Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zore posted:

Oshawott is from the previous gen as Fennekin/Chespin, they were paired with Froakie :v:

Oshawott was a gen V starter with Snivy and Tepig

Man, the Gen 5/6 era is where it starts to get real blurry for me. For some reason I had it in my head that Samurott's samurai shtick would be pairing with the knight/magician motifs of Chespin/Fennekin.

It probably doesn't helped that I burned out hard on B/W2 and X/Y didn't really help much. It wasn't til ORAS that I started getting back into the game again, but it's never reached the same level as before (DPPt/HGSS was my peak of investment).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I feel bad for the pure Water starters in that I think none of them have really sustained themselves in the meta throughout the years. Mega Blastoise was probably the closest just as a Rapid Spinner that could actually do damage, but it just didn't really have enough. Grass had Sceptile and Serperior for a while and now Rillaboom, and Fire has Cinderace.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zuzie posted:

An item that works like an Everstone but instead influences the holder to evolve or breed like it was in the region the rock is from would be feasible.

Don't some forms have completely different learnsets? That might be a mess. I mean, I don't think it's a big deal that your Ice-type Ninetales can use Flamethrower, but shrug.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think in the Pinsir v. Heracross rivalry, Pinsir got the cooler Megaevo. MegaHera just looks kinda silly.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think the only thing I'd 'lose' from not having Platinum stuff would be the Battleground, refighting Gym Leaders was great.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My only issue with the Legends starter lineup is that I love all three of them and this is gonna be the first game where I legit can't decide between all of them. Usually I can eliminate one option pretty early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Inverse battles are great because they turn ice types into defensive powerhouses which is impossible otherwise.

I wish ice types were good.

Mamoswine works because of Thick Fat. If it had reliable recovery it would be even more annoying. As is, Eviolite Piloswine can be a pain.

Regice was also a premier special wall back in the day.