Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

RatHat posted:

You can only evolve Meltan in Go so...

You get a melmetal in home from transferring something from go to home. So just transfer a Meltan and receive a g Max melmetal for free. No need to farm 400 go candy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Bobulus posted:

So, you know how Crown Tundra lets you get legendaries in your trainer ID, and you can do it at any level?

Can someone explain this? How do I get a legendary based on my Trainer ID?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Don't remember where I read it but in my head it's December 11th, so probably Friday, yeah

I am signed up and have the box checked but looking through my email history I never get emails from them so I don't think I'll get this one either :rip:

I'm in the same boat as you. I guess we're not important enough.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

PM sent for the farfetch'd! I love that silly Pokemon.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Yeah...s'what I've been doing along with endless dynamax adventures. Unfortunately I get suck with dum dums more often than not.

This is the hard mode of Pokemon. Overcoming dum dums

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

In addition to the certificate, since 2012 completing the pokedex gives you the Shiny Charm, which increases the likelihood of encountering a shiny pokemon.

I have multiple crowns.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Regardless of what it looks like I will purchase and play both the remake and Legends Day 1 because lol pokemon owns.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I'm amazed at the level of attention you guys pay to the story of a Pokemon game. I rarely retain the story/characters because I only want to catch cool things and win battles.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

The Last Call posted:

Got another code from a package at Ebgames with a code for Pokemon Shield/Sword for a Shiny Toxtricity.

Anyone want that one?

First one to ask gets it, feel free to message me as well if you are so I can send it to you ASAP.

Yes please!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Imagine playing Pokemon with the sound on

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

apparently both BDSP and Legends have physical preorder bonuses when you get them from pokemon center, which means I'm contractually obliged to do so. I need the tiny plushies, they sustain me

Thank you for this info. Preordered both because I'm also addicted to free things.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Yeah, unless there is a rolling rollout or something I didn't get a code this time either. If anyone has a spare I'd appreciate it.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

PeePot posted:

Want my spare set?

I don't even play that often and I've got 4 Gmail's signed up, got 2 codes this time.

Yes please! Sent you a PM.

And I'm going to set up a second account for this with a new email.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

So if I'm reading this right, if I go to Gamestop today and get a code it will do me no good since I only have Sword?

The Pokémon Sword & Shield Shiny Zacian and Shiny Zamazenta event is live worldwide. This event will allow for you to get a Serial Code to receive a Shiny Zamazenta in Pokémon Sword or a Shiny Zacian in Pokémon Shield. This event runs in different times at different locations, with some only offering Zacian at present.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Any idea if a copy of Pokemon Shield can use two codes? That way my friend with Shield could trade me the second Zacian?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

you probably couldn't use them on one profile, but theoretically, they should be able to use the code again if they play the game on a second profile?

Interesting. I will give this a shot. Thanks!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Mega evos, Z-moves, dynamax and the like all suck. If you want to refresh or buff a pokemon line, just give them an evolution (Pinsir, Heracross).

gently caress yes what a good snype

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Hey, before y'all move on to the next game, can you please check your copy of SwSh if you happen to have a Arrokuda or Barraskewda with the ability Propeller Tail? If you do please breed a copy for me or let me borrow it to do it myself. And let me know what you'd like in return.

I don't have one but thank you for letting me know about an ability I've never heard of

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

The Bee posted:

Honestly, give me main games that have new, interesting ideas and directions with tight, focused rosters, then let Home be the hub for having all your Pokemon in a single place. Give it Anything Goes online battles, Pokemon Stadium style minigames, and an Amie feature, and boom. Now no mon is truly left behind.

That might be more resource intensive than they'd like, though.

What the gently caress is with these avatars?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Vandar posted:

A lot of people over in Rowdy Ringsports lost a toxx.

Thanks. I hate them.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I bumped into my first wild shiny ever in over 20 years of poking mon today within an hour of starting up BD.

So now I have a really ugly Onix.

It becomes a beautiful Steelix, so congrats.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

Who's the premiere False Swiper in Gen 4? Can you get my boy Parasect in the main game?

I use my super luck absol lol :shrug:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I got Dialga in about ten ultra balls with false swipe/para

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Baller Ina posted:

I'm about to be mad, aren't I

I say, and maintain, it is Ray-kwaza
That anime said Ray-kwayza

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

BlazetheInferno posted:

Literally every piece of official media that has ever spoken its name out loud has pronounced it the same.

And I've never consumed a single one of those until I skipped ahead in that youtube video to see what they said.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Spacebump posted:

playing war with Pokémon cards.

Honestly sounds like a drat good time.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

If I had it my way there would be no such thing as a trade evo.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

I always thought of it as ghosts being actually really weak so beings that can fight them outright are super effective. Like a ghost can't hide from another ghost and it's being of dark energy.
(It's actually because they needed game play balance)

It's actually because ghosts are scared of the dark.

This is how I remember ghost is weak to dark.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Why are PokeBalls spent when they fail to capture a Pokemon. Why can't I pick it up after the battle and try again later with it

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Shneak posted:

https://twitter.com/pChalTV/status/1506295536042786831

Sorry if this tweet starts another generation debate but it made me laugh.

Pokemon challenges is, to me, an actually funny person.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

A friend mentioned that Pawmi looks like a pre-evo for Yamper and god I hope not. Baby pokemon suck

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Nanigans posted:

If I wanted a straightforward romhack of FRLG with:

1. The special/physical split
2. All 151 (or more is fine) catchable/no trade evos
3 Increased difficulty
4. Increased speed

What should I be looking for?

I've enjoyed my time with Gaia and it hits your criteria I believe.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

I have some kind of defect where I genuinely can't tell when music is good, and it seems completely random whether I like or even remember a song. I've heard "tin ear" before but that's usually for people who can't identify music notes and pitches, whatever i have seems worse than that

I know pokemon has good songs and people talk about them all the time, but literally the only music I can remember is the title screen, battle music, and pokemon center music from RGB

so I 100% agree with the user who says they're good podcast games. pity me.

I agree with everything in this post and likely suffer from the same malady you have.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Stux posted:

uh... what the everloving jesus loving christ is this duder. is this some kind of sick joke? what the gently caress i didnt realise i was posting on 4chan :rolleyes: swear to god something awful used to be better than this. guess not anymore. shouldnt be shocked coming from the same thread that loves the epic edgy parental abuse in pokemon though. fucks sake... :smith:

Find a different thread to poo poo up please

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I just got liquid crystal to play on a plane ride coming up - any tips/hints? Have I made a poor decision?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Very important Twitter thread happening tonight

https://twitter.com/oocpokemon/status/1568067845807808516?s=46&t=wLJssv88vvjg2kH0IDGWnA

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

My local GameStops are out of eternatus codes already. Active happen to have an extra?

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Shinies better show in the overworld. I don't want to lets go murder a shiny.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

I am not missing this one. Will be at GameStop when they open today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Since the DBZ Pokemon game didn't work I tried another fan game someone suggested on Discord, Pokemon Gaia, and it's pretty neat so far! Completely original region, a little bit of new music, no fan Pokemon but it does have Pokemon up to at Gen VI.

Lots of Pokemon variety too. Not quite X/Y level but there's a lot. The first route you travel on between the first and second town has Budew, Hoppip, Bunnelby, Taillow, Bidoof and Zigzagoon. There's a small area under the second town where there's Purrloin, Glameow, Marill, Lotad, Pidgey and Buneary. So lots of choices already this early into the game. Good QoL stuff too like having the physical/special split even though it's running on a Gen 3 game, you get Running Shoes immediately at the start and can use them indoors, Mega Evolutions, color coding numbers for nature stat changes, exp when you catch a Pokemon, infinite use TMs, and even an NPC who will put your starter in a Premier Ball for you if you want (but only the starter).

It also gives you a really good idea of what your IVs are. On the stat screen, next to the stat there's a letter grade. For example, my Marill has the following grades: HP (S), Attack (A), Defense (B-), Special Attack (S), Special Defense (B), and Speed (A+). The lowest is probably E- (I base this on the fact my Turtwig has an E+ speed), and I assume S doesn't have a plus or minus. The reason I assume that is because there's 32 possible values for an IV, if S doesn't have a plus or minus each grade could be two possible values. So if I'm right, my Marill's IVs would be either a 30 or 31 in HP and Special Attack, 26 or 27 in Attack, 18 or 19 in Defense, and so on. It seems right, anyway, though if I ever run into something with an S+ or S-, my theory goes out the window. Still, whether I'm exactly right or not, it still gives you a good idea what your EVs are without outright telling you.

Anyway I think it's a pretty neat game. Having a lot of fun with it.

I played all the way through Gaia and really enjoyed it. Excellent fan game.