Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Pokemon are so versatile that you could put them in almost any medium and it still works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is the cutest thing Pokemon has done in a long while and I hope we get more like it because I just have the biggest grin on my face now, this is so, so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u909_O6CqYc

I;m thinking about thos beans

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That's so adorable.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

Pokemon are so versatile that you could put them in almost any medium and it still works.

How amazing would it be if these were cartoons in universe?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Great Burrito posted:

Hey Flopsy I’d really like the obstagoon and Charla if they’re still available for trade?

I have discord with the same username if that helps to set it up?

https://discord.gg/JjHazT

I left you a message on there but I'll paste it here as well for anybody who wants to shiny trade

My friend code is SW-6917-9642-9875 and my in game code is 3366

Best thing to do is post on here because i check regularly. I'm generally available in the evenings eastern standard time.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Flopsy posted:

I left you a message on there but I'll paste it here as well for anybody who wants to shiny trade

My friend code is SW-6917-9642-9875 and my in game code is 3366

Best thing to do is post on here because i check regularly. I'm generally available in the evenings eastern standard time.

Hey! Just missed you by a little while, I’ll also be on for awhile. Added you on switch menu and am checking the 3366 from time to time

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Great Burrito posted:

Hey! Just missed you by a little while, I’ll also be on for awhile. Added you on switch menu and am checking the 3366 from time to time

I'm online at the moment as well. I'll send it out again in a bit. What's your IGN?

edit:
pleasure trading with you!

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 5, 2020

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is the cutest thing Pokemon has done in a long while and I hope we get more like it because I just have the biggest grin on my face now, this is so, so good.

I want a whole series of these please

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Wanting to confirm, Isle of Armor stuff, is that strictly postgame? Or is that someplace you'd be able to access during the regular story?

And the returning Pokemon like Scyther, are they only on the island? Or will the expansion add them to different areas of the main map as well?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Blaze Dragon posted:

This is extremely blessed and I hope they do more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
And here's Twilight Wings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liZuy6ufYMs

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love super nerd Oleana and I wish we got more of that in the games, would've helped her as a character a lot.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Honestly this didn't really land for me, didn't really have any manic kind of feel to it, it was a little stilted and I think the funniest thing out of it was the part that's gonna get turned into a boner meme gif in a day

E: The bit where he ducks in and out from the train poles was great tho

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 5, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s a pity that Twilight Wings will be over in another two episodes as in my opinion it’s probably the best thing the anime has produced in years (even the dub is great). I just wish it was longer and lasted about the length of a normal episode. I’m also hoping for a Marnie episode before all is said and done.

I’m curious if the English cast for the SwSh group will reprise their roles in the main anime as well or if they’ll wind up going with someone else.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Idk why this makes me so viscerally uncomfortable seeing Pokemon animated in a Western style. it's like when you see the family guy characters animated in an anime style.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Kvlt! posted:

Idk why this makes me so viscerally uncomfortable seeing Pokemon animated in a Western style. it's like when you see the family guy characters animated in an anime style.

I suggest putting all things Seth Macfarlane from your mind, friend, and enjoying this extremely wholesome cartoon which is very good and thus actually quite dissimilar to Family Guy.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Just not my thing personally but I'm glad others are enjoying it!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kvlt! posted:

I deffo felt that in a few cuts but i loved that strange feeling. They keep the style mostly on point but some bits just looked off.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Twilight Wings is fantastic because it scratches my itch of "what's normal life like in the Pokemon world?" that the main anime doesn't do for me. More stuff like this that focuses on people and Pokemon other than Ash and his adventure is great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Twilight Wings is fantastic because it scratches my itch of "what's normal life like in the Pokemon world?" that the main anime doesn't do for me. More stuff like this that focuses on people and Pokemon other than Ash and his adventure is great.

Which is why I’m kind of sad this is only going to be a 7 episode miniseries as you could pretty much do an entire side anime based solely on this concept (hell, you don’t even have to limit it to just the Galar region for that matter).

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

BearDrivingTruck posted:

It’s a lot of what I hoped the anime would be. I think most have long since lost interest in Ash’s endless journey, but the world could be fascinating when done justice.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I am watching the 4th episode right now and when Chairman Rose lings into Nessa that was way too creepy and I kind of feel like the animation and the meaning of that lean in didn't quite match the text/dialogue.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 5, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Id deffo be down for a 1 or 2 cour anime of twilight wings. Galar has enough personality for a proper sports anime story.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

Id deffo be down for a 1 or 2 cour anime of twilight wings. Galar has enough personality for a proper sports anime story.

Twilight wings is everything I've ever wanted from the anime and it's painful it's so short.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Twilight wings is made to round out and write in character writing and personality to a game desperately lacking in it.

Pokemon kingsglaive is not good and I'll take 40 Guzma focused tournament arcs over it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The reason it can be so good is that it's produced as a commercial for Sword and Shield. The anime does exist and all, but that's more general awareness of the Pokemon brand than one specific thing. It's no different than how the Black 2/White 2 or ORAS trailers also served to advertise their games.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Really not feeling that Looney Tunes bit. I like the idea in concept, but not execution.

Twilight Wings is great though. Oleanowns

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hi friends, I finally bought Pokémon sword, 7 months after the fact. I’m excited to start it tonight. That’s my Pokémon story thanks for listening

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I wish you well on your Pokeman journey :^)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

the_steve posted:

Wanting to confirm, Isle of Armor stuff, is that strictly postgame? Or is that someplace you'd be able to access during the regular story?

And the returning Pokemon like Scyther, are they only on the island? Or will the expansion add them to different areas of the main map as well?

We have no idea how you access the DLC but I would guess it’s at least late game, if not postgame. And yeah the new Pokémon will almost certainly only be on the island.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I do have one question before I start. Is there a setting to turn on or off (exp share?) or something to do or not do so that I don’t just steamroll the game? I feel like in Let’s Go, I just walked all over everyone and it was a little boring after a while.

I know it’s a Pokémon game and it will never be crazy difficult but I just don’t want to be death incarnate right away

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I do have one question before I start. Is there a setting to turn on or off (exp share?) or something to do or not do so that I don’t just steamroll the game? I feel like in Let’s Go, I just walked all over everyone and it was a little boring after a while.

I know it’s a Pokémon game and it will never be crazy difficult but I just don’t want to be death incarnate right away

Sadly, there isn't. EXP share is baked in.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Nope, they've removed the option to turn off the EXP Share/All/Whatever.

I personally rotated through like three teams of Pokemon until towards the end to keep myself from getting overlevelled and found there to be a little bit of challenge to some of the Gym fights in that way, and it was nice to be able to experience more of the new Pokemon that way, but it also meant that they didn't feel as much like "my guys" until the end.

I did find myself enjoying the game more than I expected by doing it that way

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Thanks to the Wild Areas, SwSh is actually probably the easiest game to grind levels quickly in since Red/Blue. Also, EXP Share unfortunately cannot be turned off.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The game expects you to rotate pokemon, and there's a lot of great pokemon that makes doing that far more manageable, especially since you can swap them out on the fly in the Wild Area (Although it doesn't heal them, as far as I know)

Also if you get a Wooloo with Run Away, you can basically explore the entire Wild Area (at least places that aren't explicitly gated off until plot progression is met) and get some great loot really early on in terms of items

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

RatHat posted:

We have no idea how you access the DLC but I would guess it’s at least late game, if not postgame. And yeah the new Pokémon will almost certainly only be on the island.

i went to check this last night and it's either "we have no idea" or "you just need to have reached the wild area"

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I just pre-bought the DLC and the prompt for it is gone from my second account's file-- does that mean that one purchase of the DLC bundle covers all accounts on a single Switch?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it should cover all users if its the primary switch for that store account yeah

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly this didn't really land for me, didn't really have any manic kind of feel to it, it was a little stilted and I think the funniest thing out of it was the part that's gonna get turned into a boner meme gif in a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I literally made a reply saying I also liked that 2 pages after, oddium! :mad: