Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Flopsy posted:

Wait--what the gently caress is happening?

Lowtax has been credibly accused of some really terrible things, the mods and admins are in revolt, and everyone is registering at other forums or getting into discords in case he pulls the plug on the forums. Read the 'Moving Forward' and 'Future of Something Awful' links at the top of the forums, but fyi the Moving Forward has goatse. And I guess maybe Lowtax is divesting himself of the forums but it ain't done until it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Flopsy posted:

There a particular forum where you guys might migrate if this one goes down? Also neither of those links is showing up for me, this is the first time I've heard about any of this.

https://breadnroses.net/ seems to be the one people settled on. If you look in the June games chat thread, a LOT of people signed up there. Go back 5-10 pages and you'll also find the people throwing discord invites around. There's usually a $10 sign up fee but they seem to have suspended that temporarily for us, not sure if that's still in play or not but you should ask before you spend the money.

Been kinda a crazy 48 hours.

Here's a link to the announcement page. Again, goatse, and everything is weird and up in the air still.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

remember the pokemon pass app they used for like a single distribution at target or something

Very bad luck to launch a distribution app based on going to crowded public stores right before a global pandemic.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Apparently I'm not allowed to buy those till after 8 badges? (Unless I want to use Watts, I think.)

Sorta on that note, what's a good 'mon for assisting catches in Sword? Like something with false swipe + sleep or something?

This article sold me on Gallade way back when, to expand on Vandar's post.

https://www.polygon.com/pokemon-sword-shield-guide/2019/11/21/20974232/how-to-catch-pokemon-easily-false-swipe-gallade-hypnosis

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The prince brothers in swsh's postgame are a much better pair of villains. I generally liked the postgame much more than the main plot of swsh.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Worst comes to worst, you can get ability patch from the crown tundra Max Raid store.

And yeah the 2k watts adds up over time. I somehow have like 500,000 watts due to spending a year + logging in to check for event raid dens. Finally got annoyed at lack of funds and spent 100,000 watts on luxury balls to become a millionaire.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

On the Lental Seafloor, I thought it was so dang cute when I saw a male and female frillish sitting together... then I looked back and they had a lanturn trapped between them, desperately wriggling as I'm driven away. This game can be kinda dark sometimes!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

No code again. :negative:

Is it Gmail that's the problem? What actually works?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

HG/SS had such a terrible levelling curve but they were so drat fun otherwise. Also Voltorb Flip was super addictive to me.

Unless a lot of good news and surprises hit soon, I think Legends will be a day 1 purchase and BDSP will be a game I buy used for half off a year from now. Boy do I hope they get all the kinks in this system worked out before they remake Black and White. That's what I'm really stoked for - and I wonder if B2/W2 will get remade, or ignored like Platinum? Yes I know, I shouldn't hope, I'll get to work squelching that.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Let's not forget the fossil mons of gen 8 which are clearly fusions of... something.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I'm so annoyed. I was just looking through my old DS cartridges for White and Black 2, and they and a bunch of other old DS games are just... missing? There's been moving and a temporary relocation, they could be anywhere. Replacing something like Hotel Dusk is going to be easy, but getting a new copy of those old pokemon games is going to be an arm and a leg. Assuming I can even find a legit copy, it looks like there's a lot of fakes out there.

And even if I did find one, it wouldn't have the downloaded PWT tournaments or the unlocked memory link content.

Silver lining is that I still have X, AlphaSapphire, and moon, so I can still do my original plan of getting a set of my favorite mons in gen 6 and raising them up with a full set of ribbons. But DANG I wish I knew where those cartridges were!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The' About This Game' q&a on steam is a JOURNEY.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1623730/Palworld/

"Automation is essential for your factory production since your life must maintain a happy and carefree style. That's when the Pals come to do the manual work for you. Build a factory and place Pals in it. They will work forever as long as they're fed, until the end of their lifetime or beaten to a pulp by the factory boss. The meaner the factory boss, the quicker you get results or quicker your Pals reach their destiny?"

I'm amazed but in a staring-at-a-wreck way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

indigi posted:

can you still not filter by which Pokémon your dex is missing in the phone app? god in heaven TPC's standards are so low

There's a filter for registration status, set it to unregistered. Is that what you're looking for?