Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got a hacked Urshifu wonder trading breeding rejects which I actually don't want to keep. Might as well give some GTS dumb trade their dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got a hacked Urshifu wonder trading breeding rejects which I actually don't want to keep. Might as well give some GTS dumb trade their dream

I got two. Both variations from Machamps.com.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I've been playing a bit while I do other things and just looking around for max raid battles and I keep seeing locked battles with legendaries show up in my feed; stuff like Zacian, Lunala, Eternatus, and I'm pretty sure Zarude has shown up once judging by the silouette.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside! posted:

At this point I'd just get anything I need from the oaks lab twitch stream, gently caress it.

I tried this yesterday to get an extra Zacian. It tried to send me one with completely wrong stats, and a wrong nature compared to what I copy pasted. And then when I took a few seconds to scroll through the summary page to check, I got an error that it disconnected. And then the twitch chat had a message that said I took too long. Sorry about wasting 5 seconds of your life, twitch bot :shrug:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

At this point I'd just get anything I need from the oaks lab twitch stream, gently caress it.

Is it back up? I checked a week or so ago so I could get a second Urshifu without running through everything again and it was down. I mean, it's not like I need anything from it now, but it's a nice safety net in case I accidentally delete/trade something I need.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Filthy Haiku posted:

I've been playing a bit while I do other things and just looking around for max raid battles and I keep seeing locked battles with legendaries show up in my feed; stuff like Zacian, Lunala, Eternatus, and I'm pretty sure Zarude has shown up once judging by the silouette.
I was googling yesterday to see if there was any more info on zarude's release, and found where some of those are coming from. There's a guy running ebay auctions for hacked raids. Buy the auction, get a link code for a raid that gives you a masterball, 999 of a bunch of vitamins and stuff, and a chance to catch the hacked raid 'mon.

Of course, there are reports of people getting 2 month bans for merely participating in hacked raids.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Soysaucebeast posted:

Is it back up? I checked a week or so ago so I could get a second Urshifu without running through everything again and it was down. I mean, it's not like I need anything from it now, but it's a nice safety net in case I accidentally delete/trade something I need.

Yeah it came back like a week after the DLC was out I want to say? It's definitely up and running, in any event.

Hrist posted:

I tried this yesterday to get an extra Zacian. It tried to send me one with completely wrong stats, and a wrong nature compared to what I copy pasted. And then when I took a few seconds to scroll through the summary page to check, I got an error that it disconnected. And then the twitch chat had a message that said I took too long. Sorry about wasting 5 seconds of your life, twitch bot :shrug:

I've pulled probably double digits of pokemen through it and never had an issue so no idea what happened for you there, sorry guy :shrug:

It validates to filter out illegal stats/moves/balls/shinies etc so maybe you screwed something up in the generation?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I've pulled probably double digits of pokemen through it and never had an issue so no idea what happened for you there, sorry guy :shrug:

It validates to filter out illegal stats/moves/balls/shinies etc so maybe you screwed something up in the generation?

I made sure to set the drop down thing to adamant. And had the normal number of EVs and stuff. All the moves were from the level up set. And I didn't even see how to pick the ball it's in. It also had no "caught at this location" info when I saw that page. So something had to be wrong with it. Maybe it generates after it goes through the trade? I dunno.

It's not a big deal, either way. I just wanted GTS fodder.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The penultimate episode of Twilight Wings is out:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CIxj6cUMm7M

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Go and Ash have a Farfetch'd each. Finally the appropriate amount of DUX in this show.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just me or are Pokemon outfits more boring now? Used to be an oddly specific yet varied style of what I might call 'hiking store chic', now it's a little too normal.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Go and Ash have a Farfetch'd each. Finally the appropriate amount of DUX in this show.

Which one gets the cool one with a giant anime sword?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Which one gets the cool one with a giant anime sword?

Go's Farfetch'd is the Kanto version that can't evolve so I'm gonna guess Ash.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

They are taking their sweet time introducing the other starters. Sorry, Grookey and Sobble, but we need Double DUX before you two get acknowledged.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Geostomp posted:

They are taking their sweet time introducing the other starters. Sorry, Grookey and Sobble, but we need Double DUX before you two get acknowledged.

Galar in general seems like kind of a low priority for this series right now. Though with Twilight Wings ending soon that could possibly change before long.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sobble was in this exact episode

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Where can you watch those?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Where can you watch those?

Twilight Wings is available on the official YouTube channel:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQWzKIaERirwfvHB3m8CjnTK6ZzNA8wvJ

The main anime is fansubbed but I forget if the group doing it has a website. You can probably find it by searching around though or if all else fails try streaming sites like Kissanime and the like.

The dub of the current season is on Netflix I believe but it’s only a few episodes in at the moment.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Let's be real. They're drip-feeding in occasional Galar stuff... but this is a Pokemon Go season, not a Sword/Shield season.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
All I need left to complete the new Isle Dex is a Porygon Z, and Slowking. And Zarude if that's necessary.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 6, 2020

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

do u believe in marigolds posted:

And Zarude if that's necessary.

Nah, I completed my Isle of Armor dex without it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

BlazetheInferno posted:

Let's be real. They're drip-feeding in occasional Galar stuff... but this is a Pokemon Go season, not a Sword/Shield season.

Eternatus made a cameo earlier in the season so we’re likely getting an adaptation of that plotline later down the line at least.

It’s possible that Marnie and the other gym leaders could show up in some capacity as well (not sure about Team Yell but I could honestly take or leave those guys).

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Larryb posted:

Eternatus made a cameo earlier in the season so we’re likely getting an adaptation of that plotline later down the line at least.

It’s possible that Marnie and the other gym leaders could show up in some capacity as well (not sure about Team Yell but I could honestly take or leave those guys).

This is one time the anime couldn’t help but improve the obligatory Legendary battle. Even if it was done in two episodes, it’d still be a step up from the game’s version.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We're deffo getting some galar storyline stuff. This ep had Sonia debut and everyone wonder if the Hero of Galar from the statue was real, and pointing out that Leon was raised by Rose.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Damnit, missed the shiny Zera due to time zone differences. I really don't know why it can't be local time, considering you can only get one regardless of clock shenanigans.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Dienes posted:

Damnit, missed the shiny Zera due to time zone differences. I really don't know why it can't be local time, considering you can only get one regardless of clock shenanigans.

I totally forgot about it too.

Welp.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

This is one time the anime couldn’t help but improve the obligatory Legendary battle. Even if it was done in two episodes, it’d still be a step up from the game’s version.

True dat but if they get rid of Marnie and Piers accents I'm going to be pissed.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

There's a weirdass silhouette of a trevanent and Cthulhu on my raid feed and I really don't like it. wtf....

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Larryb posted:

The penultimate episode of Twilight Wings is out:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CIxj6cUMm7M

This was adorable, I really wish they were making more of these.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Flopsy posted:

True dat but if they get rid of Marnie and Piers accents I'm going to be pissed.

TPCI isn't going to shell out the money to get people with authentic accents to voice them, nor is the voice director going to coach them through an english accent (or more thzn one take), so prepare for yet more ill-fitting american accents

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone else notice Lampent hovering above the hospital?

I know that is the thing it does, but for a feel good moment that kind of makes it a little depressing.

The art style for these videos are fantastic.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
It's weird how sinister Ghost-types tend to be, at least if you treat the Pokedex entries as reliable. Despite the Dark type literally being the Evil type in Japanese, the Pokedex entries for Dark-type Pokemon tend to be something along the lines of "It's not evil, just misunderstood," while the Ghost-type entries tend to be about how they murder children in cold blood.

The anime mostly ignores this side of Ghost-types, with the exception of that one BW episode I wrote about :

Silver2195 posted:

The episode "Scare at the Litwick Mansion" (BW026) really stood out to me (despite the similarities to "Tower of Terror," "Take This House and Shuppet," etc.) because it's the first time I can remember that Pokemon in the anime straight up try to murder humans in cold blood. There's a similar plot of a ghost trying to murder a human in "Ghoul Daze" (DP090), but there it's specifically the non-Pokemon ghost trying to kill Angie, while the Ghost-type Pokemon Dusknoir tries to save her. The Litwick trying to kill everybody was in keeping with the way the Pokedex tends to portray Ghost-types in the games, but the anime is usually careful to avoid going in that direction.

Speaking of which, I haven't touched the anime in a long time. Maybe I'll start watching it again soon.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

TPCI isn't going to shell out the money to get people with authentic accents to voice them, nor is the voice director going to coach them through an english accent (or more thzn one take), so prepare for yet more ill-fitting american accents

I've been spoiled by good dubs in various other media (Dragon Quest) so i'll flat out say it, even the very best pokemon dubs are mediocre and bland.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

I've been spoiled by good dubs in various other media (Dragon Quest) so i'll flat out say it, even the very best pokemon dubs are mediocre and bland.

Despite the fact that everyone has American accents I actually thought the Twilight Wings dub was really good and wish that studio would be allowed to handle the main anime.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

Despite the fact that everyone has American accents I actually thought the Twilight Wings dub was really good and wish that studio would be allowed to handle the main anime.

They do that thing where very young children are voiced by 30 year old women and personally I don't care for it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flopsy posted:

They do that thing where very young children are voiced by 30 year old women and personally I don't care for it.

All but a handful of cartoon regardless of origin have been doing that for many, many years now though. It’s mostly because actual young boys eventually hit puberty and can’t do the voice anymore so it’s cheaper to just have a woman do it rather than keep swapping out the voice actor a bunch (especially in the case of long running shows where the child characters aren’t allowed to age).

Also the kids in Twilight Wings are voiced by adult women in the Japanese version too.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 8, 2020

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Alternatively, we end up with Tails in Sonic Adventure 1, 2 and Heroes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Alternatively, we end up with Tails in Sonic Adventure 1, 2 and Heroes.

Or shows like Hey Arnold and Gumball that went through at least three different VA’s for the same kid over their entire run.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Flopsy posted:

30 year old women don’t go through puberty randomly. It’s sort of a necessity if you want to retain the tone of the character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Everyone’s gonna buy their products anyways