Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What kind of spell caster are you goons
Wizard
Sorceror
Warlock
Necromancer
Druid
View Results

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So hey guys, Goblin Wizard here. Made this thread to discuss magic and magic users.

They keep making cute dog movies and it keeps the rate of dogs blood really high. You think this is a scheme by the american Spell Component business?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If I hear 'SoW plz' from one more of you motherfuckers...

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Hihohe posted:

They keep making cute dog movies and it keeps the rate of dogs blood really high. You think this is a scheme by the american Spell Component business?

I wouldn't put it past them. :rolleyes:

I loved the last wizard thread before it died. I'm not really much of a wizard, more of a beast-mistress, but it was cool to connect with the wider magical community.

In related news, I've conquered the surrounding land on dragonback and I'm getting lots of gold in tribute. But I just know some do-gooding adventurer's gonna show up any day now with a dragon-slaying weapon, so I want to invest in another powerful creature or two to help protect my Princess. Does anybody have experiences with manticores? What about basilisks or cockatrices? I kinda want to get a tarrasque because they sound rad, but it sounds like they're more trouble than they're worth. If it destroyed the countryside I'd be just as screwed as everybody else around here! Any advice?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Bards are bullshit. They're just preppy sorcerers.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Just because I was wasted when I got the idea of enchanting things from around my lair to haul away my piss so I'd never have to leave my cauldron, doesn't mean it's going to end the same way it did in fantasia.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hey guys..... need any virgin's blood? Lotta untapped potential in my veins here

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Is it possible to own too many skulls?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

I loved the last wizard thread before it died. I'm not really much of a wizard, more of a beast-mistress, but it was cool to connect with the wider magical community.

In related news, I've conquered the surrounding land on dragonback and I'm getting lots of gold in tribute. But I just know some do-gooding adventurer's gonna show up any day now with a dragon-slaying weapon, so I want to invest in another powerful creature or two to help protect my Princess. Does anybody have experiences with manticores? What about basilisks or cockatrices? I kinda want to get a tarrasque because they sound rad, but it sounds like they're more trouble than they're worth. If it destroyed the countryside I'd be just as screwed as everybody else around here! Any advice?

Manticores are too smart. they eventually will figure out thier cage and get out, But it usually takes a couple of months. If you can enslave its mind then go wild. Basilisk and cockatrices have the same problem and you need an anti petrifacation item before even considering tangling with them. There is only one Tarrasque and its way to much trouble, believe me.

Being a neutral wizard I mostly go for the goblin squad to ward off nosy adventurers. If they get past them, i figure they deserve some magic items.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I cast the spell, you are NOT gay now!!! Welcome to a lifetime of straightness! Hahahahaha!!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Foreskin Problems posted:

short answer is yes. skull hoarding is a real problem. long answer is yes, except for necromancers.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
A lot of people forget but making skullptures is an option.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

No, you never know when your gonna need a skull. Plus they are handy, the skull is mother nature's swiss army knife.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
the nature of the skulls is very important like 20 still attached to mummified cat corpses is a whole different vibe from 20 boiled, waxed and with "worlds greatest dad" emblazoned on the forehead

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Any tips from my fellow necromancers for raiding natural history museums? I'd like to reanimate a t-rex.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pawn 17 posted:

Any tips from my fellow necromancers for raiding natural history museums? I'd like to reanimate a t-rex.

Youuuuuu're gonna get sealed in a painting.

naem
May 29, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Bards are bullshit. They're just preppy sorcerers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You should at least be making skull golems.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I know a dude who is still stuck in the hall of life as a plastic hot dog apart of "the dangers of cholesterol"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I've known so many would be world emperors go from Lich to Demi Lich in like 2 years the requirements for fresh soul influx are about as fair as a pay day loan from a used car salesman.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Are they decorative skulls, or work skulls?

If they're work skulls, it's always a good idea to cut down on redundant skulls, as long as you're not losing anything. If you keep up with the obituaries, it won't be long until you can get your hands on a skull that can do the work of two or three of the skulls you already have.

Don't throw them out, though. Put the ones you're not using in your skull archive.

If it's decorative skulls, then no. The sky is the limit (at least until you're ready to storm the heavens, after that, there's no limit).

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

reignofevil posted:

A dwarven merchant gave me a pendant to protect from that kind of thing in return for casting plague on his wife.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I am a powerful wizard! I hold the power of life and death!

*has a gun, shoots people*

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
warlocks > wizards

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don’t even need cookie cutters for my egg muffin eggs biotch. :chef:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don’t even need cookie cutters for my egg muffin eggs biotch. :chef:

Cooking is the gateway drug to magic.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Cooking is the gateway drug to magic.

Yeah it’s like, when we stop biting live animals. :science:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Pththya-lyi posted:

If you've already got a dragon, a backup monster is gonna be a disappointing encore at best.

What you need is a way to protect your dragon by attacking their dragon-slaying sword and any other anti-dragon shields, rings, armor, or glaive-guisarmes they might have. That's right, I'm talking about rust monsters! The classic screw job! Put them right out front too, so that any adventurers will know that you did it intentionally. That way they can't just brush it off an an unlucky wandering monster encounter in a 10x10 room, they will know that this dungeon Does Not gently caress Around. They are starting off with the biggest gently caress-you a knight can see, and it's only going to get worse from there. With luck they'll just turn around and heard back to the tavern to see if there are any other wise but mysterious old men with GPS coordinates to an ancient treasure.

Best of all, as a beast-mistress you should be wearing some excitingly-slashed leather and wielding a whip or net or some other ridiculous non-weapon like that. So you're perfectly compatible with rust monsters. Most dungeon-lords, even us wizards, have at least some metal items we don't want eaten. Otherwise we'd be breeding dozens of the things.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'll let your rust monster give my sword the classic screw job, sure.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

lol but seriously I posted:

the nature of the skulls is very important like 20 still attached to mummified cat corpses is a whole different vibe from 20 boiled, waxed and with "worlds greatest dad" emblazoned on the forehead

Man I've emblazoned a lot of different things on skulls in my time but somehow "worlds greatest dad" has never been one of them

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Man I've emblazoned a lot of different things on skulls in my time but somehow "worlds greatest dad" has never been one of them

Well then I'm sorry that you don't have a proper relationship with any of your twisted and impossible creations.

The whole "remote and uncaring dark master" shtick people fall into when they're just starting out really isn't necessary and not the best way to get results. I always try to be there for them if they need me.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
yo i accidentally summoned nyarlathothep when i was working on a stone sculpture but hes gone now

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

So, I'm a run of the mill lich who has a cult that worships him. I fought a war with a demon prince recently, and honestly, I wasn't expecting it to take as long as it did. I ended up dropping him into the heart of a massive mind flayer city, so I'm guessing he's gonna take a while to get back. Last I saw he was cleaning gunk out of an illithid toilet.

Anyway, any interesting things I can do? I already killed a whole church of paladins, it's how I started my cult. I'm looking to getting into more esoteric magic while I gather the power necessary to become a demi-lich. Any suggestions?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've killed a bunch of wizards AMA

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Sponge Baathist posted:

I've killed a bunch of wizards AMA

Probably apprentices. Run back to your necromancer skeleton warrior.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Guys how important is facial hair to wizardry? I'm tired of these stereotypes.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'm a subtype of sorcerer, Sage, which is like sorcerer with no charisma

but i'm super lazy at the whole learning magic thing so i may have taken some levels in Ranger

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Very

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Girls can be wizettes too. :smugbert:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

If I hear 'SoW plz' from one more of you motherfuckers...

Hi I noticed you have the ability to port...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

look brah it's the 21st century. warlocks rockin dredlocks, 400lb druids going to linux conventions, etc. the look is whatever you choose to own