let the top guys be off the show for a week or 2. It feels like you'd end up with an even more revolving door of a midcard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dias posted:

Raw is too long and somehow too barren. You have more stuff happening in NXT — be it wrestling or storylines advancing, even dumb backstage stuff — in one hour than in three hours of Raw.

Try to book an entire episode of Raw in your head without writing anything down. Wait an hour and do the same thing and see if you book the same show. Now imagine you're a 70-year-old man with a broken brain. This is why Raw is bad.