Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

pokemon are good and i like them :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

what gimmick should i do for my first ultra sun run

should i finally do a nuzlocke

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if you count as far back as when england was roman territory it could be a legendary pair of wolves based off of romulus and remus

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

charizard should look a little scarier since the trailer makes it look like there's a chase scene where dp is running away from one

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

:chloe:

The gently caress is this poo poo?

it's a movie made with computer graphics

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Let's do the exact same thing again....but worse!"

(Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee makes a billion dollars)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

YaketySass posted:

As someone who hasn't seen the show since I was a kid, I'm mostly weirded out that they've stuck with Ash for so long instead of concluding his story and coming up with a new protagonist. I know it's shonen bullshit, but at the end of the day the Pokemon are the stars, so why even stick with this particular glorified Player Character?

because when you've been watching pokemon long enough to be tired of ash you've officially aged out of the target audience of the show

why throw away a lot of reusable merchandise assets by getting rid of ash when ash and some new guy would be equally new to a 5 year old just getting into pokemon?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

Egg moves... another term I hear a lot. And read a lot. What’s egg moves?

(I also picture it being sang by Bob Seger.)

egg moves are moves that can only be acquired via breeding; to use a thread example, the piplup line can only get aqua ring by having a female of the piplup line breed with a compatiable male who has aqua ring

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Who writes the Pokedex entrees again?

gamefreak interns

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i think anyone expecting real specific cultural references like the beatles or the queen having corgis is gonna end up disappointed

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SuperKlaus posted:

Why's Team Rocket want Pikachu? Do they know he's a Let's Go special Pikachu with abnormal stats?

sunk cost fallacy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

sun/moon had a third version, it was just two third versions

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Pokemon Gunsword and Pokemon Gunshield

finally the ff crossover we've all been waiting for

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if 'mostly the same game but with just enough changes to justify charging full price again' isn't a third version idk what is

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the trauma of 'what if a cat but some red on it' evolving into an insanely cool wrestler

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

you wouldn't have had to start all over, you just would've lost half your money

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mr. Nemo posted:

God, the last Dungeon has this tutorial that went on forever and a terrible (read: different from before) mechanic for recruiting. Had to put it down shortly after starting. Anyone know if it gets better? Reviews say that it doesn’t actually.

i much preferred the new recruit mechanic of 'do a specific sidequest to get this specific 'mon' than the old style of 'beat up mons over and over until you finally trigger the percentage chance that they'll join, many of them in the single digits by default'

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Scholtz posted:

At least it doesn't get decimated by Stealth Rock (remove SR from Gen 8)

play doubles

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a sweeper is something fast and strong with good type coverage to quickly sweep through the enemy's team. STAB is Same Type Attack Bonus, which just means attacks that are of the pokemon's type are more powerful

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if you dynamax in doubles do they both get big or just one

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Geostomp posted:

So aside from the obvious Steel, any guesses on the types of the new Legendaries?

dog

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/dbMisadventure/status/1136283336022925314

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

The thing that annoys me is that even if Scorbunny is Fire/Fighting, I’m probably going to pick it due to it being a bunny. Why must Gamefreak torture me so?

galaxy brain: pick it and then don't use it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MikeJF posted:

There's more screenshots on the website of stuff in the wild area and it looks like the bounds is more like this

Also wooloo's ability is called 'fluffy'.

nessie

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

having real trouble imagining anything harder to care about than whether or not a jrpg has random encounters or 'run into an enemy' encounters

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Flopsy posted:

31 in all categories. Clearly a champion in the making.

that's a terrible EV spread!!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Actually, I wonder if this is supposed to be a sneaky way of finally removing Stealth Rock.

stealth rock isn't a problem in VGC so they're not gonna care about it in the slightest

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Takoluka posted:

https://twitter.com/MKriisan/status/1138794942023815168?s=20

Sorry if I think y'all are being really weird about this.

drat, guess we all gotta go home cause some rando made a tweet you don't like

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

less laughter posted:

New Famitsu is out, confirms that S&S won't have Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves.

wack

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oddium posted:

what’s wrong with seaking

sea kings necessitate staying on the grand line lest you slip into the calm belt and they destroy your ship

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gamefreak cares about balance for their own VGC tournaments, which is why stealth rock will never go away

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the unreasonable extremely unrealistic wish of 'i'd like having all the pokemon in my pokemon games'

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Moriatti posted:

Yeah, seems right.

over 800 of them are just the balance pass though

like, they specifically future proofed the 3ds models to save themselves the labor for this exact scenario

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

even when the models already exist, there's still a poo poo load of work to do as far as adjusting for them, individually, the new lighting, environments, and whatever new systems, animations, and other elements that exist in the game.

they can afford to do that load of work, especially when they're going to be getting twenty more bucks out of everyone than they did in the 3ds days

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

whatever way dr house pronounced arceus is the correct way as far as i'm concerned

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LightningSquid posted:

This looks like it could be a f2p MMO I played when I was in middle school

agreed, it looks cool as hell

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LightningSquid posted:

Nah, I'm not buying it unless they announce a post-release patch/DLC for the missing Pokémon. I'm not interested in paying $360+ to split up my shiny collection.

drat, switch games are expensive where you live

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

just show me grooky's evo you fucks

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

love this boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lifehack: if you think the stream is boring, stop watching it and do something you enjoy instead