Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Haifisch posted:

I can't wait to see cool new characters as well, and possibly cool new locations to explore.

I also can't wait for the starter evos to be revealed so I can witness 30 pages of goons crying about their favorite starter being ruined now.

nothing would be able to ruin sobble for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want everyone to be aware that insulting sobble can and will be harshly judged

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

does anyone know when we're gonna start getting more info on gen 8

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i need to see what sobble evolves into and its secondary

right

now

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/shmaba/status/1101333120215908352

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sobble is the most mysterious starter out of the three because we sort of have the least to go off of

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SuperKlaus posted:

How strange it would be to evolve into being Normal.

it would actually be pretty unique at this point compared to everything else

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

transformers, known for not wanting to sell toys

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

we might have to live with the horror of one of the starters staying monotype

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mandatory lesbian posted:

you forgot the part where its forever whining about how people aren't friendly to each other

i assume it'd be part fighting to represent the 'beating women' part, too

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i want regional forms of gen 2 pokemon in this gen

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i can't help but feel like i've seen those supposed evolution leaks before. like forever ago.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

those supposed evo leaks are genuinely tripping some 'you've seen these before' alarm bells in my head and i'm trying to remember when and where

like i think someone mocked up a middle stage to transition to the final ones and maybe did a bit of editing overall but the shapes and overall feel of the designs is super goddamn familiar

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oddium posted:

typhlosion should be where the tiger is and the tiger should be laughing behind them all

typhlosion is mono-fire, is the joke

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Expect My Mom posted:

i love these things, so much so that im not sure how they are bad

it's bad until it's good and conversely it's good until it's bad. i hope this has been helpful in navigating the very straightforward world of 'things are different and i don't like it'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i kind of inherently distrust any 'leaks' about new eevee evolutions because i think it's mainly fans who obsess about that kind of thing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like gen 2 precisely because it's a bunch of petty bullshit going on and you're free to just do your thing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

http://blog.trinketgeek.com/post/183636582808/100-legit-leaked-galar-forms-trust-me-my

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if gen 8 doesn't have regional forms then i will cry

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

smeargle only being available in a little patch of grass behind some random house in gen 2 was a power move and i respect it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tir McDohl posted:

It's kinda funny how Jojo's Bizarre Adventure subs use "localizations" when it would be way better if they didn't but Pokemon doesn't use localizations when it would be better if they did.

that's probably because crunchyroll doesn't own the intellectual property of things that get said in jojo and them being changed is the only way we get subs in the first place

with pokemon it's not an issue either way but the end result in both cases is that we all know what they're referring to as it is so who cares even if nothing ends up being changed about the process

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've really been enjoying pokemon: insurgence after downloading it today. seems like a solid fangame in terms of actual progression and the gimmicks that are introduced are more just neat than annoying. like delta pokemon, which are weird, differently-typed versions of pokemon we already know that look different to match. sprite quality varies a little bit here and there but it's Okay.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Zore posted:

The biggest issue with Insurgence is a ton of the best/most interesting Deltas are locked in the really late game or post game for some godforsaken reason?

Also the usual romhack jank.

oh yeah, absolutely. it doesn't escape some of the 'usual' stuff that plagues these things but it's not riddled with poor decisions at the same time. i have no idea what the 'darker' option for the story entails, though, although i doubt it could hold a candle to reborn in the least.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the delta pokemon do have some pretty neat designs, like delta aipom who's ghost/normal and has a weird ghost tail

also delta ambipom has an...actually pretty tight design, i feel?

also as a bonus if you have aipom and are using it:
they see you

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Why is slugma not a bug type when slugs are clearly insects?

*puts hand into magma* look at this cool bug i found

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't know if i've posted about it before, but i like gen 2 a whole lot especially due to team rocket mostly just fumbling around and doing weird bullshit to make ends meet or try and get giovanni's attention to get him to come back. it gives it a more relaxed feeling so you, the player, can just sort of focus on the ambience.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

less laughter posted:

this is just :kiss:

this is how mafia works

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

one of the biggest tests is if the japanese on the page is actually worth a poo poo, so does anyone have insight on that?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dunsparce galar regional form will happen

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Funky Valentine posted:

Hitmonchan looks like it's wearing clothes.

also mr mime is literally just a hosed up gremlin named 'mr mime'

i know, i know, don't sign my posts, but,

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wasn't armored mewtwo just a thing in the first pokemon movie. if it was any other pokemon i'd maybe see it as gen 8 poo poo but there's precedent for this.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the mewtwo in the tube at that pokemon shop will require the blood of one child a year as an offering

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

soon, pokemon will encompass every aspect of your life. you will connect with pokemon.

you must.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

USER: 3 HOURS OF SLEEP HAVE PASSED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND REFRESH YOUR POKEMON'S TIMERS. RING-A-DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ImpAtom posted:

What the gently caress is Pokemon Sleep. Are they going to transmit Pikachu into my dreams?

your dreams will only be about pokemon now. i'm sorry. they trademarked the concept of dreaming itself and dissenters will be sued and imprisoned.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

thank you for teaching me how to sleep, pokemon

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

introducing pokemon breathe, including an airmask peripheral attached to a tank containing a brand new oxygen-derived mixture we like to call PokeGO2

the longer you inhale from our special mixture the bigger bonuses you get

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Araxxor posted:

i can't wait for microtransactions to be in pokemon sword and shield.

excuse me it's called PokePay and you need to respect the toll fee to cross the bridge into Whatsit Town because gamefreak and nintendo need the money to keep the servers running

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Procrastine posted:

You can't have a toll fee on the bridge, the game needs to technically be beatable without microtransactions.

You have to pay each time you use Fly.

no don't worry, the player can surf to get to the town without crossing the bridge but the funny thing is that the water route to get there is very circular and loops around most of the region. i hear it's full of galar tentacool, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wonder if we'll see starter evos on the news drop next week