Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

haha, sorry. I went through a phase of trying to breed the perfect shiny bounsweet (never managed to make one) So now I have a box full of perfect IV Adamant Bounsweets in loveballs (I used to have even more, but i wonder traded them away a few Christmases ago)

And Well Heck, if you're giving me an excuse to be greedy:

May i have the shiny Articuno? And one of the shiny Mews

Edit:

Oh wait you're gone for the night, N/M!

Alright! But this is my last service for the night! I hafta sleep LOL

Lemmie me log in.

edit: I'll do it tomorrow Zzzz.....

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Flopsy posted:

If a love ball is possible that would great if not it's still fine with me. :)

It's really not, but I did catch the mom in a luxury ball.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I gotta say the hot foot rabbit has really grown on me.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I gotta say the hot foot rabbit has really grown on me.

the ears are the main thing that lets it down imo. should be more ear like and less hair feather things

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://mobile.twitter.com/CynicalPlant/status/1100872135625662464

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Burger Nidoking Foot Fungus

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm glad the love for the starters seems to be overpowering the "they have the same head shape so they are creatively bankrupt" crowd. They are good.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

all the starters are pretty good this time around, can't wait for their evolutions to ruin everything

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Scorbunny
Firabbit
Flarelip

Sobble
Cryguana

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

hot take: scorbunny's evo should be fire/fairy for the bean sídhe/banshee pun potential

Also every town should have a distinct but uniquely incomprehensible accent :britain:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sjs00 posted:

Sobble
Cryguana

Depressie

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sobble evolving into the Loch Ness Monster suddenly might make a ton of sense.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sobble is my precious boy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Like Clockwork posted:

hot take: scorbunny's evo should be fire/fairy for the bean sídhe/banshee pun potential

the rabbit should evolve into a gross fat uncle like diggersby. ten thousand guinnesses later, he just lies around scratching his flaming rear end all day

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
What is Sobble exactly? For the life of me I can't parse him. I can't tell if he's supposed to be a lizard or a tadpole or a fish or whatever and the names not helping because I can' figure it out either other than maybe Sob-Bubble.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

galagazombie posted:

What is Sobble exactly? For the life of me I can't parse him. I can't tell if he's supposed to be a lizard or a tadpole or a fish or whatever and the names not helping because I can' figure it out either other than maybe Sob-Bubble.

its a chameleon. the two pronged claws and curled tail are very common for cartoony chameleons, plus is french name is basically Crymeleon. People are theorizing it to evolve into a stealth sniper or something

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 28, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And it's shown being invisible in the fountain. Though I'm still betting it evolves into the Loch Ness Monster, being an aquatic reptile with a knack for disappearing. (though I imagine they'll have Lapras swimming around in a lake up north)

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

galagazombie posted:

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
here's my bold prediction: the rabbit will turn into something cool that's not fire/fighting, but in its place the disappointing typing quota will be met by sobble's line staying mono-water

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

The White Dragon posted:

the rabbit should evolve into a gross fat uncle like diggersby. ten thousand guinnesses later, he just lies around scratching his flaming rear end all day

consider: gross fat uncle rabbit leprechaun

can't even make a full pair of shoes, a shameful rabbit

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Zyxyz posted:

here's my bold prediction: the rabbit will turn into something cool that's not fire/fighting, but in its place the disappointing typing quota will be met by sobble's line staying mono-water

It's mono grass mono water fire fighting mate

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Water lizard all the way.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

I love this. Do you know who the artist is and if they've done similar drawings of other Pokémon?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I love this. Do you know who the artist is and if they've done similar drawings of other Pokémon?

It's http://dunesand.tumblr.com, don't think they have done more pokemon in that style but they do have a bit of pokeart

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
OK so here are my thoughts! I know everyone wants to hear them. I think Grookey, with his music theme and his stick, is going to turn into an orchestra conductor. His stick is OBVIOUSLY going to become a conductor's baton! Sbunny is cute and good and I can't wait for him to become a fire/fighting type. However, I would like to see him become a fire/flying type because not all flying types are birds AND he will learn Acrobatics which is an important skill to have when he goes for a dive. Sobble is clearly the best but I will wait until seeing third stage forms before passing judgement so I don't get burned (!) again like I was with Tepig.

I don't know what the birb will be, possibly a robin redbreast. Dog will obviously be a corgi. The Champion will use a team of six corgis.

The map we have seen is obviously oriented with south up the top and north down the bottom. The first big city is quite clearly Manchester. I asked my Grandad who is from Manchester and he said "Yes that is the Manchester Town Hall". The big metropolis up the top has the London Eye and stuff and is London. If you start at the bottom of the map and move up (ice zones are near the end and the ice zone is up the top so this is likely to be the case) it is VERY POSSIBLE that you start in the north or Scotland. Until it is conclusively proven otherwise I will assume the PCs are talking Scots throughout.

Most important speculation I think is on what the Regional Snacks will be. Profiteroles/beans were used for getting Affection through Pokemon Amie/Pokemon Refresh. Status restore snacks such as Lava Cookies are also a staple. In my opinion the snacks should be chip butties and black pudding. You could slightly modify the bean icon into little sausages and you are halfway done. Another alternative is a nice hearty chicken tikka masala (chicken pokka masala/pokken tikka masala??). It is served with a pint, non alcoholic of course.

Gym battles will be replaced with soccer matches.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 28, 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:stare:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That monkey's hair stick is going to turn into a staff and we're gonna get (another) Sun Wukong, I'm sure of it.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That monkey's hair stick is going to turn into a staff and we're gonna get (another) Sun Wukong, I'm sure of it.

Nah he's got a music theme going on with his other names (groove-monkey in English) so he's probably going to become a drummer or something boring instead of my vastly superior idea.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

First I bang the drum
Then I bang your mum (with this gun)

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

First I bang the drum
Then I bang your mum (with this gun)

Gun removed from Western releases of the game.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Nah he's got a music theme going on with his other names (groove-monkey in English) so he's probably going to become a drummer or something boring instead of my vastly superior idea.

Hey! If you think a punk rock drummer monkey is a worse idea than some snooty conductor monkey then.....actually, both of those monkeys sound pretty cool.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Monkey is the drummer, lizard is the guitarist, bunny is the singer.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey! If you think a punk rock drummer monkey is a worse idea than some snooty conductor monkey then.....actually, both of those monkeys sound pretty cool.

What if stage 2 is a punk rock drummer monkey and stage 3 is a snooty conductor monkey or vice versa?

Or branching evolutions which utilise the new societal class mechanic. If you send your monkey to a posh grammar school he becomes a snooty conductor, if not he makes a cool punk band with his mates.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I'm here to poke at mons

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This will be the first gen where every starter has fighting as a second type

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm here to poke at mons

Weird, everyone lately seems to want to mon at pokes instead, despite no one being too sure of how to do it.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

This will be the first gen where every starter has fighting as a second type

This will finally be the gen where third types are introduced (they were planning it with G7, Incineroar Fire/Dark/Fighting Primarina Water/Fairy/Ice Bigowl Grass/Ghost/Flying but couldn't due to budget restraints) so they will all have fighting as their third type. Sbunny will be Fire/Flying/Fighting, so he can learn Acrobatics so he can go for a dive while footballing.

e: also the new Sound type will be introduced for Groovy Monkey, Grass/Sound/Fighting. It will be retroactively applied like Fairy to Jigglypuff, Whismur, and moves like Growl and Howl.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm here to poke at mons

I think you're looking for the monpoke thread.