Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

RatHat posted:

Ugh why Clefable. It has a disgustingly low catch rate.

I thought max raids were all just 50%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I don't understand link trades. I've traded with 2 people and the other ~20 trades kept showing me shinies and quitting when I offered nothing but 5 IV starters and eiscues. Is link trading all people just looking to swap shinies? I don't have any shinies. :( I just want some previous gen starters since importing them is too much trouble. Dumped half a box of 4-5 IV starter breeding rejects into wonder trades and got a squirtle so at least not a total loss.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rick posted:

I thought max raids were all just 50%.

Non-event max raids have a guaranteed catch for the host and normal catch rate for everyone else. Event raids typically have either the standard catch rate for everyone or are manipulated to have a specific catch rate for whatever they throw in there.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I was so hoping this would be the RNG-tampered 6 IV ditto I always wanted. It was not, but kudos to a multinational effort in being cheesy. (Ditto can't transform)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Found a shiny Clefable in my first raid :stare:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
How is it possible to breed a 5 IV pokemon w/ destiny knot & a 4 IV pokemon w/ no item and get 2 IV offspring?

If destiny knot means 5 IV are passed from that parent I should be getting 4 IV or better offspring. Clearly that is not the mechanic.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1307303071869997057?s=19

It's time for Pikachu to be held accountable for his crimes.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Sanctum posted:

How is it possible to breed a 5 IV pokemon w/ destiny knot & a 4 IV pokemon w/ no item and get 2 IV offspring?

If destiny knot means 5 IV are passed from that parent I should be getting 4 IV or better offspring. Clearly that is not the mechanic.

The Destiny Knot means 5 IVs are being passed from a combination of the parents. So one IV on the offspring is random, 3 are the dump IVs from your parents, and 2 are perfect from the parents.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gruckles posted:

I forget, did Porygon or its evolutions ever show up in the anime again after that episode?

If not, I’m not sure why since the infamous seizure inducing scene of said episode was entirely Pikachu’s fault.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Larryb posted:

I forget, did Porygon or its evolutions ever show up in the anime again after that episode?

If not, I’m not sure why since the infamous seizure inducing scene of said episode was entirely Pikachu’s fault.

Nope, the Porygon line has been un-personed in the anime.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Gruckles posted:

I'm shocked to see the official account make this joke.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ChaosArgate posted:

Nope, the Porygon line has been un-personed in the anime.

Yeah, they have a single appearance in a group shot during one of the movies and have otherwise never been within a hundred feet of the anime

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Sanctum posted:

If the 4 IVs on the second mon are a subset of the 5 on the first, then it isn't possible; you would be guaranteed at least 3 perfect IVs (but you'd also have a hard time getting to 6 if that's what you want).

If only 3 IVs overlap, then you are guaranteed at least 2 IVs.

here is a diagram for you to illustrate how this works.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If I keep throwing wishing pieces in a den will I eventually get a shiny Clefable?

Edit: I got a 4* one but I guess only 5* have the higher shiny rate

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If I keep throwing wishing pieces in a den will I eventually get a shiny Clefable?

It's honestly easier to just jump on other people's raids, catch rate be damned

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Only 2%

More specifically, 2% of dens that are rolling on the "wild area news" table and have rolled 5 stars. So somewhere south of 2/3 of a percent of dens.

Bulbapedia and Serebii both have pages listing all the pokemon in the events that are on, but neither of them gives the "number of wild-area-news dens" parameter... and while Bulbapedia explains the mechanics of wild area events, it doesn't explain what happens when there are 2 on at once, like at the moment.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Hammerite posted:

and while Bulbapedia explains the mechanics of wild area events, it doesn't explain what happens when there are 2 on at once, like at the moment.

Every previous time a new event has started while a longer one is ongoing, it's overridden the previous one for its duration; I haven't played this weekend but I'd assume this is the same.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

1st Stage Midboss posted:

Every previous time a new event has started while a longer one is ongoing, it's overridden the previous one for its duration; I haven't played this weekend but I'd assume this is the same.

I found a den where I had a 5-star Ferrothorn today, which I assume is from the ongoing month-long event. But I only got the wild area news today, so maybe there is some funny business where today's dens were generated and then a few got overridden with the new event when I got the news but the others stayed the same...?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

mfcrocker posted:

It's honestly easier to just jump on other people's raids, catch rate be damned

Do repeat balls work in raids?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Humerus posted:

Do repeat balls work in raids?

I believe so yes. It's now thought that dusk balls don't work unless it is actually dusk.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New promo poster for the anime:

https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1307591578228195329

Basically Koharu is getting an Eevee at some point and Go’s Scorbunny will be evolving all the away eventually.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 20, 2020

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Dracovish surrounded by a few other Pokemon that are able to match his power.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's a fairly important poster. After next week's episode, the anime will change from Sundays to Fridays. To oversimplify stuff, the anime switched to Sundays two years ago because a producer with notoriously bad decisions had been put on the anime a while before that, said producer being responsible for the cg remake movie, and that Sunday slot was ratings death and was cited as for why they should try and do less arcs.

To celebrate going back to a better timeslot they'll do a Sword And Shield month-long story arc starting October 24th. This arc kicks off when Ash hears there's gigantamax and dynamax pokemon going in a rampage in Galar, so he goes stops them with the help of Leon. Meanwhile Go goes with Sonia to figure out what's going on.

The updated OP had a visual of Ash and Go facing the dragon thing, so it's probably gonna happen with Cinderace evolving, and Ash's Riolu is likely evolving next week by defeating Bea.

Journeys has had its issues here and there, but I'm overall liking it, so i'm excited to see this shake up and how year 2 will pan out.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Played for about 3 hours today trying to get a shiny Clefable (against my better judgement - I ran the numbers in a previous post) and was about to give up when I managed to get one from another player's raid.

2% of 5-star raids is a bit stingy really. They might have at least made it 8% like the Pikachu event from a few weeks ago.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Spent a couple hours outside playing the Pokemon Go event today, and managed to catch 3 shiny porygons!

...Porygons which I cant transfer to a *real* game, because apparently nintendo never actually implemented the code to transfer from Go to Home, and I don't have a copy of LGPE to use as an intermediary :shepicide:

If you can do it with the lovely gen 1 remakes, why isn't that a baked in feature of the Home app? Wasnt that half the reason they put it on the phone?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Bing

Blaziken386 posted:

Spent a couple hours outside playing the Pokemon Go event today, and managed to catch 3 shiny porygons!

...Porygons which I cant transfer to a *real* game, because apparently nintendo never actually implemented the code to transfer from Go to Home, and I don't have a copy of LGPE to use as an intermediary :shepicide:

If you can do it with the lovely gen 1 remakes, why isn't that a baked in feature of the Home app? Wasnt that half the reason they put it on the phone?

So are there any plans to connect GO to Home?

I only keep Go on my phone so I can catch the occasional shiny. And I do like that I have a little collection of Pokémon I caught when I went travelling ‘oh that’s a Furret from x’. I would hope to keep the location in its history when it transfers eventually.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Andrew_1985 posted:

Bing

So are there any plans to connect GO to Home?

I only keep Go on my phone so I can catch the occasional shiny. And I do like that I have a little collection of Pokémon I caught when I went travelling ‘oh that’s a Furret from x’. I would hope to keep the location in its history when it transfers eventually.

There is according to the official website:

https://home.pokemon.com/en-us/move/ posted:

The Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME supports connectivity with the Nintendo Switch games Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!, and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!

Both the Nintendo Switch version and mobile device version of Pokémon HOME support connectivity with the Nintendo 3DS software Pokémon Bank.

There are plans to support Pokémon GO in the future as well.

But there's absolutely nothing on there about a timeline. I was going to wait to transfer pokemon from Go directly to Home, but got impatient and ended up getting a used copy of LGE/P to transfer them all over. Once I got everything I could (and then RECAUGHT EVERYTHING in LG) I traded LG back in. I'm still hoping the Go>Home transfers happen soonish, because I have loads of shiny/costume pokemon that can't transfer to LG that I have just chilling in Go.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Soysaucebeast posted:

I'm still hoping the Go>Home transfers happen soonish, because I have loads of shiny/costume pokemon that can't transfer to LG that I have just chilling in Go.
While I am hopeful that costume Pokemon can be transferred to HOME, I am also incredibly skeptical that they will be.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The one shiny Clefable I found broke out of my only Moon Ball. Oh well, it’s not a good shiny anyways, and my shiny Lucario got a lot of exercise against regular Clefables.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Open Marriage Night posted:

The one shiny Clefable I found broke out of my only Moon Ball. Oh well, it’s not a good shiny anyways, and my shiny Lucario got a lot of exercise against regular Clefables.

Aw, that sucks! I always try to save before using apriballs but that's hard with raids sometimes.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I still think it's ridiculous that nintendo added the ability to get more apriballs in the DLC, but the method for doing so has such a small chance of happening that they may as well not have bothered

loving monkey's paw of a developer

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

I still think it's ridiculous that nintendo added the ability to get more apriballs in the DLC, but the method for doing so has such a small chance of happening that they may as well not have bothered

I collected 999 yellow apricorns and got 4 moon balls out of it. So yeah those are actually high turn out numbers.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Blaziken386 posted:

Yesterday I got a Lure Ball and a Heavy Ball almost back to back. The odds of that happening are nuts.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

AlternateNu posted:

Non-event max raids have a guaranteed catch for the host and normal catch rate for everyone else. Event raids typically have either the standard catch rate for everyone or are manipulated to have a specific catch rate for whatever they throw in there.

This makes a lot of things make sense.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Lorak posted:

While I am hopeful that costume Pokemon can be transferred to HOME, I am also incredibly skeptical that they will be.

Recently there was change to the internal coding of GO to set a separate flag for costumed/shadow/purified Pokemon, the speculation being it's for blocking them from being transferrable to HOME.

I will be rewriting the Emerald section on Serebii.net soon. Are there any specific pages anyone wants that aren't commonly found on other websites?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
:allears:

It's the little things that make me happy.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I cannot find my LGE cartridge for the life of me - If I buy a digital copy of the game, would my save data be preserved?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dienes posted:

I cannot find my LGE cartridge for the life of me - If I buy a digital copy of the game, would my save data be preserved?

Save data for all Switch games is saved on system memory, so your save data is still there. You can verify this by looking in data management.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Save data for all Switch games is saved on system memory, so your save data is still there. You can verify this by looking in data management.

I know the save data is on the Switch, not the cartridge. I was just worried that it would treat a digital copy of the same game as a fresh install and wipe it. Sounds like I should be okay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Were ice cream cones in the Pokemon universe invented to look like Vanillites? Did humans design trashbags to look like Trubbish?