Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Oh Peony is the best - I wish he was more involved in the legendary quests because he's such a fun character, it seems like a waste to have him just stay in the inn and and judge the appearance of legendaries.

They do this with a lot of their good characters tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I never even bought Crown Tundra and what I know of Peony sounds great.

Also realizing that my favourite characters in the franchise are characters like Peony and Noland and Archie and my conclusion is that the common trend is headwear.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

I never even bought Crown Tundra and what I know of Peony sounds great.

Also realizing that my favourite characters in the franchise are characters like Peony and Noland and Archie and my conclusion is that the common trend is headwear.

Klara, Mustard and Avery are a lot of fun too. Klara and Avery are like if team rocket was actually put in the game to be your rivals. They have some the very BEST hilarious expressions and dialogue (giant hams the both of them) while Mustard is a weirdly adorable old champion. He's like the grandpa we all wish we had but instead of strawberry candy he gives you a kung fu bear to love.

It drives me a little nuts because I find myself wanting more from the characters we got but the story writers are so goddamn incompetent on implementing them!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Guys, Let’s Go and Sinnoh rhyme, that’s why the person picked them. It was poeticism.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Facebook Memories tells me that today is the 5th anniversary of completing my dex for the first time. I really need to play Crown Tundra to finish off the ones I'm missing: both new regis and ice horse.

I also have work to do on the Galarian forms of Slowbro/Slowking and the legendary birds.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

Facebook Memories tells me that today is the 5th anniversary of completing my dex for the first time. I really need to play Crown Tundra to finish off the ones I'm missing: both new regis and ice horse.

I also have work to do on the Galarian forms of Slowbro/Slowking and the legendary birds.

If you need any of the Galarica items give me a ring. I've got literally 900 branches of the stuff.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Flopsy posted:

If you need any of the Galarica items give me a ring. I've got literally 900 branches of the stuff.

I may take you up on that when I have time to do some trades. I don't know how much I have on hand myself. :effort:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

A good chunk of the time spent in the wild areas are collecting all the shiny things off the ground. You'll end up with way more money and items then you'll know what to do with.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Zuzie posted:

A good chunk of the time spent in the wild areas are collecting all the shiny things off the ground. You'll end up with way more money and items then you'll know what to do with.

To piggy back off this, if you do find yourself running low on cash, convert your watts into luxury balls en mass then sell them. Easy 2-3 million.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I went through the Star Tournament with an all Fighting type team, paired with Marnie.

Teddy the Bewear
Daphne the Pangoro
Luke the Lucario
Lancelot the Gallade
Pietro the Mienshao
Phoenix the Blaziken

I lost on the first attempt due to Leon’s Charizard, but we beat him the second time around since Marnie still had Grimmsnarl.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nessa posted:

I went through the Star Tournament with an all Fighting type team, paired with Marnie.

Teddy the Bewear
Daphne the Pangoro
Luke the Lucario
Lancelot the Gallade
Pietro the Mienshao
Phoenix the Blaziken

I lost on the first attempt due to Leon’s Charizard, but we beat him the second time around since Marnie still had Grimmsnarl.

What level were your mons?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Flopsy posted:

What level were your mons?

They were between 59 and 82, but most were low 70’s.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nessa posted:

They were between 59 and 82, but most were low 70’s.

Yeah, with Leon you need to be over leveled or he tends to kick the poo poo out of people. Not a bad trait in a champion but frustrating if you're not prepared for it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Apparently Pokemon influencers are getting boxes of chocolate from The Pokemon Company.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/lry1we/seems_like_influencers_are_getting_chocolates/

It's happening. :colbert:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MF7LgQ-NWg

Post Malone - Only Wanna Be With You (Pokémon 25th Anniversary)

Samples music from Cianwood City (Pokemon Gold/Silver)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MF7LgQ-NWg

Post Malone - Only Wanna Be With You (Pokémon 25th Anniversary)

Samples music from Cianwood City (Pokemon Gold/Silver)

I leave the franchise for 1 generation and this is what they start doing? what in the gently caress.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The anniversary is themed around music. Post Malone is doing a Pokemon themed concert this weekend, Katy Perry is involved with the anniversary somehow, and they plan on announcing more music stuff throughout the year.

EDIT: They're also giving out an event Pikachu that knows Sing and the Pokemon channel on the official website is going to airing a marathon of music-themed episodes at some point, too.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vandar posted:

The anniversary is themed around music. Post Malone is doing a Pokemon themed concert this weekend, Katy Perry is involved with the anniversary somehow, and they plan on announcing more music stuff throughout the year.

EDIT: They're also giving out an event Pikachu that knows Sing and the Pokemon channel on the official website is going to airing a marathon of music-themed episodes at some point, too.

Can they at least release Piers song already? The guy is a rockstar and if they're theming a celebration around music it feels tone deaf just to let that opportunity slide.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Piers is the biggest evidence Sword/Shield was originally going to have voice acting but it was cut for whatever reason. His silent "singing" is so bizarre.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wonder if maybe they'll rework Gen 4 contests as concerts where you get to mess around with the music your pokemon dance to

ForteanMan
Jun 3, 2020

Pokemon Presents coming tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1364923130238623746?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh no. It’s happening.

ForteanMan
Jun 3, 2020

And the Pikachu with the move Sing is up now too. Password to Download is P25MUS1C.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-a-showstopping-pikachu-in-pokemon-sword-or-pokemon-shield/

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I didn't watch the video, but judging by the title of it I really hope it is a Hootie and the Blowfish cover.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Flopsy posted:

Yeah, with Leon you need to be over leveled or he tends to kick the poo poo out of people. Not a bad trait in a champion but frustrating if you're not prepared for it.

When I beat the main game, I eventually had to put a Lapras on my team just to get past Cindeace.

Did a Poison type run and paired with Hop.

Bela the Crobat lv 77
Terrence the Tentacruel lv 79
Salandra the Salazzle lv 63
Dom the Venusaur lv 77
Nigel the Toxicroak lv 70 ( didn’t see use)
Pamela the Roserade lv 77 (didn’t see use)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Mesadoram posted:

I didn't watch the video, but judging by the title of it I really hope it is a Hootie and the Blowfish cover.

It is

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Hoothoot and the Qwilfish

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I guess he's tapping into that "songs you heard in car while playing Pokemon" market?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Violet_Sky posted:

I guess he's tapping into that "songs you heard in car while playing Pokemon" market?

Yeah, that song is 3 years older than pokemon red and blue itself. That song was on oldies stations when members of pokemon's target market were conceived, I do not understand this cross marketing decision :psyduck:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Post Malone just picked a song out of a hat.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Can't wait for people to get very mad about Let's Go Marill and Let's Go Togepi

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Procrastine posted:

I've been trying to think what the Let's Go Pokemon would be for a Johto game and hoenstly I think you'd be bang-on with Pikablu Marill and Togepi :hmmyes:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

Fantastic, a whole new generation of kids that will never get that song out of their head.

Zuzie posted:

Hoothoot and the Qwilfish

:hmmyes:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

If this is a Sinnoh remake and it’s Let’s Go style I personally will be fine with it, but I will very much enjoy drinking the tears of the masses.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Procrastine posted:

If they actually make Let’s Go Marill I will never complain about a Pokémon game ever again. Marill is my favorite.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

If this is a Sinnoh remake and it’s Let’s Go style I personally will be fine with it, but I will very much enjoy drinking the tears of the masses.

Fun as this may be I don't think that's happening. I mean why would they skip over two generations just to do that? Also nintendo has a history of meticulously recreating their classics right down to unpopular game mechanics.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

This is blindingly obvious, folks...
Post Malone x Katy Perry x Bump of Chicken collaboration

Don't forget September's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoZ0Zwab6Oc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope it's just a bunch of 3D remakes.

I'm fully in the Nuzlocke sauce atm

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Just finished a Normal type tournament run paired with Allister.

Ripley the Heliolisk lv 74
Penny the Cinccino lv 72
Leela the Porygon Z lv 70
Teddy the Bewear lv 80
Magdalena the Dubwool lv 77
Tyrion the Persian lv 54 (only swapped in to revive someone else)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2005

Nessa posted:

Just finished a Normal type tournament run paired with Allister.

Ripley the Heliolisk lv 74
Penny the Cinccino lv 72
Leela the Porygon Z lv 70
Teddy the Bewear lv 80
Magdalena the Dubwool lv 77
Tyrion the Persian lv 54 (only swapped in to revive someone else)

Nice work. Do you have a rationale for picking a partner or are you just winging it?