Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Would liepard or luvdisc actually be useful in a regular run through OS/AR or Ultra Sun/Moon if I go for one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Can I chain for shinies in let's go in handheld mode? I'd love a shiny ponyta.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Is it hard to swap for Alolan meowth or vulpix early on? I'd like to use one or both, but I don't have Pokemon Go.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Do we still have a trade thread? I'd like to use an alolan meowth or alolan vulpix in let's go eevee early.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

:facepalm: Thanks, I missed it. I just wanted one to use because you can ride persian, I'm told?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Stupid question for Let's Go Eevee: How do I get spawns to change? Battle 'em? Walk off screen? Wait? Because I'd like to chain ponytas on down the road.

Edit: OH GOSH THIS IS CUTE. Eevee rides on my heeeeeead!

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 14, 2019

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Just walking offscreen won't change the spawns, nor will waiting for them to go away (they'll just respawn elsewhere), if I am remembering what has been reported here correctly. If you want them to change, you need to battle (remember battling something that's not of your chain will break the chain) or leave the route and come back (this will NOT break your chain).

That's good to know, thank you! Is there any way to get a low level exeggcute? I wanna try using one but serebii says they only show up at like, level 41?

Edit: Thank you, both of you!

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Trip Report: Oh my gosh, this game is precious! I'm also taking the time to use pokemon I hadn't before. So now my party is nidoran(f), paras, eevee, clefairy, a butterfree and one magikarp. Magikarp has a -attack nature, so I may swap her for another.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Alolan Raichu is precious!

Field trip from let's go: Shrooms the Paras is a very good boy! So is Pixel, my clefairy. Eevee gave me a high five when we beat Brock up. And we managed to snag a Charmander. Plus, I rode on an onix and it was pretty great. I love this game.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I really want to use turtwig again. Doubt he's gettable in let's go though, but world tree turtle was the best.

And then I found out people want 60+ bucks for Platinum.

Field Trip for Let's Go Eevee:
Eevee is awesome! My alolan golem is putting in work, with shroomish and clefable coming in solidly too. I'm probably gonna go poke Fuchsia then Saffron, because man, I'm getting totally over this Team Rocket thing. Frankly, I'm shocked they just don't shank the kid trainer and call it a day. Also, ghost pokemon are horrifyingly dark when I sit and think about it. I'm definitely gonna try to chain for a shiny ponyta because they are SO PRETTY. The last slot may go to alolan raichu, lapras or a seadra. Maybe the goldeen... they are all cute water types, honestly and I'm trying to use critters I hadn't before.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

That's true. Would the monsters be able to pop out of the pokeball if their master keeled over?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

For all its disturbing pokedex entry, my parasect is surprisingly cute and friendly. He loves to shakeshakeshake and spore the enemy. Clefable's doing pretty well, but I was shocked Clefairy stopped learning moves at level 38. I wish I could nickname my Alolan Golem. She's really putting in some work.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Also I wish I could get turtwig in let's go because he's cute and grass/ground that learns earthquake is fun.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Further Trip Report: Holy wow, route 16 and 17 are berries central! I got a cute rapidash, and riding around is fun. I decided against chaining early in the game. A shiny ponyta would be cool, but RNGsus hates me. Plus, I got some Eevees to evolve. It feels like my starter eevee is falling behind, though. Even with that 90 power move being super effective, and the ninetails being a couple levels lower, she was only able to knock off a bout a third. Can I keep my Eevee the entire game? :( My parasect is groovy, I like my Rapidash, Alolan golem is putting in work (wish I could nickname her!) and Clefable is awesome. I'm glad I am trying pokemon I hadn't before.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

:woop: Then Muriel the Eevee stays! I am thinking Seel or Seadra for the eventual water type, since I have clefable, eevee, rapidash, alolan golem (I really wish I could nickname it), and parasect set in my team. I've mostly been using the sixth slot for level evolutions to fill out my pokedex.

At first I was crazy skeptical about this game, but it's really grown on me.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I decided to go with a seadra, and man is she cute. Sea horses rule.

And I love vaporeon, but I've used it in many, many runs of old games and I wanted to try something new. :D

Wish me luck chaining for a shiny ponyta or rapidash.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Uuugh, SPAWN DARN YOU. I guess if this stack of lures runs out, I'll take a break. I just wanted a darn shiny fire horse.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Minior is so cute, but I'm odd. :v:

I went through a couple stacks of lures/super lures and didn't see a single shiny ponyta after the 31 combo. :( Is it best to park on one patch of grass on route 17 or go back and forth? I decided to move on with the story for now, but I did get a kick rear end amazing ponyta that I crammed full of candies and is now a kick rear end unicorn.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm still sad over 88 lures and not a single shiny ponyta. Is it best to stick to one patch of grass or go up and down route 17?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm a bit sad I've still had no luck getting a shiny ponyta or rapidash. But man, my 4IV rapidash is getting things done. Unicorn is still a good boy. Seadra's putting in lots of work, clefable is cute. Shrooms' IVs aren't great but he is a good boy. And alolan golem is way more awesome than I thought it would be.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I feel kind of annoyed by how many pokemon I'd love to use, but their stats or movesets are awful. Luvdisc is so freaking cute for a fish, but I doubt even in an in game team it would work well. Liepard, too.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Is Burmy/Wormadam useful in game? It looks cute, but I've been burned by Liepard before...

Edit: I decided to restart XY to use some mons I've never used before.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Aw, bummer. Wormadam is cute. I guess it shouldn't matter TOO much for being used on an in game team. Mothim's kinda cool, too.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I think my team may be: Skrelp, Mothim, Water Monkey, Chatot or Farfetch'd, Camerupt or Fire fox starter. I just gotta head to the trade zone for a skrelpy skrelp.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I wish I could find a shiny burmy. Mothim looks GORGEOUS. So far, I'm torn between mothim and vespiquen. I might swap water monkey for a relicanth or that pink clamperl evolution. There's so many neat pokemon I have yet to use! I just wish I could get a numel or camerupt outside of friend safari.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I wish they'd keep pokemon following you. It was super cute, and fun.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Who the gently caress stans for Lumineon and Finneon.

They are one of my favorites because I love fishies. :(

I am using Shellos in my platinum run and I love my pink nudibuddy.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Watch out! She's t-posing to establish a pecking order!

As for shinies, I never caught/saw any outside of events. But in a recent US run, I got a shiny slowpoke and a shiny pikipeck. Toucan shiny is awesome.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Mizuti posted:

I need to free up some box space badly, but am having trouble getting rid of excess shinies (from the raid exploit). I've volunteered to give them away multiple times in the Pokégoons trade discord, but there's very little demand for them there. Is it just Pokégoons or have a lot of people burned out on them?

I just feel kinda guilty taking something as rare as a shiny. It took me until US to get a shiny, but shiny slowking is super cool.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Didn't the end game towns vanish if you didn't rush through? I remember they were two little cities, and woe unto he who runs slow.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I wish Luvdisc had more oomph. Cute lil' dudes. I like goldfish, finneon and them. Plants rule, too.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I am glad turtle world tree returns. He's buddies.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Pokemon center needs to get in more of the sitting cuties. All the ones I want besides Marill are sold out.

And the Gallery figures. I need an umbreon and magikarp. :(

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

What level are growlithe at in Legends? I want a big, fluffy buddy. I just don't know where and a lot of places aren't updated. Also I had some gift cards from Christmas. I forgot so I got Legends. Good times.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

They're pretty late in the overall game; I intentionally caught a whole bunch so if you want to shoot me a link code I'll trade you one, NBD.

(Trading works in this game, right? I mean, I know it's stupid to ask, but this is also a GF title during the first couple launch weeks)

Can we even trade? I'd dig one if it's not super high level. I'm still in the first area, so I can wait.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I'm pretty sure once you make it back to Jubilife, you can talk to the lady by the training grounds and link trade pretty early. Check next time you're in town, and if so, drop me a line if you want.

Thanks, will do. I'm at like, level 14 pokemon wise so I think I may have to wait anyway. I don't think you can breed them in this one.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I saw a shiny starly and it ran away mid-battle. :( But they only really go into brown).

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Just as a headsup, if you see a shiny you want, drop a save and then disable autosave. Then if it gets away, you can reload and the shiny will be there.

Honestly I don't fight things I want to catch, I hide and throw balls at their heads until they are forced to come with me.

Thanks! Starly was sort of a surprise. I was going after in the big cloud of birbs.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Where do I turn off autosave? I'd like a shiny to not run away. Then again, brown starly is pretty cute. And hey, I like the fish pokemon. The level 55 ||Magikarp|| is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I saw a shiny starly but it ran away. :( I am happy with the ponyta). Roselia shiny must be awesome.

Oh! In Ultra sun, I got a shiny slowpoke who became Slowking and a grumpy looking shiny toucannon.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 23, 2022