Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I once had the idea of a "zeitgeist/American folk" trio of pokeymans. A ghost/normal wisp Woodie Guthrie, a normal/grass scarecrow Johnny Appleseed, and Normal/Steel robot John Henry with a bigass hammer.

But Americana Pokemon lost it's chance in Unova.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

less laughter posted:

Alola is Hawaii which is also in America

Don't get me wrong, there's room for different ideas themes, and cultures from gen to gen. But it'd be silly, imo, to add old(er) mainland american folk-based Pokemon to a game based in tropical/Hawaii and take away the vibe.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I should turn on the game and just be able to press A to beat it.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I wish Pidove's line didn't stink, be he is just the cutest little Birdy.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Rhyperior is the phrase "built like a brick poo poo house" given form.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Give me a sand dollar pokemon. Give me an urchin pokemon.

Give me a Sponge Pokemon. Pretty sure that's the only animal Phylum we haven't covered outside of worms (I'm not counting any of the dingy caterpillar-esque bug types). Pretty much all the weirdass eyeless invertebrates.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Sword or shield, which are you getting and why

Shield, because my wife lady said she found the region exclusives more interesting.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Still pissed Porygon didn't get Laser Focus.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Larryb posted:

Do we know if Ekans/Arbok has been confirmed to be in SwSh yet (and if so is it getting a Galarian form)?

Gimme Dragon-type Ekans that resembles a Xenodermus.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Corsola is so bummed out about extinction. We are too, buddy. :smith:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Aside from giving Blastoise and Venusaur the shaft, the only real surprise there is Meltan not being included. If that IS the case, it firmly cements in my mind he's a bullshit Pokemon.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Live Free posted:

i want to gently caress a super potion

Anyone ever notice the Marsh badge look like a tiddy?

Not enough badges have a tapered base...

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 5, 2019

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

extra row of teeth posted:

Don’t remind me. Would have been a great fire/water/grass core in my ingame team to go with Intellion and Salazzle.

They also cut Krookodile. They kept the loving ice cream line but cut Krookodile. :qq:

I can't even remember the Elec/Normal lizard because I always catch it and rename it after my pet Bearded Dragon.

So, hey, at least you can add HelioliskBenson to the team. :3:

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 10, 2019

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The EXP share thing is a-ok for me, because I like to sporadically change the 6th slot on my time and hate having to play catch-up with said poklemin. Whatevs. I'll play it and like it and mourn the missing pokemon; hoping they do a more expansive and more refined game in the future. The removed moves seems nonsensical to me. Like, not even in an angry way, my response was "But why karate chop?". I like pokeymans.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Listen, nerds. You want bad releases? I was there playing Arkham Knight at terrible PC release. I played that slog and LIKED IT! You'll collect those polkamons like good kids and take it.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Still confused on how to access my box when out in wild areas.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone talks about wanting to have sex with Lopunny, but nobody wants to feel all of Machamps hands on them.

He has No Guard. :wink:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Aegislash is SO drat good against so many dynamax pokemon. I've been able to solo a lot more 5 star raids because I could hold out using a combination of steelspike and type immunities.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Game Freak should stop pandering to genfivers.

Unfreakinbelievable.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Porygon is clearly a cyber duck. And Eternatus don't look like no duck I've ever seen.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I always thought a big "bad luck'" wispy camel with sandstorm or drought would be a good Rock/Ghost.

Call it Omendary. :ghost:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Unless this has happened twice (which mind you wouldn't surprise me) EU actually kept the nun Sistermon - it was NA that got the mouse-themed backwards-handed katana Sistermon instead

Had to look this up because it's been so long since I indulged in Digimon. I am so sad the human horny has overwhelmed digimanz.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

So I'm confused. Are there no new galar forms in this dlc outside of slowpoke/bro/king and the bird trio?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

Speaking of the Elite 4 - I just beat the champion on my most recent replay of Leafgreen! :dance:

for all of the lack of QoL in the old games, they're still incredibly satisfying to play. Partially because the game isn't afraid to kick your rear end a little - I spent a couple hours grinding to top off my team's levels, and I still got bodied by the Elite 4 three times! (once by Lorelei, once by Lance, and once by Blue) Though, if they hadn't, my Dragonite still would've been a Dragonair - it evolved right before the champion fight.

(potato quality b/c I'm playing off my old cartridge via gamecube, rather than emulator :v:)

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. Let the game kick my rear end once in a while.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

As someone who loves semi-random path stuff like Slay the Spire, I totally dig it.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Oyster posted:

I may be mistaken but it seems ultra beasts aren't available from max raid adventures until after the regi/birds/calyrex plotline.

I got necrozma. I forgot even a team of ai's can be carried with a single dark type against that thing.

Meanwhile, Zygarde with Powerconstruct will wipe the floor of even a decent team of people. Second go around, my group had 3 ice users and still almost got wiped out by double land's wrath turn.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

IIRC It’s based on your badges because gamefreak are loving idiots.

However, Crown Tundra is ALWAYS 60-70. Source: Me getting owned on my second save i use for Nuzlocke.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Literally the first shiny I've ever seen: Dynamax Dragonite and I got it :w00t: . I will name you Pete.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

What Pokémon cant you get in SwSh now? To pull up from older games to fill up my home dex.

https://serebii.net/swordshield/unobtainable.shtml

Best and quickest list I can find.

A fair amount of gen 4 (very sus).

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Part of me suspects it has to do with a lot of those pokes being easily caught in pokemon Go, thus motivating people to sign up for Home.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Zuzie posted:

That or they're working on another Switch title and the main draw for people is that you can use these specific Pokémon in this game and only this game.

Gimme Dastardly Diamond and Pernicious Pearl.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Going to transfer the few shinies i have (love my mustard dewgong and mint weezing) and finally be done with Go outside of letting my son catch some at the park. Feel absolutely nooooo desire to waste more time if it's going to be so ball busting.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Hariyama uses Smelling Salts on Slugma!

It.... DOES NOTHING BECAUSE THEY DID MY BOY HARIYAMA DIRTY AND REMOVED HIS SIG MOVE.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The Pokemon company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep catching that garbage.

— Gary J. Oak (@realGaryOak) October 16, 2012

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I mean, I might still get it. But the thing is, I held off (and still have) on getting Link's Awakening because it being a chibi remake wasn't enough to coax me. And that game looks BEAUTIFUL compared to the trailer for this. It's a hard to sell me stale bread when I'm already penny pinching and have other opportunities.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

BlazeBlack/VoltWhite 2 or bust.

Also, I like that Pokemon is true to the videogame trope of the sewer level being terrible.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Come on, man. Quilladin had that perfect "big doofus" energy. How could you see him as being lowest of the low. :smith:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Pokémon Shidded ©2021 Pokémon. TM, ®Nintendo and Pokémon Farded ©2021 Pokémon. TM, ®Nintendo

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

They just did sword and shield...

No no that's sword and sheath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

ajkalan posted:

Sableye just gets a big gem with its mega and that's cool.

His wish came true. What more could you ask for