Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sure I love cult games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do HAVE to join the discord? Because I find it a pain in the rear end

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##Vote no lynch

Totally an all vanilla town game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Reverse a minute and tell me why we no dunk.

The only way to win is not to play. In our paranoia we'll kill each other and only take out innocents, but by no lynching we survive together

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

This... a paranoia social experiment instead of a mafia game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If it's cult RF is deffo cult leader.

I wish

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not changing my vote unless someone dies tonight or someone flips scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have like 5 posts and I’ve already explained my position as well as it’s going to be explainable at this stage, do your own homework.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, if there ARE scum, at least they’re making it easy on the rest of you to find them after they murder me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

onsetOutsider posted:

i'll care about this post once you get flipped.

Your vote I actually like. It’s full of newbie mistakes but they’re understandable ones and there’s internal logic to them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also just a reminder for anyone town on this, being wrong doesn’t make you scum. I’m not privy to the setup here so I don’t know what’s going on, I could well be wrong, but I have a theory I’d like to test. Even if you disagree and think I’m mistaken, that doesn’t mean I’m scum for it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Would you be interested in divulging your theory? I know setup speculation can sometimes be a rabbit hole, but I would like to hear your thought process on this one.

I’m not trying to be rude but I literally don’t know how to explain it any better than I already have. It’s D1, it’s entirely speculation based on my thoughts and feelings.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've been doing this for waaayyy too long and I'm pretty sure I'm still top for number of games ran unless Ecco crept passed me. I've seen it all and literally nothing surprises me, and even if I am wrong this is obviously not a standard game of mafia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright well, theory rescinded then

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Still think RF could be scum that wanted a no lunch.

But what if I do this ##vote ASF???

What's my endgame?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I make a loud spectacle of myself trying to push a no lynch (which then happens anyways totally independent of me), in order to what? I guess waste a single day, but in return for that one day I paint a target on myself.
And then rather than withhold the kill to further obfuscate, I kill someone anyways and the deception immediately.
Assuming I'm scum, what the hell am I doing?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still quite confident scum we're voting me yesterday. I spoke about onset already so my attention is drawn to nep, dicky, and binus.

Nep-Nep posted:

All nighter + crashing and sleeping too much after sure feels bad but at least now I'm waking up in a decent hour for my time zone.

I don't think we really need to think about the flavor here but I do agree with Onset's vote on RF, in a game where we don't know how many hostiles there are, how they function, etc. We stand to lose a fair bit of ground and gain no information if we NL today, particularly in a game with just 11 players.

##vote RF

This is interesting. Note that nep doesn't call me scum at all, just votes me because they don't agree with my plan.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Easiest d1 ever gg everyone ##vote rf

This is binus' contribution and then his next post is saying we should no lynch. ##Vote binus

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I figured its just as simple as lead town away from possibly dunking a scum and take that advantage to take an early lead with a double NK.

Wouldn't it make more sense to lead town to lynch another town then? Or wait until there's momentum on my scum buddy?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Actually worth noting here, with 11 players and 2 kills last night we probably have 2 single player scum teams.
Alternative would be a 2 man team with a double kill but that seems less likely

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh wait, poo poo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I still don't know for certain if that claim was a joke or not

I could be spinning into crazy theory territory, but what if the two kills are due to there being two scum like I said, but rather than individual teams they’re working together, but can’t communicate. Scum claiming in that case would be a bold but wise move, they may not even know who the other is

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Protecting me makes good sense because I'm excellent and a net benefit to wherever I am, but protecting B is absurd

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That said, Sal is probably telling the truth given how odd his reasoning is and if so then binus is likely town as well. Unless it's dueling scum teams and he got extraordinarily lucky

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm confused on one thing, dicky were you counter claiming doc?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

“It’s probably lylo now so I’m going to vote someone for a theory they had on D1 that everyone sort of moved in from and that they agree is a bad idea in retrospect” - Richard “Dicky” B

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We had two kills N1, and the next two were one kill only, so either docs are getting lucky or D1 was some kind of fluke. Let’s get some doc claims in here.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Either binus or one of the docs is lying

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or there’s some other mechanic at play and I was closer to being right d1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ASF is also still alive apparently

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tbh I would vote anyone but myself at this stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kind of feel like ASF’s vote was obviously an error and shouldn’t have ended the game, but I doubt we would have won anyways.