Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
goku?
This poll is closed.
goku. 1 1.59%
goku! 15 23.81%
goku!? 24 38.10%
goku... 23 36.51%
Total: 63 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the Maori guy that no one plays because of his huge hitbox is gay i thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Idiot Kicker posted:

I heard people getting upset about no gay characters but you tell me what straight woman goin around looking like Bangalore

How would anyone know who is gay or straight?

Like the characters just aren't sexualized at all. Are morons just assuming that if a character in the midst of a life-or-death shootout doesn't turn to the camera and say "I am homosexual indivual" then they're all straight??

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Guys I was playing PUBG earlier and never in any match did any character say even a single word or in fact do anything but shoot each other.

smh at this display of cis-priviledge

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

pretty soft girl posted:

I'm definitely one of the fools you're stunting on

It's really great though. I appreciate that even a crappy player can pull something off cool as hell like once a round and there's some genuine sense of satisfaction and contribution in killing NPCs if you really blow at the game, while really good players get to flex without getting dragged down by lame handicap mechanics like deathstreaks. It's pretty clever game design

It's a shame almost none of the things that make TF2 awesome carry over to apex

It's a really well put together game and the various abilities you can pick all have their own advantages and each one can lead to you pulling off something that will make you laugh and feel good. I still get killed by the odd NPC for doing something stupid though so I'm not going to pretend I'm amazing but the grapple fuckery you can pull in TF2 leads to some really great moments and due to it being a game you can respawn in, those moments are pretty consistently happening all the time. I particularly enjoy those grudge matches you get with a particular pilot in a match, the back and forth or murdering each other throughout in various exotic manners.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

E. I’m an idiot who learned something today.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's a really well put together game and the various abilities you can pick all have their own advantages and each one can lead to you pulling off something that will make you laugh and feel good. I still get killed by the odd NPC for doing something stupid though so I'm not going to pretend I'm amazing but the grapple fuckery you can pull in TF2 leads to some really great moments and due to it being a game you can respawn in, those moments are pretty consistently happening all the time. I particularly enjoy those grudge matches you get with a particular pilot in a match, the back and forth or murdering each other throughout in various exotic manners.

It's like someone finally saw what half life mods developed by teenagers were doing in 2002 and thought maybe it was a good idea to try that with their highly polished AAA multiplayer game, and I'm thankful for it

I don't pay attention to much gaming stuff these days but has any other game tried a similar formula to any kind of success? I remember Brink laughably came out like a couple months before Titanfall ate its lunch but that seems like all I've seen, especially with devs trying to chase that overwatch/fortnite money

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Idiot Kicker posted:

I heard people getting upset about no gay characters but you tell me what straight woman goin around looking like Bangalore

wrong!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i think battle royales are popular because of the loot chests stimulating the inner gambler in every gamer instead of having a default weapon lineup or simply being able to buy the ones you want what do you guys think???

wca
Mar 2, 2004

I'm a world-class assassin, fuckhead. How do you think I found out?
I hate the game and most of all, the name they gave it.

Apex Legends
League of Legends

Coincidence? I don't think so.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Pitdragon posted:

i think battle royales are popular because of the loot chests stimulating the inner gambler in every gamer instead of having a default weapon lineup or simply being able to buy the ones you want what do you guys think???

I have no idea how a game type with so much down time to actual action is so popular but maybe you are right.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

wca posted:

I hate the game and most of all, the name they gave it.

Apex Legends
League of Legends

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Should have called it Apex League.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

it's a dece game, fast and loose, and i will never in my life spend a dime on it

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I sure do love the new game type where you wander around picking up and sorting weapons for the people who shoot you.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

big nipples big life posted:

I have no idea how a game type with so much down time to actual action is so popular but maybe you are right.

Apex puts you back in the game faster than other BR games, at least.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
It's definitely faster than others, my two wins were right under 25 minutes. It is only 60 people versus 100 or whatever

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Looks too much like Fortnight but then I found out I had Just Cause 3 still on my PS4 so I can still blow poo poo up but without have a 14 year-old screech in my ear the entire time

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I miss my big ole white guys with big ole muscles and short haircuts saying stuff like 'nice!' and 'suck that!'

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

Flavahbeast posted:

the Maori guy that no one plays because of his huge hitbox is gay i thought

it's Māori you racist

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Bonzo posted:

Looks too much like Fortnight but then I found out I had Just Cause 3 still on my PS4 so I can still blow poo poo up but without have a 14 year-old screech in my ear the entire time

no dumb building mechanics.

cool and good ping system means no need to turn on voice chat (which has the worst codec ever anyway and isn't worth even trying).

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
has anyone tried that 'voice to text' option for apex?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
It's real fuckin good op

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
im too busy trying to play 20 year old mmorpgs

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
Almost every game I single queue, no mic. Generous use of ping system. I get two team mates who are obviously grouped and chatting. I kill the people that kill them, rez them, and repeat. Then i get called trash by the guys who did 56 damage and 0 kills.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

You can be good at video games and still be trash

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i'm getting really good with the holo dude, he's really good and so is the ninja chick

ideal team comp for me and my brothers is medic girl, ninja chick and pathfinder/holo dude

a medic, a fast and small and versatile character, and someone to root people out,

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

BloodRed posted:

I miss my big ole white guys with big ole muscles and short haircuts saying stuff like 'nice!' and 'suck that!'

hell yeah i miss duke nukem saying cool stuff while being really cool (even without the cool sayings he was still pretty cool)

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

WonderfulWino posted:

Almost every game I single queue, no mic. Generous use of ping system. I get two team mates who are obviously grouped and chatting. I kill the people that kill them, rez them, and repeat. Then i get called trash by the guys who did 56 damage and 0 kills.

first step of every round is to mute your team

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

"I'm calling down a Lifeline package!" I say as soon as my team is far enough away and I can horde all the loot for myself.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
What is the deal with having jamacian healers in video games?

Apex - lifeline
dota - witch D
Overwatch - whats his nuts
probably others

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Lucio is Brazilian

Apex is trash

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Salt Fish posted:

Apex - lifeline
dota - witch D
probably others

Lucio is Brazilian, dummy

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Apex is fun, just played it for the 2nd time tonight. Actually won a match.

Out of 17 combined kills on the squad I had 2 :downs: I helped though.

SuperiorToaster
Jul 22, 2004
Inferior
Fun Shoe
I love the convert ingame voice to text option. No listening to lovely mics, surprisingly accurate, and often unintentionally funny.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

We Know Catheters posted:

Lucio is Brazilian

Apex is trash

but overwatch is good?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sorry, OP, I only play Battleborn because I get the whole server to myself.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

BloodRed posted:

"Shake it, baby!"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

More like... A-piss Legends

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Salt Fish posted:

Apex - lifeline
dota - witch D
probably others

What's the deal with characters in video games

*Gives three examples and one is wrong almost to the point of racism*

lmao

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Sheik, fox, cpt. falcon and duckhunt.

SpazmasterX posted:

What's the deal with characters in video games

*Gives three examples and one is wrong almost to the point of racism*

lmao

yeah lol dazzle's jamaican, not wd
eddy grant heals my soul, the system works.

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Everyone knows that voodoo is good for healing.