Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Since their logo is a Y they really couldn't go for Team Shout or anything.

They could've gone for Team Yahoo though

the ya-hoodlums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone give me a hint on how to get the pokemon under the deck in the lab course?

1) wake up meowth

2)use apples to lure it over

Can anyone give me any hints about getting 3-4 star golisopods?

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 2, 2021

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm also not sure what the Professor's request in the nighttime park wants. It shows that mound that Pinsir digs up from and says "There's probably a Pokemon in here!" but I've taken pictures of that Pinsir and shown them to him without getting the request cleared.

now I'm not entirely sure how I got the 3* so I'm having trouble getting it again.

This one's tricky

Hint: In the day-time version (at rank 3), there's another pokemon who hangs out in that area. You're trying to get that.

Guide: Throw some apples at/near the tree behind Pinsir, once you woke it up. Also spam scan. Stay zoomed in to give yourself more time. This also sets you up for another request.

Twelve by Pies posted:

now I'm not entirely sure how I got the 3* so I'm having trouble getting it again.

when they stare at you while you approach the area where you fed them for the 4*, iirc

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

yeah don't worry about maxing out a course until you get all your tools

you've got two more, plus a utility thing

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait there are bosses in Snap? How does that work? Is this secretly a Fatal Frame sequel too?

Think like Mew in the original. A special pokemon you have to do something to even be able to take pictures of.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Larryb posted:

Off the subject but I can’t tell, who’s that Pokémon in the right photo?

Tangrowth

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

For the research lab's under the deck: gotta get a photo of ratatta with meowth in it as well. or maybe of meowth with the rat. It's easiest to look on the opposite side, between the houses and the fire pit and catch them as they go

Bounsweet's fantastic journey is probably my fave so far.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

also I wanna stab that Liepard blocking me from going behind the waterfall in the Jungle level. What am I supposed to do to get it to go away? If I hit it with fluffruit it just shrugs most of the time.

day: hit it with lightballs and maybe scan/music/picture as soon as it starts to lie down. If it's fully gone asleep it's too late

night: play music as you approach- you'll see some pikipeks fly off. then scan/take picture or something

I really really like the new snap but all the criticisms ya'll have said are very valid and I agree with.

I also kind of find it frustrating where trying to get a general behavior might need you to use the different tools in a kind of inconsistent way, with only trial and error to know.

Like waking up pokemon- sometimes music, sometimes bonking them with multiple apples, sometimes scan/shutter. Or loving Audino dance- no no, don't use the music that makes pokemon dance, that's absurd. Instead feed a random loving bee across the yard so it goes off to bother Audino, then it'll dance.

Or like, sometimes you make a pokemon move by bonking it with an apple or lightball or a scan- but sometimes it takes multiple, so you after one you think "ah that doesn't work" and then turns out you just had to really go at it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

xedo posted:

On the Lental Seafloor, I thought it was so dang cute when I saw a male and female frillish sitting together... then I looked back and they had a lanturn trapped between them, desperately wriggling as I'm driven away. This game can be kinda dark sometimes!

try throwing a lightball at it

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Bug Pokemon are the best, I'm mad that S/S removed mega evolution because Mega Beedrill rules.

this is also one of the many reasons why gen 5 is the best

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Agreed! I kept throwing everything I could at every Magikarp I saw because I was convinced there had to be some way to turn one of them into a Gyarados. There's not.

My other complaint about The New Pokemon Snap is that unlocking new paths is super unintuitive.

the magikarp in the whirlpool in the daytime reef is infuriating. everytime it hops out it goes higher! that should mean something!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What the gently caress is up with the Volcanic Hide and Seek request in New Pokémon Snap? I summoned a bunch of Charmander, got Charizard to land in front of them and took a picture of the Charmander jumping in celebration with Charizard in the picture. What the gently caress else do you want, game?!?? It already took like ten tries to even set up the loving photo!!!

yeah that one's stupid as hell. I thiiiink you need to also have charizard in frame, and possibly multiple charmander.