Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The villain team should be tracksuited Eastern European guys who illegally traffic stolen Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Anyone who likes Monferno is a septic gutter person not to be taken seriously and that's that. :hb:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Trying to play a new game of Moon and dear God I would do obscene things for a way to skip cutscenes. The endless tutorial stuff I get, it's a game for kids too. But this poo poo is unbearable to get through a second time. Or third in my case. God

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The best way to get things on GTS is to post your own trade offers for the stuff you want. 90% of the trades posted on there are like what you mentioned. Don't waste your time digging through that stuff unless you're trying to swap legendaries.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

SuperKlaus posted:

Sound advice. Can I add a little message or turn on some option to check Abilities to help me hunt for HA starters?

I haven't played ultramoon/sun but I'm pretty sure you can't, unfortunately. If I remember right about the most you can do is specify gender and a ten level window if you're feeling picky.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That being said if you're wanting something specific just ask ITT, there's a lot of goons with living dexes and jam-packed Pokemon banks who are very generous. Not me though

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

less laughter posted:

Porygon2 tho

Bless you child. Porygon2 is the tits

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think my favorite bird mom I’ve ever raised is Braviary, he’s beefy and beautiful and I love my shiny blue American bird friend.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Cacturne is cool.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
More sheep Pokémon please.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
What time is that direct tomorrow?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

JordanKai posted:

Hmm... I love Wooloo.

Agreed. Protect wooloo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ruby is my favorite Pokémon game. Ask me anything.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Bongo Bill posted:

Why not Sapphire?

Zangoose aka Furry David Bowie, also I like groudon better than kyogre.

Generally speaking I like the character designs in Gen 3 a lot. The gym leaders are all great, the elite 4 are honestly the only ones I think are lame. Having the PCs dad as a gym leader was a great touch and having him dressed like a guy who’s trying too hard is hilarious. Water Pokémon were my favorites for a long time so I never had a problem with the surf/dive heavy parts of the game. I also like the weird side locations like the abandoned ship or the Braille chambers. Secret Bases rule.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Does Platinum include the increased walking speed and other stuff from HeartGold?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Man. The ultra beasts were cool but too many drat legendaries in gens 5 and 7. At least gen 4s legendaries had the decency to not have extra forms and stuff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I caught a shiny ponyta in FireRed. Then nothing until my playthroughs of Sun where I got a shiny Ratatta and a shiny Exeggucute my first time through, then a shiny Mudsbray and Rufflett my second time through. Shiny mudsdale looks like a giant carrot which is hilarious, shiny braviary is loving beautiful and majestic

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Unskippable cutscenes stink. I think you should be able to skip them after you’ve watched them once, but the pacing of Sun/Moon was abominable.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
pikachu

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That pop in looks rough. I dunno, I like the new designs for the most part and the wild area sounds cool but if there isn’t really any postgame content I think I might have to skip this one. That’s a shame because the new fighting type grappler sounds loving awesome

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Supremezero posted:

Iunno. Every time I see it it's berry trees. Like, you can see the trainer over there. So it's just interactive things that pop in.

This doesn’t make it better man.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Is Nintendo making game boy/gba games available for switch? I want a Pokémon fix but don’t want to spend sixty bucks on the new ones honestly

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hank Brings The Pro-Pain

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
(And Pro-Pain Accessories)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Aggron rules yeah

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Decided to try a nuzlock run of Moon and I’ll be damned if this game isn’t loving unplayable with the cutscenes.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Xander B Coolridge posted:

SwSh has this problem too. I used my secondary profile to try a nuzlocke a few months ago and gave up trying to have any fun after about 40 minutes of not being allowed to play the drat game

I honestly don’t remember it being this bad when I played through Sun for the first time but I just got the the trainers school or whatever and it’s absurd. Whoever decided to make the cutscenes in this game unskippable is a monster.

I can’t remember if X/Y were as bad about this but I really wish I still had my old copy of Black 2 so I could just do nuzlock for that one. I’m guessing they’re just about impossible to find at a reasonable price these days.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like all three of the starters and the trailer looked cool. Definitely leaning Scarlet.

The playable boy looks so dorky but I appreciate that it looks like an actual real world outfit. A slightly more grounded visual style would be interesting IMO. Kind of like new donk city

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

This is my biggest fear. My kid was watching the zeraora movie today and all I could do was shake my head. Lucario ruined everything

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sun Nuzlocke Update

I made it through the trainer school but my meowth ate it. Pikipek and popplio live on.

Entered the next part of town. Unskippable cutscene of rival playing on the beach. Cutscene ends. Another unskippable cutscene of PC learning how to wave at people. Walk up the block. Unskippable cutscene of rival taking me into the tourist bureau, and another cutscene of the pc receiving the camera. Exit the building and two more cutscenes of Lillie talking about shopping and some guy forcing me to do the camera thing. I am rapidly considering throwing in the towel to try nuzlocke Pokémon X instead. This poo poo loving sucks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think I’ve complained about this exact problem about a hundred times ITT. Sorry!!

I just want a Pokémon fix. :(((

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
My x Nuzlocke is going poorly. Heading to the fighting gym but am having to swap out multiple guys who will get absolutely waxed in there. Litleo and loudred both benched and now I’m frantically trying to level up sigilyph, gloom and nidorina to go with frogadier and spoink. Really wishing ivysaur wouldn’t have eaten it right about now

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
X Nuzlocke seemed like it was stabilizing a bit. I was almost very very wrong.

drat near wiped out half of my squad in the grass gym. My grumpig was at 1hp and I’ve never been more wary of getting bonked by someone using Pursuit. Now that I’m posting this on the internet i definitely regret some of these very stupid names.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I named my shiny Braviary FDR. It was the only acceptable option.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Checked the dedicated trading thread and it seemed pretty dead. Can you even do online trading for X at this point? If so if any noble goons or goonettes or nb goons could help me evolve my stupid new bug guy that would be lit.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

RIP to a real one. The fairy gym proved to be fatal

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I have reached lysandre labs or whatever the secret team flare base is. Going into gym seven I had Fan Rotom and Mega Abomasnow as new teammates but abomasnow kind of sucks wrt move pool and typing and defensive stats so I dumped it back in the box for nidoqueen. Maybe I’ll swap it back in when it’s e4 time.

Hoping I luck out and get either heatmor or Durant on the next route. Would be nice to have a fire option

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I had forgotten how despondent the rival in X/Y gets when you put a big ol whoopin on them. It’s funny but also a bit grim

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yes. I was pleased with myself for catching the legendary Pokémon in an ugly rear end heal ball.