Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I gently caress with pink. Heal balls are just ugly.

My favorite ball designs are luxury balls, timer balls and quick balls. I always liked the heavy ball apricorn ones but they got so scarce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Nuzlocke update

Finished the big bridge showdown with the kid crew. Managed not to have any casualties but it got hairy for sure. Still looking for one more physical attacker to hopefully replace Exploud but not having any luck so far.

Managed to get noivern with some serious repel abuse. Have never used it, Durant or Krookodile before.

Xerneas died against Lysandre. Lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I ended up catching an ursaring to replace my exploud and its attack is absurd. Shame about the rest of its stats but once I get its happiness up a bit that Return is gonna murder folks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I tried to name a Pokémon Chingy after the rapper the other day and the game wouldn’t let me.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Nuzlocke Update

I have reached the Elite Four. After much consideration I am rolling with this crew.

Durant has really surprised me, for some reason I always assumed it was terrible but with hustle and a kings rock it has actually been a solid team member. It came down to Grumpig and Noivern for my final spot and grumpig just had a bit more flexibility with its move pool. I have already knocked off the fire E4 and am about to go for the water guy.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Just swept the champion’s entire team with Durant lol. Talk about ending on a high note

My close friend Vileplume is my only elite four casualty. Nuzlocke……..complete

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Durant did a lot of work for me in Sword. Shame about that Fire weakness.

Yeah I have been very pleasantly surprised with her. Fast enough that she goes first most of the time, and between my kings rock boosted iron head and a single hone claws she can really wipe dudes out.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
My Nuzlocke run has ended. But the postgame is just beginning……

Welcome….to Kinniekins Kwest.

Bonus image: here is the Nuzlocke graveyard, minus the Xerneas I just gave to Shauna.

🪦 to all my dead Pokémon. Especially to vileplume and greninja though. Your sacrifices made this possible

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
When it was in fan form I named it Only Fan.

I have an oven Rotom in Sun that was named Charcutierie.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Definitely am curious to see how they handle the inevitable B/W remakes. Will any of the B2/W2 content be included? The two different gyms and PWT are must haves IMO

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like Tropius but wish it had a better 3D model.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Usually they get leaked.

Why don’t people like chesnaught?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The new Pokémon all look cute and good but man are the visuals rough.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

The Bee posted:

At this point I've kinda resigned myself to it. Gamefreak's not going to suddenly have a massive mid console glowup. Right now its mostly the gameplay I'm hinging on. If the kinks with SwSh are brushed out and we get a more complete, engaging adventure, then gently caress it. I'm back in. If not, at least we get another batch of rad designs to enjoy.

I wouldn’t mind if the games were just visually blah like all the 3D ones have been but this looks actively ugly. Obviously it’s just a lovely compressed YouTube video so hopefully it’s better at release.

But I doubt it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The original regis are all awesome, regigigas is my favorite legendary I think. The electric one is fun too

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Moltres was definitely the hardest hit by the move to 3D, it looks dumb as gently caress nowadays.

zygardes forms that aren’t the dog are stupid.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

I can quibble with some of these but much respect for posting this.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I enjoyed the new trailer for s/v. The visuals are still not great but the traversal stuff looks fun and the variety of monsters seems pretty good. Cool to see eelektross or however you spell its name. I always have liked donphan too, cool to see it back.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The ho oh battle theme from heartgold is amazing especially in contrast to the rest of the very good soundtrack. and all the horrid lavender town music are my favorites in the series I think. Oh and the original surf music bangs

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Tropius

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ash “Mime Jr.” Ketchum

Delia Mime

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I decided to try the Moon Nuzlocke one more time and powered through some of the really rough tutorial stuff. Managed to get a misdreavus which I don’t think I’ve ever used AND a smeargle which I have definitely never used. Even got fake out on it for its first sketch move which is kind of Cool, I guess. Now I just need to find some Pokémon to give me a status effect move

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
X&Y have some good new mons and a couple cute character designs but on the balance they are super generic. The environments are especially uninteresting which makes sense since it was the first 3D one

Gogoat is good.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I actually like the x/y friend gang better than the su/mo ones. The cutscenes in sumo are just torturous

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

My Nuzlocke is going fine. The only one of these I’ve used previously is meowth and that was the normal version. Also caught a vullaby but I’m not waiting until level fifty four to evolve it.

This happened too which was nice.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Moon Nuzlocke post: my trumbeak? Is that what pikipek’s evo is called? Got dropped against Hala at the end of island 1. Caught a petilil in the flower field and it just ate it on a critical hit. Caught a fomantis which I’ve never used before, should be a decent replacement hopefully. I think I’m approaching the water trial.

All names are pending the end of island 2. I’m definitely keeping Nando and Qwerlo as is but all other names are pending. This is important.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I’ve not been overly impressed w misdreavus, it hasn’t learned any good moves yet outside of confuse Ray. I hate that I always end up using a zubat but frankly it’s a good mon.

Mudbray rules and I’m pumped I caught one, it’s nature is nonideal (+atk -def) but I got the stamina ability to make up for it a little bit. No real opinion of brionne or herdier yet, they seem fine I guess.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That’s why they should stop makin mythicals IMO. They suck.

Misdreavus died and I’m down to five dudes now. Tough life.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Those new guys look like extras from mega man zero, which rules. Those games had super cool aesthetics. They don’t look like pokemen though. That crab owns bones tho

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

indigi posted:

they should still make mythicals but only make one or two per gen. with online mystery gifts and updates they can make the mythical actually be part of the plot of the game but inaccessible on release. distribute the Mythical Windmill Pokémon quest in June of 2023 with a free 90 minute content patch alongside the assumed DLC, make it an actual event

That reminds me I need to find a Zarude somehow

All the legendaries and mythicals are just too much imo. I know they’ve kind of alternated gens with a ton of them (b/w and sumo had a shitload, xy just had a couple), but it dilutes them being interesting especially when they’re just giveaways with nothing more. The way the musketeer ones or the beasts and Braille golems were done is ideal IMO. One mythical that has a mini plot is cool too. Like deoxys

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Nihilarian posted:

9 families? Gen 3 has two

Aren’t both haxorous and hydregon both pseudo legends also? Or am I misremembering

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Countblanc posted:

What's the funniest attack name? My vote is Sky Attack.

Bonemarang

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I beat the water trial. Am still only able to maintain five Pokémon, I caught a dumb mushroom guy and he died immediately.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Headed in to fight the second island kahuna next.

Overall I’m definitely liking brionne and herdier, they are hearty and cool. Crobat is a reliable friend and dugtrio is better than anticipated so far.

Not sure about fomantis or salandit. I can’t justify two poison types and crobat is definitely better so far. Unsure what level fomantis evolves at but its stats are awful so far.

I almost forgot how drat slow all the new alola Pokémon seemingly are. Wonder what the reasoning was there

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Works for me! I remember liking poke pelago and it seems weird that I haven’t opened that yet. Is it the third island before I get that? Idk

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Debra is a lady yeah. I’m going to give it a chance to stick around once it evolves but I have a bonsly and a gyarados waiting in the wings.

Really hoping I can luck out or abuse repels and get an oranguru. Always wanted to give one a whirl.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Dragon rage has been nice but her stab moves suck poo poo. Smog and flame burst ain’t getting it done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I had the chance to buy venoshock. I think in the city I just wrapped up with? But I’m leaning towards dropping salandit and don’t want to buy that for no reason. I can always fly back later.

I can’t remember how far into the third island you have to get before you can access some good mons. Only ever played sun before so the aforementioned oranguru would be a delightful addition if I can manage it. Would like to try and get another special attacker in there to replace some of the chaff. Can’t imagine stoutland will hold up very well. Need a fighting type too. Have a stufful in the box that is mighty tempting. Too many choices