Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Lol I at least put pen to loving paper ASF just did nothing. Be that as it may I'm pretty much parking my vote where it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##unvote

I actually don't think Sal's lack of hammering is in itself particularly worse than the others who didn't vote at all, but I came into this day with the idea that DB and Sal might have both been scum, but then DB put a vote down on Sal fairly quickly and Sal's defenses don't include one I was anticipating.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

onsetOutsider posted:

tbh, as much as i think sal is scum, i'm willing to ##vote asf for not playing

(for now)

This was followed by an unvote and then revoting Sal all in the span of two minutes or so. That indecisiveness is a big "what's going on" to me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lack of hammering doesnt mean anything, scum can easily be scared of popping in and hammering because it looks scummy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm confused on one thing, dicky were you counter claiming doc?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i did that because the only thing that gets asf to post is voting for him. he may be scum but tbh i cant tell the difference between nigh non-participation and scummy silence. nep, i trust you unconditionally and in fact youre my only unequivically confirmed townie. i guess at this point its time to be clear about what i've been painfully obvious about already. i know you are town because i targetted you last night and there was only one kill. while i do believe there may be 2 active doctors in this game, which would mean that's not 100% proof that you were targetted by maf, i find it much more likely that maf would target you than bee, which sal claimed. why do i say this? because you have been nothing but rational and maf has no hope of getting you lynched during the day. bee on the other hand is almsot a freebie with how they've been posting. it'd be a sinch to spin a maf narrative about them and get a town day killed.

im pretty sure dicky was counterclaiming doc and i'm inclined to believe him. whoever he targetted last night may have been the 2nd maf target instead of nep but i still think nep was probably the easiest choice for maf to nk, since it'd be very difficult to craft a maf narrative about their posts

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
As someone who was burned horribly, don't every put your trust in someone unconditionally unless you 100% know their alignment.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Also where did Dickey counterclaim because I must have missed it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Who did you use your ability on N1 Onset?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Who did you use your ability on N1 Onset?

you, you bastard

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It does seem important whether or not DB was specifically claiming Doc as their reason for voting Sal, since we now have onset also claiming doc. There could possibly be 3 doctors in this setup but that does seem like a lot.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hey there is no need to get personal here. I don't attack you so please watch how you talk to me

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Hey there is no need to get personal here. I don't attack you so please watch how you talk to me

okok sorry. my anger is strictly directed at in-game personas. i dont blame anybody irl for being randomly asssigned scum or for lying in this game

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm confused on one thing, dicky were you counter claiming doc?

it was inadvertent, but yes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

onsetOutsider posted:

i did that because the only thing that gets asf to post is voting for him. he may be scum but tbh i cant tell the difference between nigh non-participation and scummy silence. nep, i trust you unconditionally and in fact youre my only unequivically confirmed townie. i guess at this point its time to be clear about what i've been painfully obvious about already. i know you are town because i targetted you last night and there was only one kill. while i do believe there may be 2 active doctors in this game, which would mean that's not 100% proof that you were targetted by maf, i find it much more likely that maf would target you than bee, which sal claimed. why do i say this? because you have been nothing but rational and maf has no hope of getting you lynched during the day. bee on the other hand is almsot a freebie with how they've been posting. it'd be a sinch to spin a maf narrative about them and get a town day killed.

im pretty sure dicky was counterclaiming doc and i'm inclined to believe him. whoever he targetted last night may have been the 2nd maf target instead of nep but i still think nep was probably the easiest choice for maf to nk, since it'd be very difficult to craft a maf narrative about their posts

this..... raises more alarm in me than not tbh

i targeted nep-nep last night

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Bastardly posted:

this..... raises more alarm in me than not tbh

i targeted nep-nep last night

ok there we go. since im choosing to trust you right now that'd mean nep is 100% town, right? (or 3p i guess but i dont think we're dealing w that here)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Interesting

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm going to sleep.

I like my vote so it's staying where it is until I wake up, Onset's new and maybe this is just how they be but this reminds me of me flailing about as scum or 3p in my first few games a bit more than I like.

I'll try and be around for the deadline today though.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i can believe two docs (and a back-up whom is dead as we know) but not three active docs, i think thats a bit much.

i think we can safely narrow a lying scum down to between myself, Sal and oneset.

between the three ##vote onset because i feel less solid about onset being town than i do Sal.

as i disclaimer i am attending a concert tonight and will be indisposed from the game from about 4pm est thru deadline (which i believe is tonight but am not totally sure since votefinder is dead. respectfully request a mod confirmation of deadline in case of votefiner being out of comission for the long haul)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

onsetOutsider posted:

ok there we go. since im choosing to trust you right now that'd mean nep is 100% town, right? (or 3p i guess but i dont think we're dealing w that here)

100% no. Likely? Yes.

but... this is making less sense as it goes along imo regarding set-up/balance spec.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the deadline is not tonight. the deadline is FRIDAY night. dont forget

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for reference, the votefinder embed in the OP is not dead

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Onset has 3 votes on now and suddenly seems very interested in clearing me even though there wasn't any heat on me. I don't get why claimed in this instance if your claim is true. Then DB claims to have the same target and you believe their doc claim instead of, from your perspective, the more obvious idea that they're scum trying to fit in with you?

##vote onset

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye onsetOutsider!

Votecount for Day 3
With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 08th, 2019 at 9:22 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LOL well nep miscounting killed me. bye

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not wanting to suffer the same failures as the previous two days, everyone steeled their reserves to try and find those responsible for their situation. And with their path chosen, they went for it swiftly, before doubt could once again sink in.

onsetOutsider, Doctor, Town-aligned has been killed.

It is now Night 3. Please have your actions in by Friday, 7 PM central time

Deadline is a bit fungible depending on my access to the game.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

onsetOutsider (5): SalTheBard, A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, Nep-Nep
SalTheBard (1): Nep-Nep, onsetOutsider, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, onsetOutsider, onsetOutsider, Nep-Nep
A Sometimes Food (1): Dick Bastardly, onsetOutsider, onsetOutsider, flerp, Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (1): Retro Futurist

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 08th, 2019 at 9:22 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The fourth day came, and once again the group convened. Were they any closer to solving this threat? Only time could tell. But first, they had to asses the damage.

flerp, Patient (vanilla), Town-aligned has died of poison.

Their numbers dwindling, the group knew the end was growing near, one way or another.

It is now Day 4. The Day will end on Sunday, 7:15 PM Central time.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, Nep-Nep, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 10th, 2019 at 7:15 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i'm kinda lost, so i guess ##vote RF for advocating a no lunch day 1

i think Sal is likely town (unless scum is intentionally withholding a kill to throw off doc math)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

“It’s probably lylo now so I’m going to vote someone for a theory they had on D1 that everyone sort of moved in from and that they agree is a bad idea in retrospect” - Richard “Dicky” B

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We had two kills N1, and the next two were one kill only, so either docs are getting lucky or D1 was some kind of fluke. Let’s get some doc claims in here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I Doc'd the other claimed Doc

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
DB who did you target last night?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

I Doc'd the other claimed Doc

:same:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

“It’s probably lylo now so I’m going to vote someone for a theory they had on D1 that everyone sort of moved in from and that they agree is a bad idea in retrospect” - Richard “Dicky” B

do you have any takes on who is scum?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Either binus or one of the docs is lying

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or there’s some other mechanic at play and I was closer to being right d1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Is anyone else suss on Nep Nep for the "accidental" hammer or is it just me?