Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

i wouldn't drink it
https://twitter.com/fanjimie/status/1101225596766511104?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

i love sir duxalot

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Countblanc posted:

the greatest betrayal of my young life was when i met up with my friend after school the day R/B came out and his mom had bought him both versions even though we had an explicit verbal contract that he would get red and i would get blue
sounds like he fulfilled his side of the contract

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

i don't understand why is Chansey here, is she getting an evo

e: also, going through alpha sapphire for the first time since... GBA sapphire when I was 10. Literally the only friends I like so far are Mudkip and Shroomish and i'm past the first gym. Where in this game do you find cool monsters?
there's a couple cool mons in the dark cave around gym 2. if you were playing OR you'd have access to Mawile who is a beast this gen, but her counterpart's pretty neat too

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

We never got Mega Meganium

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Baller Ina posted:

I refuse to believe anyone likes Magmortar
Magmortar is wild because it somehow looks stupider than the duck with a butt forehead it evolved from

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

less laughter posted:

Take off your nostalgia glasses and then compare them again.
i apologize if i gave the impression that i am at all fond of butthead duck

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

they should make pokemon evolve earlier yeah, who cares about consistency
:yeah:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hoothoot deserved better

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Murkrow is better than both

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Relicanth is bad because slow, defensive pokemon are bad and rock typing isn't very valuable

Rock Head + Head Smash is a neat trick though and it'd be cool if more mons got that without breeding bullshit though

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Also if anything gets Schooling it should be Unown

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zore posted:

Those exist solely from a give-away event from back in 2015
bulbapedia lists it as a base move they learn at level 1 and level 58

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Flopsy posted:

Dude I'm right there with you. I don't know how to phrase it without sounding horrible.
you didn't have to come in here and tell us you want to gently caress the rabbit at all

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is impidimp the pseudo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Wait, wait, wait

The starters don't get Gigantimax forms?

All six Gen 6 starters got Megas + the Kanto trio
All three Gen 7 starters got exclusive Z-Moves

This is odd and kinda disappointing.

Edit: Wait, the Kalos starters didn't get megas. I'm an idiot.
the kalos starters didn't get megas

Greninja gets that ash form thing, the other two get bupkis

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hatterene should be 50/50 male/female like Gardevoire and Mismagius

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Flopsy posted:

You're getting let off the hook easier than I did tbh. Last time the thread quickly devolved into a nightmare menagerie of pokemon gently caress jokes because I dared to mock rule 34 artists. Y'see by invoking the forbidden tomes we too become one of the cursed.
we made fun of you because you called the rabbit jailbait lol

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

galar birds are way better than kanto birds

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

People keep saying these are the best starters in forever like gen 7 doesn't exist

Anyway, if the "grass starters are extinct animals" thing holds true, we may end up with a sabretooth

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Since apple gator doesn’t look like he’s reinforce the Fire starters are Chinese zodiac thing I’d like to voice my displeasure at that theory attempting to pass fire hedgehog/badger off as a rat
i don't know that the starter theories are strict design goals. The head honcho at gamefreak probably didn't call one unlucky designer to his office, point at Typhlosion and scream "where's my RAT". But I could believe they sat down and said "foxes are like dogs, right?"

I forget, was there ever a water starter theory?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Legends isn't a mainline game and Typhlosion was kinda a retread anyway. Ghost/fire would be fine

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

My god we thought he was fire grass when he was fire water all along.

I can’t figure out what sprigatito might evolve into. Gamefreak likes making its starters regional stereotypes for its euro Pokémon games. You have pepper/hot chocolate for fuecoco, matador/don Quixote for quaxley but sprigatito? Roses? Picasso? Just a larger green cat?
i looked up Sabretooths to see if they were native to Spain but no such luck, just the Americas

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ever since i noticed the wings on the back of Blazikens head being stiff as plastic I've really soured on its design. Now I think Infernape is better looking. Mega Blaziken is a definite improvement though

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zuzie posted:

Meanwhile Flygon missed the boat and now Megas aren't a thing and Flygon probably won't get anything.
Flygon is pretty low on the list of pokemon that need megas. The top of the list are of course yanmega and meganium

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Can I get a hand evolving a Haunter in Moon?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Procrastine posted:

He's so hosed up I love him
he's going to have base 20 speed and supposedly good defences and still melt to any fire/fighting/steel type that looks at him funny

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Desperate Character posted:

It does have thick fat as one of its abilities at least so that removes the fire weakness
i didnt notice the ability, that does help some

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Bee posted:

I feel like we'll never get megas again part because of not wanting to repeat gimmicks and part because it created haves and have-nots. The one thing Z-Moves, Dynamax, and now these crystals have in common is that there are generic versions that anyone can use. Unless we get some kind of Pokemon kaio-ken, you're never getting that for Megas.
+20 to all stats and a generically useful ability for generic mega evolution would not be unreasonable to implement.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

+20 to all stats and a generically useful ability for generic mega evolution would not be unreasonable to implement.
although i guess that would potentially make pokemon like slaking or regigigas Too Good. They deserve it imo

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you can actually go anywhere without hard roadblocks i am perfectly fine with gyms not leveling with you

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Desperate Character posted:

Not enough posts about how sawsbuck and gogoat are finally back after the great dex snap. I wonder how they will handle the seasonal evolutions.
iirc sawsbuck has been locked to spring form in all games after gen 5 lol

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Muscle Tracer posted:

Requesting a cheese 'mon that eventually evolves into a Posion type.
Poison/Bug Casu Marzu pokemon

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm kind of baffled by the Koraidon dislike so far. I love that flintstones rear end motherfucker.

I think that direct confirmed some of the leaks. Poison wooper, crystal pokemon, i think we got pics of the gym leaders. Is there a good directory of the leaks including sources? I know Riddler Khu is reliable but I think poison wooper is from someone else

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zuzie posted:

I'm kind of already missing the designs for some of the human characters in Sword and Shield. Milo and Opal look like they wandered off from a Professor Layton game.

While more consistent, the human characters this time around are... fine I guess. They don't stand out.

As for the Pokemon themselves I'm not super impressed by any of them but I think I like Ceatitan and I guess the regional Wooper the most but I need to see if it turns into something neat or a regional Quagsire.

They'd probably keep something like that under wraps for now. Let the set of games stand on their own merits for at least a little while.
the rumor is it has a new evo, not quagsire

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hoffadoff posted:

Didn't they do this in gold and silver? Wasn't there a way to get trainers phone number or something and you could go back for a rematch? Did I just imagine all that? Or maybe he only had one gyarados and 5 magikarp on the rematch.
the system you describe exists but I dont think that the magikarp guys magikarp evolved

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/Riddler_Khu/status/1555223717101568005?t=I4VJXjKUK5GE_r5r1Gsr0A&s=19

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lawman 0 posted:

Is gen3 magneton good enough to bring to the elite 4?
yes.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Just don't send Magneton out against flygon or dusclops and you'll be fine. Flygon is immune to electric moves anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lawman 0 posted:

I gave myself an one use mulligan on picking up a repeat encounter (counting as that routes encounter in frlg) because I really wanted to try using a ninetales since I never actually used one before.
Do you guys think that's bad?
I'm not a cop