Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

There must be a Corgi pokemon, and he will be my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The names and designs of the legendaries are bad, particularly sworddoggo.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I don't necessarily mind the cartridge, but the cartridge:jewel case ratio is dumb and is way too much excess plastic.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

The whole thing is weird all around. I don't know why they haven't just announced that they will retroactively patch all the models that got left behind into Sword/Shield, either as their own standalone patches, or as they make new games. Just flat out announcing they will never be compatible is insane to me.

Because this is an insane scope problem, which is something that Pokémon already struggles with. What if not 100% of all pokemon are included between SwSh and the theorized DPP remake? How long do they support the backwards compatibility? If they can patch in pokemon not in the game files, do they patch in pokemon that didn't exist when a new generation comes out- you know people will ask for it.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 17, 2019

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

it's true, the best pokemon are round

Counterpoint: Voltorb/Electrode

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Because patching them into Sword and Shield isn't just a copy and paste dump into the game files? They still need to test it to make sure it works with all the game mechanics, including ones that may have been a one-off thing for Sword and Shield. Like, it does in fact take up resources from other projects by trying to patch in pokemon that don't yet exist in the game files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'm very proud of my Chewtle named Don Chewdle