Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Are any of the anime seasons better than x/y? I've only watched those and the first season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

It's not germane to Stealth Rocks but I would like to know why competitive Pokemon has bizarre tiers based on metagame analysis and no points-based balancing like virtually every other (non-card) game where you select what to use from a list of game assets. Seeing as the phone game and now Let's Go assign Pokemon overall power numbers, there is probably a framework for balancing lists in place there that just needs to be grown. Every miniatures game in existence does this.

Usage with banlists is likely a better meta than some points based thing, idk. Smogon is not an official Nintendo thing, AFAIK no one is really getting paid

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

gently caress when is sword and shield coming ahhh

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't mind no national dex but mega evos are much better than dynamaxing. Also the wild area looks like a cool version of the safari zone so i hope they expand it

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

you should buy it to get mario maker 2, breath of the wild, and other good games

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Focus blast lucario is cool as heck

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sword or shield, which are you getting and why

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im so shook.
Went to the store, bought some snacks and was in line for the midnight release.

Some random dude came up and got in my face and asked why I just kicked his car
and just would not believe i didn't do it

I offered to go to managers about it so he could watch the video and he said no

w t f

His mom came in with him a few minutes later and started taking pictures of me. he was in his early 20's i guess.

got my pokemon game tho

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What are your best wooloo nicknames? I named mine Tom Braidy for his sick hair.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No one joins my raids, even the 5 star ones. Unfortunate. These ai are not helpful

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Espurr will chase you down with the speed of a cheetah

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Holy poo poo that's good

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Annath posted:

How do you check a Mon's IVs?

Do you get money from Battle Tower Battles?

Are Battle Tower battles doable with non-minmaxed pokemon?

Win 6? Battles in tower to get the IV checker.

No but you get a better currency, BP.

You can get pretty high with your in-game team or just rent the rain team and never lose

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Axel Serenity posted:

Yes and no. It is, technically, possible according to a few forums. However, it requires two Switches--one unhacked--and the unhacked one had to be made before September 2018 or so before Nintendo implemented a patch that is really good at detecting and banning certain things in online play.

I'm sure people will figure out how to make it easier eventually, but my personal experience as primarily a breeder and Surprise Trader is that I haven't seen any obviously hacked mons yet after a hundred+ trades, which is a far cry from the flood that was SuMo.

I mean people on the big streams are talking about their pkhex'd mons since about 2 days ago.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Edit^^^:HA scorbunny isn't available yet but I'm fairly certain they're already being traded.

Vitamins are still expensive - running gigantamax meowth through the champions cup might still be a slower EV training method than filling an entire party with mons to be EV trained at one time.

Perhaps gigantamax meowth in the battle tower to farm pokedollars and BP at the same time. Shame about his stats though

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 21, 2019

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Anything non English im p sure

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Just to reconfirm, you can have multiple files by making a second profile on your Switch, right?

Yes

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The only balls you should ever have end-game are net, quick, repeat, and dusk. Maybe a couple ultra balls for first time catches that aren't in raid dens(which count as night time)

Or pretty ones for fashion

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Man I've been trying to get a gmax sandaconda for at least a few days. I can't catch this fucker

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I think I have some spares if you want one.

I finally got one. Posting made it happen within a few minutes. Just gotta complain to get the luck

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I wish there was a way to do a new game in pokemon without waiting for pokemon home to save your mons.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

indigi posted:

Jesus Christ.

Unless you have the switch family plan maybe

And I specifically want to start over while keeping my mons... And my online service

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The PSS from x/y was really good imo.

I'm praying they implement the GTS and actual good trading along with pokemon home.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I just toss a quick ball and if that doesn't work, the pokemon dies

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Is there a good site that explains some of the basic concepts and strategies doubles? I've found bits and pieces here and there, but a lot of what I've seen hasn't been updated in years (so I'm not sure how mechanics/viable pokemon have changed) or have articles that go into huge depth about advanced mechanics but don't have much info on the fundamentals.

https://pikalytics.com/pokedex/

Wolfe glicke and Aaron zheng youtube channels are good.

Nugget Bridge used to be the vgc equivalent of the smogon forums but I think it's dead now so the smogon vgc forums are fine

When I'm home ill look at my bookmarks and post the guides I have there

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Acrobatics+Flying Gem was basically a z-move, wasn't it? You need a specific hold item that has no other purpose, it's just one type, hits like an absolute truck.

Yeah but talon flame was the bird of choice and that meant even after the priority 180 BP acro you still got priority 120bp acro afterwards.

This was pre nerf gale wings

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is there anyone with hacked djttos that can send one over? Friends and I are doing a league thing and I don't have time to breed for hours a day

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I want the drat pss back

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What do you get for clearing those?

Lots of BP iirc

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I wonder if there's enough goon pokemon interest to sustain an 8 person draft league

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I just finished a Singles draft a week ago, I definitely recommend setting one up if it sounds interesting. It helps to have a discord server where you can ping people when it's their turn to draft to keep things from dragging.

I'm thinking a VGC style one, since theres a million singles draft leagues out there already.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NZC2R83

if you want to play a goon pokemon draft league, fill this out. deciding between vgc and singles. discord link is in the survey

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Do you have a link to the WBE rules? Also the discord link is dead.

Yeah I realized i had to re-make the server, so here's a new link https://discord.gg/6c4rJGQ

https://draft-league.nl/public/pages/leaguetier.php?league=118

this is their banlist - the way it works is a standard snake draft, you can draft one g-max pokemon and that's the only mon on your team that can dynamax. I'll get a write-up for it before the league starts.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 30, 2020

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Holy... poo poo. I moved probably 60 or 70 pokemon from home to sword, then played for a while. I played some fire emblem, and then booted sword back up again and all of them are missing. Literally all of the pokemon I moved over are missing and my game got reset back a couple of days. I definitely saved.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm so upset. All my dittos I'd collected on the 3ds games, all my legendaries, story teams, bred mons... It's all gone. Literally years of my pokemon

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

RatHat posted:

Unless you somehow loaded up an earlier cloud save I don’t understand how that’s possible since any saves would be after the transfer. Are you sure you didn’t change profiles by accident or something?

Yeah I mean it's my only account and profile on this switch.

I don't know how it would load an older save.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

RatHat posted:

Did you check that they’re not still in Home and you just didn’t complete the transfer?

Yeah I already looked there. All the stuff I left behind is still in home but im missing all the stuff I transferred

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Maybe I didn't wait for the save to finish on sword or something. So it just saved on home after it transfered but then never saved after they got on sword.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Gillman posted:

I don’t know how well this would work but you supposedly can get to backup save data prior your last save with UP + X + B on the title screen

I don’t save my switch to check but this reddit post has a vid

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonSwordAndShield/comments/e7xuo9/psa_you_can_revert_to_a_backup_save_data_prior/

Yeah it was even further back.

I've checked literally every box. As far as I can tell, my shits just gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I mean I know I can get all of those back. I was just venting honestly. The thing that stings most is losing my in game teams from x, y, or, and sun