Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'd say they also introduce a bunch of QoL features for those who know where to look, such as introducing more raid dens with Pokemon you can't get in the main story (or to get certain monsters with HAs). Also there are more resources to gather that makes optimizing for competitive easier, such as places that spawn mints or EV feathers. Also some uses of the Cram-o-matic make it far easier to get things like bottle caps or maximize profits on crap you collect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I still think you should be able to summon NPCs to join you in a raid battle if you have their trainer card, and they’ll bring better Pokémon if you have their second one. Let the trainer cards actually have some functionality and help us out with raids. Want to do a raid battle on a bug type? Ask the fire gym leader to lend you a hand!

I’m pretty sure characters even say, “Let me know if you ever need anything!” without giving us the ability to actually ask for their help.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

I'd say they also introduce a bunch of QoL features for those who know where to look, such as introducing more raid dens with Pokemon you can't get in the main story (or to get certain monsters with HAs). Also there are more resources to gather that makes optimizing for competitive easier, such as places that spawn mints or EV feathers. Also some uses of the Cram-o-matic make it far easier to get things like bottle caps or maximize profits on crap you collect.

For the fashionata among us the DLC introduces apricorns so you can get your hands on rare balls. Granted it took 1,998 yellow apricorns for me to get 5 moon balls and I had the Gaming Gods smiling down on me for that result.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

It feels kind of like a last minute "oh shoot, we need to foreshadow things a bit more" But I really can't get over the tone/writing of the first interruption. It seems so weird and halfway between "we are the villains" and "ha ha silly fun times"?

Something that got me wondering: Olena's pokemon team seems very much themed around "beauty" but ends on Garbador.

Garbador was her first pokemon or something like that, the trainer card for her goes into it i think

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nessa posted:

I still think you should be able to summon NPCs to join you in a raid battle if you have their trainer card, and they’ll bring better Pokémon if you have their second one. Let the trainer cards actually have some functionality and help us out with raids. Want to do a raid battle on a bug type? Ask the fire gym leader to lend you a hand!

I’m pretty sure characters even say, “Let me know if you ever need anything!” without giving us the ability to actually ask for their help.

Making the random npcs better or improving matchmaking would make the raid battles so much more fun.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

Olena's pokemon team seems very much themed around "beauty" but ends on Garbador.

Garbodor is beautiful

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oleana is "beautiful on the outside, ugly on the inside."

And yes, garbodor is a good boi

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I still remember someone making up a story about how Garbodor was actually her first friend when she was a dirt poor child, but I don't believe that canon.

But I think it has more to do with her being a scientist first and foremost. While she has a bunch of feminine Pokemon which reflects that yes she's a woman with beautiful Pokemon, there's also one that's the subject of her research, especially when it comes to gigantamaxing.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Nessa posted:

IMO the weirdest thing is that gym leaders randomly show up in the postgame overworld and serve zero purpose. They don't give you poo poo, you can't battle them, they're just there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yahallo

i havent been able to get a second kubfu or a ghost horse or the other new golem on gts i wonder if they actually did crack down on hacked mons

Mizuti
Jan 28, 2007

What a singularly inappropriate moment you've chosen to assert your pedantry.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i havent been able to get a second kubfu or a ghost horse or the other new golem on gts i wonder if they actually did crack down on hacked mons
They definitely cracked down on the hacked Pokémon with url nicknames. Those can no longer be traded on Pokémon Home and I wouldn't be surprised if they're barred from in-game trading as well.

I traded away legit (raid exploit) shinies and got a whole bunch of those in return. Now they're effectively bricked.

Blaziken386
Jun 26, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flopsy posted:

For the fashionata among us the DLC introduces apricorns so you can get your hands on rare balls. Granted it took 1,998 yellow apricorns for me to get 5 moon balls and I had the Gaming Gods smiling down on me for that result.
i'm still mad that they went "ohohoh, we'll have a new way to get apricorn balls in the DLC~" as an incentive to get people to buy it, but it turned out the new way to get them was to grind for hours so that you could beg the RNG gods to roll the 0.1% chance required for them

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Again and forever, the solution is to edit your saves

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Zuzie posted:

I still remember someone making up a story about how Garbodor was actually her first friend when she was a dirt poor child, but I don't believe that canon.

Wasn’t that from Twilight Wings? Which means it is canon.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Mymla posted:

Are there any decent romhacks that do this?

I haven't played them, but I've heard good things about Dio Vento's romhacks for the 3DS games. The main feature is that every single trainer is tuned for higher difficulty, but there are quite a few changes overall. Here's how he leads off about the Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon mods:

quote:

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game’s challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers’ teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn’t need to grind to equal that!

As I said, there are a lot of changes, and they're all outlined on each mod's site: Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire, Nova Sun and Umbra Moon, Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

i'm still mad that they went "ohohoh, we'll have a new way to get apricorn balls in the DLC~" as an incentive to get people to buy it, but it turned out the new way to get them was to grind for hours so that you could beg the RNG gods to roll the 0.1% chance required for them

Because they loving know their audience the bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Again and forever, the solution is to edit your saves