Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I need to reiterate in this thread that the bunny should have been called Scorburrow because it is a better British reference, a more subtle bunny reference, and it just sounds better and I will be renaming my fiery friend post haste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Riatsala posted:

Oh.

So does the pve ever get more challenging or do I need to brain myself with a claw hammer until I forget about type advantages?

What's everyone's favorite self-imposed challenge mode?

I beat the game using only bug pokemon on my team. Made for some interesting battles and CHARIZARD sure was fun.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Is there a small set of pokemon that can appear in raid battles or is it anything? Is there a list somewhere?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Is the matchmaking just broke or do I need to open ports or something? No one ever joins me for raid battles and every raid battle I try to join says the host is gone or that it's immediately full.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Has anyone seen or gotten any pokemon in the Mamoswine line out of a raid battle? Trying to figure out if it's possible to get his hidden ability right now.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I've gotten a swinub

Does it have it's hidden ability/would you be willing to breed and trade me one?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

TeenageArchipelago posted:

At work at the moment, but if it does I will let you know

Thanks

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Mwuhahaha, I made a tanky Togekiss and now I can solo every raid by myself and keep these dumb npcs alive, take that lovely matchmaking.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

ungulateman posted:

I gotta say it's pretty baffling that they did some move and movepool changes that were seemingly aimed at improving the competitive environment somewhat, in addition to all the rigmarole about dex cuts

and they decided to keep stealth rock in

:psyduck:

They buffed the crap out of Rapid Spin though, should help curb the stealth rock meta if it gets cleared immediately, you take a 50 power hit, and they go up one speed level.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I made a Togekiss with a +SpeD nature, maxed out HP and SpeD EVs, and Leftovers. It knows Follow Me, Light Screen, Reflect, and Tri-Attack. It has been fantastic for soloing any raid, it can actually keep the dumb npcs alive while they chip away at the things.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
A friend came over and told me he thought Dragapult was cool and that I should breed one. Bred for about an hour and got a shiny Dreepy. 10/10 best pokemon game.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Annath posted:

"Pokémon Sword and Shield’s raid exploit is ruining it for everyone"

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/25/20981876/pokemon-sword-shield-raid-exploit-nintendo-switch-change-date-time

Yet more evidence that Polygon is a garbage rag full of garbage people.

And they keep spamming my YouTube account with ads for this sex offender looking motherfucker redoing the PokeRap.

This is real stupid article, but please do not besmirch my good good boy Brian David Gilbert

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
The Pokemon League Hall of Fame is definitely the endgame of some Team collecting genetic imprints of all the strongest Pokemon, right?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Bit of a left field question for the thread but I'm tired as all hell and kinda curious, what's everyones favorite underdog pokemon?

Ribombee is my good, good friend and is *almost* usable, but kind of dies to a stiff breeze. But I will still force it on to every team I run.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Today I learned the the counter for how many times you've killed a single pokemon caps out at 999.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've gotten two shiny pokemon now, and they each have a different intro animation, sparkles and squares. I was told the squares was the rare one, with a 1/16 chance, but I also heard that maybe the odds were reversed because of a bug? I was curious as to which it was.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Farming the championship for fashion ball is loving terrible made only slightly less terrible after hyper training a Dracovish that can now 1 shot basically everything you can encounter.

I feel ya, I've been desperately farming it for the Flame Orb with no luck. If you get an extra let me know and I'll trade you a beast ball or something for it, assuming you can still do that.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Your Computer posted:

other than the legendaries, what's a good general-use pokémon for raids?

I made a Togekiss with Light Screen, Reflect, Follow Me, and Tri Attack. I don't think I've lost a raid since, even with all AIs

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Your Computer posted:

that sounds pretty hilarious

what sort of stats do you go for?

Tanky stats, mostly in Hp and SpD. Leftovers in the item slot. Damage matters so little in raids, the AIs will eventually get it done as long as you keep them alive.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
This is not a joke. I am going to murder the Pokeball guy. I'm going to buy a PokeShovel and smash him in his big plastic head until the darkness inside spills out like candy from a pinata. I will plunder his corpse and use the Flame Orb he has kept from me to incinerate his body. There will be no closure for his family, no ceremony for his remembrance. He is a fiend and I shall return him to the depths of hell.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Epic High Five posted:

PokeShovel is 100BP, get grinding

Ahahahaha, I wish. I've spent 7 days grinding this tournament refight. I do it at work, I do it at home, I do it while laying in bed and while eating. I've made millions and millions of PokeDollars, I have infinity pokeballs and every pokemon I bring is at level 100 now. I've gotten several Life Orbs and Iron Balls. I have not gotten a Flame Orb. Why have they done this. Why did you do this to me Nintendo.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Flopsy posted:

Maybe have yourself a wee sit down and a think before you type out something eh? Lord knows I've made the same mistake.

Eh, it was obviously hyperbole against a fictional character with less than 50 lines of dialogue. I'm just frustrated after spending 8+ hours almost every day for a week and being no closer to getting it than when I started. I have so much other stuff I want to do in the game, but I'm sunk cost fallacy-ing myself hard here.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
FREEEEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMM

See everyone, violent threats work.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

ungulateman posted:

reminder that [your favourite pokemon] was cut from sword and shield and [your least favourite pokemon] was included

My 5 favorite pokemon in order are:

Ribombee
Butterfree
Milotic
Dhelmise
Aerodactyl

I think this gen is pretty alright.

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 8, 2019

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Sea Lily posted:

ribombee has been my favorite pokemon for two generations now and they still havent made a ribombee plushie and im angry about it

This.

Ribombee plush when.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I would pay up to $10 for DLC that did nothing but let me release whole boxes of pokemon at once.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I am the chosen PokeBreeder. I just bred a Special Attacker Shiny for a Trick Room team with a 0 Atk IV, a 0 Spd IV and it's hidden ability. Truly the PokeGods have smiled on me this day.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Eimi posted:

I just want to say I hate you guy who said they grinded out about one shiny a day. I'm on loving day 5 of shiny ralts hunting after I randomly got a shiny eevee and I've learned my loving lesson, I'm never doing this poo poo again. And I'm miserable doing this but I've already wasted so much time I have to throw good time after bad. :argh:

I spent 6 days grinding a shiny Zigzagoon, and another 8 days grinding the Flame Orb for him. I feel your pain.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Competition nicknames so far:

Shiny Dragapult - Pistol Pete
Shiny Obstagoon - Randy Orlando
Toxitricity - Fraggle Rock
Mamoswine - Tusk Tusk

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Shiny Grubbin is mine, onward to Shiny Dewpider!

All shiny bug team will be mine!

edit: I see others are turning on the Ball Guy like I did. Let the hate into your heart.

second edit: Oh, uh, Shiny Dewpider acquired in like 30 hatches. On to Crustle.

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 16, 2019

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Welp, just got shiny Crustle less than 100 eggs in. That's three shinies in one day. I've been shiny breeding for years and never had this kind of luck. I assume tomorrow I'll be diagnosed with cancer or something.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I take back the thing I said about getting cancer because of my shiny luck. I'm going to get super cancer, because I just got my 4th shiny today, a Snom with it's hidden ability.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Mesadoram posted:

So out of curiosity I was looking up what people are asking for Flame Orbs, and holy poo poo the desperation to get this item is scary.

I've been grinding at this for probably the better of 3 hours and I have not gotten one yet, not sure how they thought this was a good idea.

It took me eight days, at about eight hours a day.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What the gently caress did you set up a bot or something to run this poo poo because gently caress that.

They call me GK.

Grind King.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Shiny Centiskorch acquired! With that I've reached my goal of a whole team of shiny bug pokemon. Soon I will claim my rightful place as the Bug Gym Leader.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
They call me GK. Grind King. And I'm here to say...

:siren::siren::siren:MERRY CHRISTMAS:siren::siren::siren:

As a special Christmas treat for all of the wonderful goons in the thread, for the rest of the evening I will be hosting SHINY GMAX PRANKSTER GRIMMSNARL raids on the discord!

Come hang with us on Discord in the #hairdevils channel and get yours!

(Unless I mess up and break the raid somehow oh god I'm pretty nervous)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
We're still runnin Shiny Gmax Grimmsnarls in the Discord! Get in while the getting is good!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I tricked you all into infecting your games with the Grinch right before Christmas. Fools!

Grind King out!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Shiny Grimmsnarl raids back up for a bit on the Discord, #hairdevils

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Hot Take:

Dynamax would be good and great if it didn't increase your hp.