Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

and god drat you non-participaters, why do you even sign up for mafs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if bee was posting i'd say to EXTREMELY fast seitch to rf, but...
sal is scum and we fell for it again

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
hello i thought deadline was at 9 pm let me get caughtu p

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Once again the group was too paralyzed to act. Perhaps their fear was paralyzing them, or perhaps they were just resigned to their fate. Maybe another night would steel their resolves.

It is now Night 2. Please have all actions in to me by Wednesday at 8PM Central

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dick Bastardly (4): Nep-Nep, onsetOutsider, SolusLunes, b-minus1
b-minus1 (1): Retro Futurist, onsetOutsider, onsetOutsider
A Sometimes Food (1): Dick Bastardly, onsetOutsider, Dick Bastardly, onsetOutsider, Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist (1): SalTheBard
flerp (0): onsetOutsider, onsetOutsider
onsetOutsider (0): b-minus1, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, b-minus1

Not Voting (2): A Sometimes Food, flerp

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 05th, 2019 at 9:13 p.m. CST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Day three dawned and the people of the ward came together once again. Immediately they began looking for the bodies they were now expecting. After a moment, they realized who was missing, and their fears were confirmed.

SolusLunes, Patient (vanilla), Town-aligned has died of poison.

The day moved on. What would become of them? Were they doomed? Or did they have it in them to survive?

It is now Day 3. The Day will end on Friday, 9:22 PM Central

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (8): A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, flerp, Nep-Nep, onsetOutsider, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 08th, 2019 at 9:22 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Sal

I don't want us to fail to talk about this today, you were around at deadline twice now and we've had two NLs. I'd like to know why.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote sal

I've been waiting all day for this.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Yeah probably don't want to do that because I'm the other Doctor.

I protected

RF on Night 1
B- on Night 2

So yeah there was only one kill so I think it's possible that B- was other target.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

I protected

RF on Night 1
B- on Night 2

So yeah there was only one kill so I think it's possible that B- was other target.

why did u protect rf n1 and bee n2

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Also I do want to apologize. I've moved out to the country recently and my internet is really shoddy. I started doing some work with every intention to be around at the end of the night. Due to poor internet and my 2 month old getting fussy I stepped away from my computer, got totally sidetracked and then yelled. I would also like to point out that 2 people didn't even loving vote so putting the onus on me for a no lynch is pretty loving lovely.

ASF
Flerp

Why didn't you vote yesterday?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

flerp posted:

why did u protect rf n1 and bee n2

I don't really have a good reason for RF on Night 1 :-/ Mostly because I felt like he was town and I w as worried that if town had a killing role they might try to off him.

I think B- is a really strong player and so I picked him Night 2.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

Also I do want to apologize. I've moved out to the country recently and my internet is really shoddy. I started doing some work with every intention to be around at the end of the night. Due to poor internet and my 2 month old getting fussy I stepped away from my computer, got totally sidetracked and then yelled. I would also like to point out that 2 people didn't even loving vote so putting the onus on me for a no lynch is pretty loving lovely.

ASF
Flerp

Why didn't you vote yesterday?

started playing new vegas and forgot about deadline lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

I don't really have a good reason for RF on Night 1 :-/ Mostly because I felt like he was town and I w as worried that if town had a killing role they might try to off him.

I think B- is a really strong player and so I picked him Night 2.

these are both terrible reasons i think sal is town

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

these are both terrible reasons; i think sal is town

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I guess the all vanilla theory is dead with a backup doctor. I would presume that means we have another doctor somewhere.

I presumed because it was me.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

I would also like to point out that 2 people didn't even loving vote so putting the onus on me for a no lynch is pretty loving lovely.

you're right. im pissed at them but i'm more pissed at you

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

I presumed because it was me.

sorry i'm not buying it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So you are willing to cuddle the Doctor? That is pretty anti town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
clarification after taking a couple deep breaths cuz im legit pissed that u betrayed my trust. im not softened to it yet!

your post seems way more like a townie power role hunt than a helpful setup spec. plus, the insta-roleclaim after getting just 2/5 votes is very forward. like you've spent the night solidifying a story and couldnt pace yourself dishing it out.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

onsetOutsider posted:

clarification after taking a couple deep breaths cuz im legit pissed that u betrayed my trust. im not softened to it yet!

your post seems way more like a townie power role hunt than a helpful setup spec. plus, the insta-roleclaim after getting just 2/5 votes is very forward. like you've spent the night solidifying a story and couldnt pace yourself dishing it out.

yeah solidifying the story of "i docced rf because /shrug"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Of course I'm going to claim when you posted that you are going to turbo me

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

flerp posted:

yeah solidifying the story of "i docced rf because /shrug"

When I thought about who to protect RF seemed to me to be just as good as any especially because I felt he was town (and was one of my stronger town reads at the time)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

When I thought about who to protect RF seemed to me to be just as good as any especially because I felt he was town (and was one of my stronger town reads at the time)

but near end of d2 you posted this:

SalTheBard posted:

I guess I would be willing to vote RF too even though he's not one of my choices. I still think his idea for yesterday was weird.

I'll put a ##vote RF

I will be here for the next 45 minutes so I will change vote if necessary to prevent a no lynch

Did something happen day 2 to make you flip your claimed position, enough to put a vote on RF near end of day?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

I protected

RF on Night 1
B- on Night 2

Um....no.

##vote Sal

Sal is unequivocally scum y'all

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Does anyone think it likely that there are more than one active docs with a backup in the wings and two maf killers and everyone else is vanilla.

I'm asking our more experienced maf players and or designers of games if that makes sense from a balance perspective

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dick Bastardly posted:

Um....no.

##vote Sal

Sal is unequivocally scum y'all

Please explain this

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Whoops

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dick Bastardly posted:

Does anyone think it likely that there are more than one active docs with a backup in the wings and two maf killers and everyone else is vanilla.

I'm asking our more experienced maf players and or designers of games if that makes sense from a balance perspective

If scum get to kill 2 players every night then it wouldn’t surprise me this is a vanilla game with multiple protective roles/backups

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ok maybe I jumped the gun a little heh

##unvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sal was VERY active here at the beginning of the day, responding VERY quickly to both me and flerp (which btw the back and forth w flerp definitely feels rehearsed), but then once nep asked an unexpected question about an inconsistency he is silent? hmmmmmmm

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm in a meeting. I'm not ghosting thread. Give me an hour

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

onsetOutsider posted:

sal was VERY active here at the beginning of the day, responding VERY quickly to both me and flerp (which btw the back and forth w flerp definitely feels rehearsed), but then once nep asked an unexpected question about an inconsistency he is silent? hmmmmmmm

Some people work at night! Le gasp!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Protecting me makes good sense because I'm excellent and a net benefit to wherever I am, but protecting B is absurd

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That said, Sal is probably telling the truth given how odd his reasoning is and if so then binus is likely town as well. Unless it's dueling scum teams and he got extraordinarily lucky

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the circular reasoning on display here is absurd. sal gives amazing reasons = he's tellin the truth. sal gives crappy reasons = he's telling the truth. sal did well to not bother coming up with good reasons because y'all will trust anything i guess

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

That said, Sal is probably telling the truth given how odd his reasoning is and if so then binus is likely town as well. Unless it's dueling scum teams and he got extraordinarily lucky

I'm not really following this, but ok

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok i know i just implied that flerp and sal are both maf but i take that back. my reason is, i thought about it and i'm sure the maf cannot communicate. if maf knew who other maf is, then the fact that sal didn't hammer RF or DB would mean that all 3 of them are maf, and with DB soft-claiming doc right now, which is something i highly doubt a maf would do right after another maf just claimed doc, i dont think DB is maf at all. which means that sal doesn't know who else is maf, and also means that his goal is not to kill the other maf, but to win with them. my theory now is that sal actually did suspect RF was maf, and then suspected that DB was maf, and that's why he didn't want to hammer either of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

but near end of d2 you posted this:

Did something happen day 2 to make you flip your claimed position, enough to put a vote on RF near end of day?

I didn't want to vote for RF but I didn't want to risk a no cuddle. I felt like RFs posting on d2 was a little more scummy. I'm phoneposting so it's a little tough for me to mmake a post by post case.

onsetOutsider posted:

ok i know i just implied that flerp and sal are both maf but i take that back. my reason is, i thought about it and i'm sure the maf cannot communicate. if maf knew who other maf is, then the fact that sal didn't hammer RF or DB would mean that all 3 of them are maf, and with DB soft-claiming doc right now, which is something i highly doubt a maf would do right after another maf just claimed doc, i dont think DB is maf at all. which means that sal doesn't know who else is maf, and also means that his goal is not to kill the other maf, but to win with them. my theory now is that sal actually did suspect RF was maf, and then suspected that DB was maf, and that's why he didn't want to hammer either of them.

This post makes no loving sense. I'm going to ##vote onset because your desire to turbo along with your confusing and ever changing positions are scummy to me. I don't think Dicky B is scum and I wouldn't vote RF on D1