Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I've been looking forward to playing again after a break! Count me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I hope my child cooperates with my Mafiaing. Also want a Confessional on discord!! I am sad because I wanted to lead the kill on Podima :-(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

How old is your kid? (psst pretend I didnt already ask in scumcord)

2 months tomorrow!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

hey guys whats going on in this thr-

Same

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My good friend A Sometimes Fool!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Why?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lying as town about game stuff is great. You can fool scum into wasting night actions, or otherwise misdirect. And when your claim comes you just detail the what/why and you're golden.

That and there's the delicate balance between being too scummy to be night-murdered and not scummy enough to be dunked.

Lying is a beautiful thing.

From CYOR Mafia I learned that straight uplying to town is not always the best idea. Lying by omission is fine.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'd like to but I can't do a Cajun accent for poo poo.

##vote asf

Terrible joke

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't like the case on Solus either but I really don't like Onsets insistence on cuddling Solus.

For context Solus has been cuddeled early many times for jokes and I don't buy it this time either

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Why would RF, who I've played with before and is a decent player, go out of their way to make such a stink about a no lynch? The only thing that makes sense to me is that it is part of their win condition. There is nothing to be gained by a D1 No Cuddle and RF is smart enough to know that, so I'm confused why they are playing against what they know.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

Also just a reminder for anyone town on this, being wrong doesn’t make you scum. I’m not privy to the setup here so I don’t know what’s going on, I could well be wrong, but I have a theory I’d like to test. Even if you disagree and think I’m mistaken, that doesn’t mean I’m scum for it

Would you be interested in divulging your theory? I know setup speculation can sometimes be a rabbit hole, but I would like to hear your thought process on this one.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m not trying to be rude but I literally don’t know how to explain it any better than I already have. It’s D1, it’s entirely speculation based on my thoughts and feelings.

My apologies RF! I read your posts back and see your theory, I disagree with it, but it does clear things up.

onsetOutsider posted:

i am now also ok with voting hal lol

a couple questions for you.

1) you know that no game of mafia would make sense with 0 ways for town to die other than lynching. the way i understand it, if you think there are no scum you must also think there is some passive threat. what kind of threat do you imagine that might be?

2) if you believe there are no scum in this game, then what possible risk could there be in telling us openly exactly what your theory is?

1) There are so many variants of Mafia, it's totally possible there is one sick person (who may or may not know they are sick) that infects people. This game is called "Contagion" and there is a strong germ vibe going on in the flavor post.

2) I made the same mistake, RF clearly posted their theory earlier.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

onsetOutsider posted:

no, i get that you were joking. i rescind my statement about being ok to vote for you.

but tobbs has to be a moron to think you weren't joking, was my point.

Holy gently caress are you all over the place

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sal I trust your instincts who are the bad guys

This is the best jokephase post I've ever read. I laughed for quite awhile.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

flerp posted:

im not voting rf today

I'm feeling that as well

b-minus1 posted:

Let's no lunch d1 :getin:

I still think it's a bad idea

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Let’s no lunch d1 :getin:

I think you are a strong player Bee. What is your justification? Because I don't think that this is an all Vanilla game given that Pod flipped Watcher. Now Pod could've been the only power role in the game. I think the easy way to figure this is out is to type 1 if you are town, 2 if you are scum. That way we know if there is any scum in the game.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

onsetOutsider posted:

im okay with not lynching RF but i am strongly opposed to reaching the deadline w/o lynching anybody. if we can't agree on someone else, then i'm not switching my vote

##vote OnsetOutsider

I think your focus on RF is weird AF. I don't like to advocate for d1 cuddles against new players but beating the drum against someone who could be considered an easy target reeks of scum to me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

onsetOutsider posted:

i fuckin guess so. oh well

Don't roll over and accept it then. No cuddling is decidedly anti-town.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh gently caress I didn't realize there was only 32 minutes left I day

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Whoops

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I guess the all vanilla theory is dead with a backup doctor. I would presume that means we have another doctor somewhere.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

fwiw I think Sal is looking suss for the "whoops I didn't hammer" comment and also the opening comment of today which seems a little fishy (perhaps to get the doc to claim absent mindedly or something):

I was out watching UFC and absent mindedly saw a vote counter post that said 32 minutes to end of day. It was like 9:30p CST so I didn't bother checking the time stamp on the post. I'm also not used to days ending so relatively early.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I would like to point out that if someone else had done it I totally would be on the "Wow that is suss!" Train of thought so I don't blame you for feeling that way Dicky B.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

We know there are multiple doctors in this game, so it seems likely that there are multiple killing roles. Nobody has claimed to be a vig so there could be scum + sk. 3 man scum team in 11 player game? Could be offset by doctors to increase chance of preventing a kill

Scum + SK was my thought too but an SK doesn't make sense to me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

onsetOutsider posted:

sal's been pretty quiet today... i want to know their take too

Yeah I've been at work all day and took care of my kid in the morning. I definitely don't want a no cuddle today.

I would vote (in this order):
Onset - Much like Dicky B I've been fooled by the "new person is scum" routine. I also wasn't wild about the "I've trusted Nep this whole game" post What has Nep done or said for you that has garnered this trust? It seems like it was a post that came out of nowhere (for me at least)

Nep Nep - The case is ok, but it feels really forced. One time when I was scum I attempted to bus a scum bro with a case I thought was ok. I got jumped on pretty hard and it ended up being the beginning of the end for team scum

##vote Onset

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Goddamn that is such a genuine post. If you are scum bravo.

##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I guess I would be willing to vote RF too even though he's not one of my choices. I still think his idea for yesterday was weird.

I'll put a ##vote RF

I will be here for the next 45 minutes so I will change vote if necessary to prevent a no lynch

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah probably don't want to do that because I'm the other Doctor.

I protected

RF on Night 1
B- on Night 2

So yeah there was only one kill so I think it's possible that B- was other target.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Also I do want to apologize. I've moved out to the country recently and my internet is really shoddy. I started doing some work with every intention to be around at the end of the night. Due to poor internet and my 2 month old getting fussy I stepped away from my computer, got totally sidetracked and then yelled. I would also like to point out that 2 people didn't even loving vote so putting the onus on me for a no lynch is pretty loving lovely.

ASF
Flerp

Why didn't you vote yesterday?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

flerp posted:

why did u protect rf n1 and bee n2

I don't really have a good reason for RF on Night 1 :-/ Mostly because I felt like he was town and I w as worried that if town had a killing role they might try to off him.

I think B- is a really strong player and so I picked him Night 2.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I guess the all vanilla theory is dead with a backup doctor. I would presume that means we have another doctor somewhere.

I presumed because it was me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So you are willing to cuddle the Doctor? That is pretty anti town

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Of course I'm going to claim when you posted that you are going to turbo me

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

flerp posted:

yeah solidifying the story of "i docced rf because /shrug"

When I thought about who to protect RF seemed to me to be just as good as any especially because I felt he was town (and was one of my stronger town reads at the time)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm in a meeting. I'm not ghosting thread. Give me an hour

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

onsetOutsider posted:

sal was VERY active here at the beginning of the day, responding VERY quickly to both me and flerp (which btw the back and forth w flerp definitely feels rehearsed), but then once nep asked an unexpected question about an inconsistency he is silent? hmmmmmmm

Some people work at night! Le gasp!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

but near end of d2 you posted this:

Did something happen day 2 to make you flip your claimed position, enough to put a vote on RF near end of day?

I didn't want to vote for RF but I didn't want to risk a no cuddle. I felt like RFs posting on d2 was a little more scummy. I'm phoneposting so it's a little tough for me to mmake a post by post case.

onsetOutsider posted:

ok i know i just implied that flerp and sal are both maf but i take that back. my reason is, i thought about it and i'm sure the maf cannot communicate. if maf knew who other maf is, then the fact that sal didn't hammer RF or DB would mean that all 3 of them are maf, and with DB soft-claiming doc right now, which is something i highly doubt a maf would do right after another maf just claimed doc, i dont think DB is maf at all. which means that sal doesn't know who else is maf, and also means that his goal is not to kill the other maf, but to win with them. my theory now is that sal actually did suspect RF was maf, and then suspected that DB was maf, and that's why he didn't want to hammer either of them.

This post makes no loving sense. I'm going to ##vote onset because your desire to turbo along with your confusing and ever changing positions are scummy to me. I don't think Dicky B is scum and I wouldn't vote RF on D1

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

onsetOutsider posted:

oh noo a scum is desperately trying to vote for me, im so scared. everyone else here can read, so saying my post makes no sense just makes you look scummier. positions change in this game, silly. its called narrowing down the facts until you can see the truth.

if you didnt want to risk a no "cuddle" then you wouldnt have skirted the deadline when you know you missed the last one!

you are just digging yourself deeper and deeper

Look if you convince 3 other people to vote for the Doctor than GG. Your post makes a ton of assumptions about setup and one thing I've learned is you can't play mafia based on setup speculation

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Why the gently caress are you so up my rear end but seemingly don't give a flying gently caress about Flerp or ASF? It's borderline creeping me out. Also (no offense to IP) the reason your deadline on D1 shouldn't be 8pm on a Saturday night is people have social lives and don't always think about the forum mafia game.

As for missing last night I hosed up. Let me ask you though why would I be so high profile about missing votes if I was scum? You don't want that kind of attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

onsetOutsider posted:

doctor this, doctor that. if you were the real doctor you wouldn't be waving the "NK me" flag so much

I'm either getting cuddeled or NKed so what is the loving difference? Also if we have a watcher they can watch to see who visits me.